Like Tree5Likes

SC10 4x4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 04:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JEFFs SC10
WTF are you trying to say here???

Can someone tell me in English please? Cameron?
He's saying "Raise the outer camber link to reduce traction rolling".

I haven't had traction rolling issues since I raised the inner camber links....though I don't have an indoor track, and last year, I did not have a great slipper setup so I did not have the power in the corners....
Old 04-25-2012, 05:01 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Gon3r
What...so I'm not suppose to set it up like the SC10 4x4 in the RC Car Action example?

Now I'm confused

Guess I will stop unscrewing everything until I figure out what is what.
Originally Posted by Evil Genius jr.
Is the RC car action for 2wds? What issue?
If you remove the motor or pinion can the car roll forward smoothly on all 4 wheels? If so your good.
I could try to find the issue you are talking about, but before I do that, just wanted to put it out there that if you can hold your pinion, and push your truck, causing the slipper plates to slip on the pads, you will have a hard time putting power to the ground in a heavy 4wd truck.

I'm 99% certain that the RCCA issue you are referring to is talking about setting up the SC10 2wd with a ball diff and slipper.

The SC104x4 is the only 4x4 SC truck that I am aware of that has a "regular" slipper....
Old 04-25-2012, 05:12 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by BlueGlowBoy
I could try to find the issue you are talking about, but before I do that, just wanted to put it out there that if you can hold your pinion, and push your truck, causing the slipper plates to slip on the pads, you will have a hard time putting power to the ground in a heavy 4wd truck.

I'm 99% certain that the RCCA issue you are referring to is talking about setting up the SC10 2wd with a ball diff and slipper.

The SC104x4 is the only 4x4 SC truck that I am aware of that has a "regular" slipper....
Its the latest special edition short course truck issue.

Now I just feel dumb so basically I was stripping out my diff gears when I was hearing the 'clicking'.....I hate learning new things the hard way

Thanks all!
Old 04-25-2012, 05:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I have that issue, not in front of me so I'm not sure... but I think they were illustrating the 2wd method on the sc10 4x4.
Old 04-25-2012, 05:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

WTF are you trying to say here???

Can someone tell me in English please? Cameron?
Sorry you need a special Wild Cherry decoder ring. They were limited issue back in the 90's and only a few actually exist today. If you don't have one your out of luck. Mine I think is broken. It came up with "Drink Ovaltine."

Just kidding of course.
Old 04-25-2012, 05:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

hahah I remember that stuff.
Old 04-25-2012, 06:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)

For those wanting the new version exotek chassis to fit the FT saddle packs trickparts has them in stock and you can use coupon code "E1050" and get $10 off any purchase over $50, and shipping is only $4.95........
Old 04-25-2012, 07:04 PM
Tech Addict

The effect of these is a higher roll center correct? I think that would be the reason he was traction rolling, no?

Pretty soon I'll be running an indoor track that is being built as we speak. Check this out, it'll be 100' x 70' , large enough to run nitro.

I'm fookin excited and can't wait to try it out.
U and central florida sucks!!!!! Lol im soooo frickn jealous
Old 04-25-2012, 07:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cameron Kellogg
Sorry you need a special Wild Cherry decoder ring. They were limited issue back in the 90's and only a few actually exist today. If you don't have one your out of luck. Mine I think is broken. It came up with "Drink Ovaltine."

Just kidding of course.
Did you know you can turn Ovaltine to beer?
Old 04-25-2012, 08:42 PM
Tech Rookie

ive seen all the things posted about the ft kit and i decided to order it. what kinds of diff will i see in the way my truck performs on the track with it esp the vts slipper
Old 04-25-2012, 09:14 PM
Tech Master

it will be better.

VTS Slipper will let you get way more punch than the original, and more adjustability with 3 pads, 4 friction surfaces, and more tension under the spring.....about the same as MTK's basket.

Brace will help with belt tension slipping under hard landings....about the same as....Coyote's brace? Not sure who started all that mess....but I remember Coyote being one of the first to offer them for sale...

You can run sticks or saddles, which can help with the weight balance and get the truck jumping more level.... just like whoever decided to take the B44's battery tray and make it the Sc104x4.....

Surprised that the FT kit doesn't include front springs for all 4 corners...
Old 04-25-2012, 09:20 PM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Farmer_John
Did you know you can turn Ovaltine to beer?
Yes..., I can ....

get your decoder rings out please ....

Apologies for the tease
I just wanted to try out first before posting ...

Ever notice the diff's can have a tight feel and not as smooth, kinda notchy or at least not as smooth as you would like ?

Discovered if you over tight the screws U just distort the gear and this is the reason why the diff can feel as I mention....
Then you also find its leaks as well ....

Solution

do not over tighten the screws

add a extra seal as well....

Result

smooth as butter -O-yeah !
Old 04-25-2012, 09:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)

it will be better.

VTS Slipper will let you get way more punch than the original, and more adjustability with 3 pads, 4 friction surfaces, and more tension under the spring.....about the same as MTK's basket.

Brace will help with belt tension slipping under hard landings....about the same as....Coyote's brace? Not sure who started all that mess....but I remember Coyote being one of the first to offer them for sale...

You can run sticks or saddles, which can help with the weight balance and get the truck jumping more level.... just like whoever decided to take the B44's battery tray and make it the Sc104x4.....

Surprised that the FT kit doesn't include front springs for all 4 corners...
No I'm surprised they don't offer stiffer springs for the rear actually, I plan on trying out some other big bore springs from another rc (front springs) that are the same size length as the SC10 rear, that way ride height is easier to adjust......
Old 04-25-2012, 09:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ilanstylz
No I'm surprised they don't offer stiffer springs for the rear actually, I plan on trying out some other big bore springs from another rc (front springs) that are the same size length as the SC10 rear, that way ride height is easier to adjust......
Ride height is no sweat with the front springs on the rear. The only problem is the spring wants to fall out of the bucket at full droop. You should have some travel limiters in there anyway to try and save the outdrives, so adding a 2mm shim between the bucket and the eyelet is not a big deal.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:35 PM
Tech Adept

Cool Help a newb with obviously more $ than brains

I believe that my issues are being covered....traction roll.....raise inner ball stud...how much?....rear gear diff failure....why...how much$...and this new trick clutch I have....where in the world does that get set....I've toasted a set of rears so I'm guessing slightly less than ft recommendations? Please help....I have to smoke the slosi's...I've set my truck up as told by the FT 4x4 manual...except 10k front diff fluid...front blue springs on rear....and orange front sway and yellow rear sway....I race on a tight bumpy scale SC track...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.