Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree5Likes

SC10 4x4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2011, 01:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Keeping an eye out for weaknesses on this thread and not seeing much!

One guy lost a spring cup last race... would be a good spare to have handy, but won't DNF you.

Also lost an axle pin on one last race when pitting someone's car. Those plastic hexes don't stay in place IMO. have some extra pins or glue those hexes or get some Tekno ones with set screw.

Have also heard about a few people cooking the clicker, but I know at least one was an assembly error. Worst case just lock it down and keep on racing. I will lube mine if that helps with wear, but may require tightening it more to compensate.

I have noticed the "A" airtronics servo horn is a sloppy fit compared to their 2wd kit one and others. This means there is no friction to hold it, just the screw, and is more likely to strip whether or not it comes loose. If you run those servos I'd have some extra horns on hand, and be on the lookout for a better servo horn.
Old 05-22-2011, 01:20 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CentralCoaster

I have noticed the "A" airtronics servo horn is a sloppy fit compared to their 2wd kit one and others. This means there is no friction to hold it, just the screw, and is more likely to strip whether or not it comes loose. If you run those servos I'd have some extra horns on hand, and be on the lookout for a better servo horn.
Can you use a "regular" alloy servo horn??? I think this might be the issue I'm having as the plastic might be stripping do to excessive torque...
Old 05-22-2011, 01:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HarleyGuy
Ran my SC10 4x4 yesterday for the first time... Had it set with the 19T clicker RX8 and the sc4x 550 5.5T with 5K in the front and rear diffs. The truck soaked up the whoops section great and jumped great, but I had a couple of issues that I was hoping someone here could help me with... First, the track was hard pack but very dusty so it was slick (I was running Super-soft Calibers) and in the turns the truck had a tendency to spinout... Tendency would kind of be an understatement, if I wasn't perfect it spun (is this a product of the clicker?)

Secondly, I aligned my servo (Savox SC-1256TG) during building, but as I was driving I noticed that my truck kept pulling to the right... I would adjust the trim and it would be good for a few minutes then start pulling again... In the end I had the trim set 100% to the right... Anyone had an issue like this??? If so what was the cause?

Thanks for the help,

Shane
My truck did the same. Going try to use heavier diff fluid up front. Also heavier sway bar too.
Did the servo horn strip? Did you use the correct one ( I believe savox use F )
Old 05-22-2011, 01:30 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FrancoisTX
Is there someone who,tried 19 T pulley at the front and 20T at the rear?

Just two posts above yours.

Have any of you that run on loose tracks try the 19T overdrive clicker yet? I tried it for about two laps before I broke the front right knuckle, but from what I could tell it really helped exiting the corners on power and full throttle down the straight without the rear sliding out….
Old 05-22-2011, 01:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

What Sway bars are guys using until AE have parts available?

Also looking for a Killer 4.5T setup, everything from ESC, Motor, to batteries. any help appreciated.
Old 05-22-2011, 01:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Can you use a "regular" alloy servo horn??? I think this might be the issue I'm having as the plastic might be stripping do to excessive torque...
Not sure honestly, the kit horn has a weird offset to it.. and I know everything in there is a tight fit. I eyeballed the 2wd horn and it's a little shorter throw but looks like it might actually work with ballstud in the other direction.
Old 05-22-2011, 01:57 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Thumbs up

finally ready to hit the track, I am very excited after reading all of the positive reviews here.

the stock AE body

the Pro Line Flo-Tek body
Old 05-22-2011, 02:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Hope this wasn't covered before, not going through 124 pages.

A racer showed up Sat (5/21) to get a few laps in on his SC10 4x4, about four laps in he got some track junk in on the spur, removed the cover, cleaned out the junk. Two laps into the 2nd run junk on the spur again.

Track is FZRC in Sarasota, FL which is a black sand dirt surface (it's a FL dirt thing) so this is maybe a FL only problem.

How the junk was getting in was from a motor mount adjustment slot. Looking from the motor side of the mount towards the front of the motor you can see the slot is open. It's easier to see when the gear cover is off.

Fix, from the spur side a bit of tape/silicone/shoe goo after you have set the gear mesh.

Old 05-22-2011, 02:29 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by spu83
My truck did the same. Going try to use heavier diff fluid up front. Also heavier sway bar too.
What sway bar are you running now?

I will be taking the front apart tonight (wow that's a pain... LOL) to check and see if the servo horn is stripped... I am sure I used the F horn, because I double checked it before I installed it. I just think that with high torque servos plastic simply won't hold up and it's likely that the horn is stripped... I am going to try an alloy horn and keep my fingers crossed that it doesn't hit anything (if it does I guess it's going to be Dremel time)
Old 05-22-2011, 02:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 143 (100%+)

have not started building yet want to get everything I need
my question is on battery size I do not have any lipos yet will be buying for the first time for the 4x4
what will fit looking for 5400-6000 what do you use
thanks
Old 05-22-2011, 02:50 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jammnjeff
have not started building yet want to get everything I need
my question is on battery size I do not have any lipos yet will be buying for the first time for the 4x4
what will fit looking for 5400-6000 what do you use
thanks
This would be good info to have in the first page post and in the 4x4 sticky thread. Not sure who would have all the battery info needed though as far what fits and what won't.

My Reedy packs fit as do my Checkpoint 5k/40C packs
Old 05-22-2011, 02:59 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by McKleroy
It is a problem when it hits flat on its nose and goes barrel rolling for ten yards. That is holding the throttle WFO the whole time in the air. Thinking about ditching the reciever box and esc tray to move the esc fuurther back.
I'm having the same problems. This is my first 4wd RC, been running an SC10 for a few months, so I don't know if I need to totally change the way I drive or what.

I've traction rolled and nose-dived more in 2 days than in 3 months in the 2wd. I made some changes to shock oil and ride-height, hoping that will help. Going to try some Double Dees instead of Gridirons also.

I hope we both get it figured out, this truck is awesome when I'm not screwing it up!
Old 05-22-2011, 03:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by spu83
Originally Posted by CentralCoaster
Not sure honestly, the kit horn has a weird offset to it.. and I know everything in there is a tight fit. I eyeballed the 2wd horn and it's a little shorter throw but looks like it might actually work with ballstud in the other direction.
I tried the Losi aluminum horn I had for chits and giggles, it works with the 965MG, alignment was perfect. But for the sake of the kit, I used what came with it. The first horn I installed felt like the right size, after a 30 second run the horn stripped, (user error on my part using the wrong one) got the right horn installed and it's taken my beatings fine.
Old 05-22-2011, 03:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

What sway bar are you running now?

I will be taking the front apart tonight (wow that's a pain... LOL) to check and see if the servo horn is stripped... I am sure I used the F horn, because I double checked it before I installed it. I just think that with high torque servos plastic simply won't hold up and it's likely that the horn is stripped... I am going to try an alloy horn and keep my fingers crossed that it doesn't hit anything (if it does I guess it's going to be Dremel time)
I am using 1.8mm steel wire up front and none in the back. Going to try 2mm or may be next size up.
Old 05-22-2011, 03:32 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by SaladFork
I tried the Losi aluminum horn I had for chits and giggles, it works with the 965MG, alignment was perfect. But for the sake of the kit, I used what came with it. The first horn I installed felt like the right size, after a 30 second run the horn stripped, (user error on my part using the wrong one) got the right horn installed and it's taken my beatings fine.
When you tried the Losi horn did you have to mount the ball stud on in reverse?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.