Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree5Likes

SC10 4x4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 10:06 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Cameron Kellogg
Yeah the way that track is soft(red) or gold should be best. Clay(pink) or Super Soft(white) would bald in a few runs.

Trcr added new clay about 4 months back ...

For the first 3 to 4 weeks the clay is not near as abrasive as before ...

For Right now ?

JConcepts pressure points are your best as the track is still fresh .

Once the track drys out the rattlers & bar codes would a better choice as they can wear longer ...
Old 04-19-2012, 11:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default Leaky shock

I have 1 rear shock that continues to leak. I have replaced both x rings, used green slime, new gray and black bottom caps. Any ideas?
Old 04-19-2012, 12:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Resqnu
I have 1 rear shock that continues to leak. I have replaced both x rings, used green slime, new gray and black bottom caps. Any ideas?
Not trying to sound ignorant but I had the same issue, but are you sure its tightened all the way at the bottom?
Old 04-19-2012, 12:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ilanstylz
Not trying to sound ignorant but I had the same issue, but are you sure its tightened all the way at the bottom?
I had the same issue as well. Back right shock. I rebuilt all 4 shocks with new Trackstar o-rings. Made sure that the insert was facing the right way, tightened the bottom cap as far as I could on all 4......back right leaked like a screen door on a submarine. Replaced the 2 o-rings with another completely new set, and it seems to be OK now. I'm wondering if I buggered both of the o-rings on that one shock when I inserted the shaft....
Old 04-19-2012, 12:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BlueGlowBoy
I had the same issue as well. Back right shock. I rebuilt all 4 shocks with new Trackstar o-rings. Made sure that the insert was facing the right way, tightened the bottom cap as far as I could on all 4......back right leaked like a screen door on a submarine. Replaced the 2 o-rings with another completely new set, and it seems to be OK now. I'm wondering if I buggered both of the o-rings on that one shock when I inserted the shaft....
I tightened the gray cap tight and the black cap pretty snug. I have watched the AE shock video and looked at the manual. For you guys not having the leaky shocks, which way you guys are installing the tapered insert?
Old 04-19-2012, 12:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ilanstylz
Same issue for me on my left rear shock. After every run there would be clumps of clay collected around the leaky shock. Rebuild all 4 with Trackstar orings, Shock Snot and check tightness but it still leaked. I just ran it like that for a few weeks just cleaning and adding shock oil. Finally I just rebuild the damm thing again and this time used a little extra Shock Snot on the offending shock. Reused the same Trackstar orings. So far so good!
Old 04-19-2012, 01:40 PM
Tech Regular

I have the same issue, both rear shocks leak for me.. used green slime, trackstar o-rings, stock o-rings, tightened down as much as possible, tightened down just hand-tight, etc.. no change, always leaking.
Old 04-19-2012, 02:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I use green slime with track star o ring on the top and AE x ring on the bottom. I had intermittent leaks with all track star so I met half way.
Still less stiction than all AE rings but with no leaks.
Old 04-19-2012, 04:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Why are ppl using front blue springs on rear?
Old 04-19-2012, 04:13 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by IRM616
I've heard it jumps better and maybe more, can't remember.

I haven't tried cuz I'd have to go buy another spring that I already have and if I don't like the change... that would suck.
Old 04-19-2012, 04:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by IRM616
The rear spring rate is too soft, relative to the front, especially IF you are running yellow fronts. Some users don't like the change, but most have been positive

Cameron started running greens fronts in the rear, and then switched to whites fronts on the rear. I ran my truck with his setup indoor and it was the best my truck has ever been.
Old 04-19-2012, 04:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CraigMBA
The rear spring rate is too soft, relative to the front, especially IF you are running yellow fronts. Some users don't like the change, but most have been positive

Cameron started running greens fronts in the rear, and then switched to whites fronts on the rear. I ran my truck with his setup indoor and it was the best my truck has ever been.
Thanks guys
Old 04-19-2012, 04:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

So does' any one run Red rear (3.4) and green fronts (3.5)?
Old 04-19-2012, 04:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

You COULD always get a set of front springs near blue but not blue. That way, even if you don't like them in the back, you can still use them as a tuning option on the front.

I have a full set of tuning springs, both front and back, and I can tell you that I much prefer the fronts both front and back.
Old 04-19-2012, 04:58 PM
Tech Champion

You COULD always get a set of front springs near blue but not blue. That way, even if you don't like them in the back, you can still use them as a tuning option on the front.

I have a full set of tuning springs, both front and back, and I can tell you that I much prefer the fronts both front and back.
I have the spring sets as well, but mine didn't come with two sets of blue fronts

But it's only a couple bucks for another front blue set and if I don't like it, it will not be the most expensive error I've made in rc

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.