Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree5Likes

SC10 4x4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2011, 07:18 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Fellas, let's keep this discussion civil.
Old 05-22-2011, 07:18 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by T-BirdJunkie
EN Hobbies in Columbus, OH has one in stock.

Man, it'd be awesome if RCTech would put something like a function where you can search a thread, wouldn't it?
Marquue thinks t-bird is on to something with that idea and have posted it twice for the powers that be to see and acknowlege..I think Rcz has that option, but there just not as informative to ppl's experiences as this thread and RcSc's forums..Marquee agrees and thinks it would be a great deterent for redundant questions in forums..

Hey T-bird and peeps, i have run into problems with my sc10 4wd...Mostly bc of user error due to running the truck without the two advised washers that go on the slipper assembly..I probably should have waited to put them on..Did you guys have the extra washers/shims that were recomended on this thread included in there kits??I think I destroyed my slipper thrust bearing due to the slipper thrust spacer not being machined right as noted b/f.....Well, i ran it without the spacers and needed to keep on tightening the slipper ( that everone says is the symptom of the mismanufactured part) and think i caused the slipper pads to burn out and destroy the slipper thrust bearing..The tranny is not binding as i free rolled it nicely..It also caused my 19t pulley to damage slightly..It's now a paper weight and feel bummed about it ..I should have waited for the washers/spacers/shims/whatever you want to call them..

Last edited by MarqueeRc; 05-23-2011 at 02:23 AM.
Old 05-22-2011, 07:21 PM
Tech Adept

Not sure if you realize this...but...in the steps where you're putting the bearings in, it tells you the size. You could've just like, opened the manual.

Your inability (or lack of desire) to help yourself is slightly unnerving.
Probably the same way it makes me feel when you refer to yourself in the third person. Ease up on the guy, I couldn't have told you the size of my axles either. I'm sure we aren't the only 2 in this thread.
Old 05-22-2011, 07:24 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by emveebee
The first test runs of the Asso SC10 at our race track in The Netherlands (Europe)

I hope you like it

(double click the video for HD)
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Awesome driving. What's your setup there?
Old 05-22-2011, 07:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Not sure if you realize this...but...in the steps where you're putting the bearings in, it tells you the size. You could've just like, opened the manual.

Your inability (or lack of desire) to help yourself is slightly unnerving.
OK if you read my post clearly, Ill tell you again just for you , When I built my truck (which i already know what an axle is) I did not look at the spec of it because really i didnt care about that. Ya I have a lack of desire of looking at a spec, I love that your telling me this , coming from the person who talks in third person

And just because you think I have a lack of desire, i went to the manual and checked the setup myself. If you built the truck through the manual which I did, the axle part is in the front and rear suspension assembly section, and it says no 6mm axle, it says CVA Axle.
Old 05-22-2011, 07:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by the big rc
Having an issue with off power steering. I think a sway bar might help, but i'm just not getting enough. I am now using the clicker, but it still isn't great.

What have you found that works?

Stock springs, 35 front 30 back shocks on inner on top and outer bottom. Long camber links front and back
You have stuff in the wrong holes. (thats what she said)

Shocks middle on the tower, Outter camber hole in the front. 5mm under front ball stud. 25wt. in the rear should help too.

BUT tires are 80% so get those first.
Old 05-22-2011, 07:36 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cameron Kellogg
You have stuff in the wrong holes. (thats what she said)

Shocks middle on the tower, Outter camber hole in the front. 5mm under front ball stud. 25wt. in the rear should help too.

BUT tires are 80% so get those first.
I m agree with you, I m sure the tire are the problem for mr.
Actually I have Caliber M4 ejvery where and it s not good....Too muvh steering and no way to stay straight with full power...like a 2WD with a too big motor.
I have ordered bar code orange to see....result next friday
Old 05-22-2011, 07:48 PM
Tech Adept

The caliber M2 is working well on my setup
Old 05-22-2011, 07:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Read the front page and spent a 1/2 hour searching but no specific answer. Can I run 48 pitch with a 1410? The front page says 17 tooth with 93 spur but temps were higher? Would you guys recommend against it? Just getting on to this thread so you regulars on here, go easy on me, I did search.
Old 05-22-2011, 07:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Originally Posted by b121774
Read the front page and spent a 1/2 hour searching but no specific answer. Can I run 48 pitch with a 1410? The front page says 17 tooth with 93 spur but temps were higher? Would you guys recommend against it? Just getting on to this thread so you regulars on here, go easy on me, I did search.
I'm running the 48 pitch on my truck with a 19t pinion ..... after 15 mins of practice laps, Motor temp was about 140-145 degrees.
Old 05-22-2011, 08:02 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Odin544
I drove mine for the first time on friday. Played with gearing a little. Ended up running 16 (32p) and the stock spur. I have an RX8/ Sc4x 5.5t. Temps never got hotter than 135. This was on a larger 1/8 scale outdoor track in 75 degrees running 8 minute mains.

Great Info! Thanks for sharing!
Old 05-22-2011, 08:05 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by ChucksTrucks
The front and rear body mount brackets (manual pages 14 &15) are the exact same width and location as as the mounts for 2wd and 4x4 Slash which is fantastic since many of us have bodies already drilled for Slash we would like to run on the SC10 4x4 too. Thanks AE! However, the posts themselves have an odd 1/2 inch 'cobra head' offset, which pushes the Slash body either a half inch too far forward or rearward depending on which direction you install the offset. Straight posts would be perfect and all your old Slash bodies will drop right on without having to drill any new holes. I sure would like to slap whoever spoiled perfection by making the silly offset posts, lol. Does anyone know of any straight square body posts from another vehicle that would slip into the square hole of these body mount brackets?
Originally Posted by SikKustomz
Durtrax makes a set. 3-4$
Duratrax is round not square and appears to have a smaller head that will likely punch through the body. Hopefully we can find something better.
Old 05-22-2011, 08:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cult Racing
and it says no 6mm axle, it says CVA Axle.
If you look at the bearing, it says 6x12.
Originally Posted by ChucksTrucks
Duratrax is round not square and appears to have a smaller head that will likely punch through the body. Hopefully we can find something better.
Don't have a set handy but would the square T-maxx/Revo body posts work?
Old 05-22-2011, 08:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

I finally got my truck finished today... wow this thing is quiet. I thought it might be a little loud at first, but boy I was amazed when I gave it a little throttle I will race it at the 2nd Rd. of our Points Series this Saturday for the first time. I'll make sure to let you guys know how it goes. I have added the TiNi ballstuds, lunsford turnbuckles, and some blue hardware for a little factory bling

RX8
SC4X 4.5
13/62
10K / 5K IN THE DIFFS
400 HB / 350 HB IN THE SHOCKS

Old 05-22-2011, 08:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

So is everyone running a 550 or 540 can motors?can you run a
Tc spec with a 550'can or should you just run the rx8?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.