Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree5Likes

SC10 4x4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2012, 11:54 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by carrotcake
Does anybody know or think the current Team Associated Underbody (ASC91168) for SC10 4x4 would fit on the coming soon Factory Team SC10 4X4??

The Chassis Brace seems to be in the way and the 2 "Clip holders" are gone. Looking at the Factory Team SC10 4X4 pictures and manual diagrams where these 2 "clip holders" used to be are replaced with screws to secure the carbon brace. Even if we can use Velcro to stick the underbody on the car, I think the chassis brace would still be in the way??

Because I already have this Underbody....I want to use it on the Factory Team kit.

Thanks.
Robert
It will work with some slight mod.....just the same as running any aftermarket carbon brace on the current SC10 4x4. You need to shave out a corner near the front of the underbody to clear the brace. To run the under body on the new FT kit, you need to shave the bottom 3ml of a stock front underbody mount and screw it down on top of the brace. In the back you need to relocate the brace mounting point to a spot dead center on the rear plastic diff assembly brace (drill a hole) and take another stock front underbody mount.....run it all on the same screw......reem a custom hole in the underbody.....voila it all works great.

I wish I wasn't a tech rookie so I could post links here because I have photos in photobucket. Its a tight set-up.
Old 03-19-2012, 02:43 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wrutherf
I am still running the stock 2 slipper pad setup, obviously getting mad amounts of slip and keep glazing the pads...

So what is better for the truck the center diff from RC Shox or running the clutch basket?

At the moment, I run on High-Med bite indoor track - really tight layout..
Old 03-19-2012, 04:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by heavyjeffd
Is it the Savox HV servo? If so, I know a lot of people having the same problem. They gave up using the HV servos on ebuggy and went to the regular Savox. They don't seem to work right without their own BEC and battery.
I have a Savox 1256. this problem just started happening.

When these guys went back to regular savox their problems went away?
Old 03-19-2012, 04:47 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jimz34
I'm having the exact same problem with mine. DX3r with fresh batteries, Novak 4.5 Ballistic 550, Novak Havoc Pro esc with Xdrive, & a Spektrum cap installed.
Hey Jim, were you able to resolve this? Which savox are you using?
Old 03-19-2012, 06:04 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JEFFs SC10
I have a Savox 1256. this problem just started happening.

When these guys went back to regular savox their problems went away?
To my knowledge, yes.

On nitro it's not a problem since they have their own power source (as an example), but with electric's IIRC all ESC's supply servo voltage at 6V, not the 7.4V HV servos need.

I have never used a Savox personally (I run KO stuff), but I've seen more than one of my friends go through this and the only solution was getting rid of the HV servo or running a RX battery pack.
Old 03-19-2012, 06:23 AM
Tech Elite

I may go to a different servo that draws less. The last thing I want is this to happen at a race. Im glad I been taking my time and working out the bugs n fine tuning.

The weird thing is this isnt a HV servo.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:04 AM
Tech Regular

Just slap a 7$ BEC from Hobbyking in there and you'll be good.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:11 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

so I think I'm getting 'brownout's' with my setup. I would be running just fine and then all of a sudden, truck would shut off and/or would have steering and no throttle and/or throttle/esc would come on/off. the rx8 was giving an indication of low/no transmitter signal (all led's blinking). very weird.

It's weird cause it's an intermittent problem. Not sure if it is a combination of the pro4,rx8 and savox servo drawing too much amps at the same time or if it possibly is another problem like my transmitter not having enough volts/charge?? Randy Pike said maybe my transmitter is frequency hopping?? He also said to throw a cap on, so fingers crossed.

I have a spectrum cap that I'm going to throw in the receiver to see if it fixes the problem.
It seems strange you would still have steering if it was a brown out. I had an issue with brown outs when I put an AE 1015 servo in. I would lose steering and motor until the receiver reset. May be something else.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

so I think I'm getting 'brownout's' with my setup. I would be running just fine and then all of a sudden, truck would shut off and/or would have steering and no throttle and/or throttle/esc would come on/off. the rx8 was giving an indication of low/no transmitter signal (all led's blinking). very weird.

It's weird cause it's an intermittent problem. Not sure if it is a combination of the pro4,rx8 and savox servo drawing too much amps at the same time or if it possibly is another problem like my transmitter not having enough volts/charge?? Randy Pike said maybe my transmitter is frequency hopping?? He also said to throw a cap on, so fingers crossed.

I have a spectrum cap that I'm going to throw in the receiver to see if it fixes the problem.
I run the same electronics and have had the same issue. A cap fixes it. I run a cap in all my cars that have savox servos. The savox servo is known to be a power hog.
Old 03-19-2012, 09:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default Diff oil ?

Does everyone still recommend the 20wt front and 5wt rear diff oil for a 1/8 scale outdoo track? I've been running 10/5 for indoor. I'm running a MTK slipper with garodiscs.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:07 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by pakk
I run the same electronics and have had the same issue. A cap fixes it. I run a cap in all my cars that have savox servos. The savox servo is known to be a power hog.
I have a cap, but since the RX8 has a 5 amp internal BEC I thought I was ok.
Guess not

Sometimes I would lose all power to everything and it would make my truck act possessed. Most of the time I'd lose the throttle and still have steering.

So I'll take it out Wednesday to see if she still has the the same issues.

One way or another I gotta figure it out before trying to enter a race.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:08 AM
Tech Elite

I have a cap, but since the RX8 has a 5 amp internal BEC I thought I was ok.
Guess not

Sometimes I would lose all power to everything and it would make my truck act possessed. Most of the time I'd lose the throttle and still have steering.

So I'll take it out Wednesday to see if she still has the the same issues.

One way or another I gotta figure it out before trying to enter a race.
If you have another servo, give that a shot too. Although it is kind of a bear changing servos. :\
Old 03-19-2012, 10:09 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Resqnu
Does everyone still recommend the 20wt front and 5wt rear diff oil for a 1/8 scale outdoo track? I've been running 10/5 for indoor. I'm running a MTK slipper with garodiscs.
If you don't need to make tight turns that should be ok, otherwise it might push.

You can probably get away with the 10/5 honestly.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:09 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Resqnu
I'm running 20k front right now but I think it's too heavy. I'm thinking about trying 10k/10k.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:14 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by heavyjeffd
If you have another servo, give that a shot too. Although it is kind of a bear changing servos. :\
Ya know I had a bnib Hitec 7955 that I was gonna use for a ebuggy but I sold it, something told me I should have put that sucka in. FAIL

I don't have another servo unfortunately.

Yes it is a giant p.i.t.a to swap one out, I only want to swap out only if I absolutely have to.

The weird thing about this is it is intermittent and usually happens later on in the day when I'm running.

I'm wondering this: If my batteries (saddles) are discharged to a certain degree that they can't maintain the amps.

I am using 20c saddles (whatever the Gens Ace rating is could be 25c), that could possibly be it. Maybe I need more c ?

Last edited by JEFFs SC10; 03-19-2012 at 10:39 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.