Search
Like Tree5Likes

SC10 4x4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 10:23 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by JEFFs SC10
Do I have to do something special to limit travel? I'm going to try it as is.

heard it gonna rain again this weekend.

You have internal limiters already on your front shocks! I have not been on the track yet with the rear frt/blues but it does feel better on the bench!
As far as pistons go you may possibly need to up the rear oil to 22.5 or even 25 to compensate for the stiffer springs. I will have more info on this tomorrow!

Not gonna lie, i shelved my SC10 for the last few weeks for two reasons one, The jumping issue pisses me off and two been working with lutz on the Durango. The Durango jumps WAAAAAAAAY better than the SC10 but around the rest of the track it is nowhere near as quick but the thing is by jumping the jumps that i could not make with the SC10 my laptimes are quicker at both tracks. So I am excited to finally get out and try the reverse idler and springs and hopefully get this rig back on track!
Old 03-08-2012, 10:31 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
You have internal limiters already on your front shocks! I have not been on the track yet with the rear frt/blues but it does feel better on the bench!
As far as pistons go you may possibly need to up the rear oil to 22.5 or even 25 to compensate for the stiffer springs. I will have more info on this tomorrow!

Not gonna lie, i shelved my SC10 for the last few weeks for two reasons one, The jumping issue pisses me off and two been working with lutz on the Durango. The Durango jumps WAAAAAAAAY better than the SC10 but around the rest of the track it is nowhere near as quick but the thing is by jumping the jumps that i could not make with the SC10 my laptimes are quicker at both tracks. So I am excited to finally get out and try the reverse idler and springs and hopefully get this rig back on track!
hope the weather holds for you and you get it working the way you need it to.

For those running the MTK clutch basket or similar, how far down do you have your slipper nut set? I have it flush with the end of the shaft for now. Curious as to others.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain
Are you using the Ballistic 550 with the 14mm rotor or for the sc104x4 only using the stock rotor? I heard the losi guys needed the 14mm for heat issues, wasn't sure if this was being seen with the sc10 4x4.
umm... no...? I'm running a REEDY SONIC BRUSHLESS 550 4.5
Old 03-08-2012, 10:36 AM
Tech Master

oops...
Old 03-08-2012, 10:37 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ABN Hoosier
I did 22 yrs Army, I'm retired now, you can call me Hoosier...LOL

I am contemplating the Tekin RX8 with a 4600, the Castle sc PRO with the MM 3800 1410, or the LRP 4.5T with the SXX ESC.
hey man, the rx8 and 4600 will be to much for Hals and DD. get the 4000kv and you'll be perfect. O, and if you dont get the military discount from tekin, LMK, you can give me the cash and I'll buy it for ya.

P.S.: I'm active duty Army for the last 6 years as an EOD Tech. Thanks for your 22 hoosier.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I thought I read I needed something additional to run in the fronts in the rears. Yes I know I have limiters lol, I added one extra cause for some reason my cva's got bent and I wasnt really taking big jumps.

o well part of racing, I have some new ones that I'll throw in.
Old 03-08-2012, 11:06 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by JEFFs SC10
I thought I read I needed something additional to run in the fronts in the rears. Yes I know I have limiters lol, I added one extra cause for some reason my cva's got bent and I wasnt really taking big jumps.

o well part of racing, I have some new ones that I'll throw in.
I put them INSIDE the shocks on the front under the pistons.
Old 03-08-2012, 11:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Check out this vid my buddy shot from Pyscho Nitro Blast today.

Mantis I'm sure your triple isn't as big as this! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAuuh...lcp&playnext=1

wish I could be there right now looks so fun. 60 sec lap times for reference.
Old 03-08-2012, 11:45 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mrplease
i had a real bad experience today at the track with my sons sc10 4x4...

i decided to upgrade his rtr to a lrp tc spec esc & x-12L 550 5.5 turn combo ($260 from amain). an associated guy on the phone told me to run a 13T pinion with the stock rtr spur gear so thats what i got.

anyway it seemed like it was running great for about 20 minutes until we realized the power cutting a bit from a dead stop. after we pulled it in i could tell the motor was smoking hot! check the temp and it was 270 degrees!!!!

i checked if my pinion was to tight on my spur gear and it wasn't. i waited for it to cool down and put a 14t pinion on . it stuttered on starts again and i had my son run it around our very small indoor track 2 laps brought it back in and the temp was already up to 220 degrees.

speed controlled never got hot.

i'll call associated tomorrow to see if they can help me out to as why this is happening. does anyone know what the problem might be? this is definitely not what you want to happen after you install a $260 part in your rc...
I'm curious what they'll say.. I run the same motor, also 14t, but I have no way to actually run on a track for at least another month, so I don't know how the temps will be.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lodhammerdin
hey man, the rx8 and 4600 will be to much for Hals and DD. get the 4000kv and you'll be perfect. O, and if you dont get the military discount from tekin, LMK, you can give me the cash and I'll buy it for ya.

P.S.: I'm active duty Army for the last 6 years as an EOD Tech. Thanks for your 22 hoosier.
lodhammerdin, EOD! I knew you were active duty, didn't know u were in Explosive Ordnance Disposal though, tough work dude! I am leaning toward AE/LRP since I have a good friend who can "help out" with some "team pricing" thanks for your service brother...
Old 03-08-2012, 12:54 PM
Tech Elite

I put them INSIDE the shocks on the front under the pistons.
I was just thinking of doing that to help with rear weight transfer. Do you run the same clip on style or do you have fully closed ones? How many do you run?
Old 03-08-2012, 02:03 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Mizchief
I was just thinking of doing that to help with rear weight transfer. Do you run the same clip on style or do you have fully closed ones? How many do you run?
2mm, I use some Viton "X"rings that are super stiff.

Jeff, those triples are really close to what we have here, those look like about 38' or so ours are 36' with a full speed run. watching those e buggies case is just like watching our track.
Old 03-08-2012, 03:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

heres what they said about the heating issue...

they said my motor is toast. they said anything over 210 degrees starts cooking the motor. at at 285 degrees its done. and thats probably why it started stalling at starts.

they said with that motor i need to be running the speedo at value #1.

they also said i need to use an 11T pinion.

luckily they said to send it to them and they'd fix for free since its only one day old. in the meantime i ordered a reedy 550 sonic 5.5T motor. hopefully with the 11T pinion gear and the new motor it will fix my problem and run cooler.

will let you know how this works after we run it this weekend...
Old 03-08-2012, 04:36 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

looking at your signature, is your son using a spektrum DX3S? if so, maybe use that temp sensor option to be safe.
Old 03-08-2012, 04:37 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mrplease
heres what they said about the heating issue...

they said my motor is toast. they said anything over 210 degrees starts cooking the motor. at at 285 degrees its done. and thats probably why it started stalling at starts.

they said with that motor i need to be running the speedo at value #1.

they also said i need to use an 11T pinion.

luckily they said to send it to them and they'd fix for free since its only one day old. in the meantime i ordered a reedy 550 sonic 5.5T motor. hopefully with the 11T pinion gear and the new motor it will fix my problem and run cooler.

will let you know how this works after we run it this weekend...
FWIW, you can run a larger pinion on the reedy because it has much better ventilation. i ran a 12 on my lrp 4.5 and was always at 210 after 10 minutes. My reedy at 10 minutes is 160 with a 14t pinion. (made 13 minutes with my stick pack before I started having this whole run time issue)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.