Search
Like Tree5Likes

SC10 4x4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 10:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JEFFs SC10
Ya know I had a bnib Hitec 7955 that I was gonna use for a ebuggy but I sold it, something told me I should have put that sucka in. FAIL

I don't have another servo unfortunately.

Yes it is a giant p.i.t.a to swap one out, I only want to swap out only if I absolutely have to.

The weird thing about this is it is intermittent and usually happens later on in the day when I'm running.

I'm wondering this: If my batteries (saddles) are discharged to a certain degree that they can't maintain the amps.

I am using 20c saddles, that could possibly be it. Maybe I need more c ?
I run savox on mine as well, I would def. go up higher on the "C" rating. I personally don't go below 30c but try to stick to 40c+ packs......
Old 03-19-2012, 10:27 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Ya know I had a bnib Hitec 7955 that I was gonna use for a ebuggy but I sold it, something told me I should have put that sucka in. FAIL

Yes it is a giant p.i.t.a to swap one out, I only want to swap out only if I absolutely have to.

The weird thing about this is it is intermittent and usually happens later on in the day when I'm running.

I'm wondering this: If my batteries (saddles) are discharged to a certain degree that they can't maintain the amps.
Yeah you do need a higher c rating with the combo your running..at least 35c..the smallest I'm running is 50c..
Old 03-19-2012, 10:36 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

You could try turning the current limiter way up so the c rating on your batteries isn't such a factor. You can turn the end points up enough to hit the stops which will Max your servo load. Mine would brown out at that point. Then you would know your not getting the amps you need.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

ok cool, sorta confirms my thinking. My batteries would be warm after running them. I'm only geared at 13/62 but I'm sure the amp draw is working these suckas hard.

I'm going to try the turnigy nano techs that are advertised as 65c. I doubt they are really 65 but I'm sure they are more than 25 c.

What all saddle packs are you guys running? I'm not at the point where I can afford Reedy saddles.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:41 AM
Tech Adept

I just got a Tekin pro 4600/rx8 what was wondering what esc settings guys are using for it. Also what pinions would be a good starting point. Thanks.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:44 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Don't forget to take your receiver apart and clean the dirt out of it every now and then. I have had my truck act like it was getting radio hits, shut downs, and other problems and it was all because of dirt in the receiver.

I also found without a cap (Savox) that turning the wheels back an forth on the bench I could get the receiver light to go out and it would go dead for a few seconds.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:46 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Cameron Kellogg
Don't forget to take your receiver apart and clean the dirt out of it every now and then. I have had my truck act like it was getting radio hits, shut downs, and other problems and it was all because of dirt in the receiver.

I also found without a cap (Savox) that turning the wheels back an forth on the bench I could get the receiver light to go out and it would go dead for a few seconds.
Ya know that is initially what I thought cause I have had that problem before.

Good catch Cameron I'm gonna take a looksie tonight.

Remember back in the day when we put them in baggies? (or at least I did)
Old 03-19-2012, 10:51 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by heavyjeffd
Is it the Savox HV servo? If so, I know a lot of people having the same problem. They gave up using the HV servos on ebuggy and went to the regular Savox. They don't seem to work right without their own BEC and battery.
I could see that being a problem as well. At 6V the regular savox's can pull 5A which Is what I think the RX8 can handle on it's internal BEC, then pushing that to 7.4 may make the servo pull more than 5A. You could always pickup a castle BEC and get around the issue if that is the case.

Being high voltage I guess you could power the servo right off the battery and bypass the BEC as well, but I would be concerned with how the handling would feel as the servo would respond diffrently as the voltage starts to drop.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:57 AM
Tech Elite

ok cool, sorta confirms my thinking. My batteries would be warm after running them. I'm only geared at 13/62 but I'm sure the amp draw is working these suckas hard.

I'm going to try the turnigy nano techs that are advertised as 65c. I doubt they are really 65 but I'm sure they are more than 25 c.

What all saddle packs are you guys running? I'm not at the point where I can afford Reedy saddles.
The turnigy's are pretty good fresh, but one of the two sets I bought is coming down with kick-start syndrome where to start off a heat I had to have one of the marshals kick my truck to get it moving while the other pack works fine down last few mins before LVC.

I got some of the 90c Orions on the way. Only place I could find them was on ebay and I didn't notice they were being shipped out of hong kong. For the $5 I paid in shipping I don't expect to see them anytime soon.
Old 03-19-2012, 11:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I've been using the 6000 65c nano techs for awhile and really like them. They hold their punch right down to cutoff. I have some 40c 5000 Turnigy's which are good but don't compare.
Old 03-19-2012, 11:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

If you don't need to make tight turns that should be ok, otherwise it might push.

You can probably get away with the 10/5 honestly.
I'm running 20k front right now but I think it's too heavy. I'm thinking about trying 10k/10k.
Thanks guys.
How often do you change diff fluid?
Old 03-19-2012, 11:14 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Resqnu
Thanks guys.
How often do you change diff fluid?
Pretty often, the diffs are kinda hard on fluid and they leak a decent bit (a little more than my 1/8th scales). So you need to make sure there's oil in there anyway.
Old 03-19-2012, 11:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Thanks, I have been changing every 2 race days so far.
Old 03-19-2012, 11:18 AM
Tech Elite

Pretty often, the diffs are kinda hard on fluid and they leak a decent bit (a little more than my 1/8th scales). So you need to make sure there's oil in there anyway.
Mine don't leak anymore. I started putting a thin bead of 100% silcone calk around the seals and haven't lost a drop of fluid since. I haven't replaced the fluid since I last did that, so we'll see how re-usable the seals are after I do that sometime this week.
Old 03-19-2012, 11:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mdmaxx
I just got a Tekin pro 4600/rx8 what was wondering what esc settings guys are using for it. Also what pinions would be a good starting point. Thanks.
Gearing 11-12T for smaller tight tracks, 13-14T for larger tracks

Settings I had mine at:

No current limiter
Brakes 80perc.
No push or drag
Timing at 5

I run on a tight indoor small track...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.