Like Tree5Likes

SC10 4x4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 04:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Evil Genius jr.
I ordered mine Monday and they haven't even shipped yet
Oh and the 1410 pretty much is an on off switch.
compared to the Tekin I would say yea, at first I thought the Tekin was a dog cause I wasn't used to that kind of power delivery. I got used the Castle but i think the Tekin will work better for me.
Old 02-23-2012, 04:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Has anyone tried the reflex racing saddle conversion yet? Impressions??

http://www.reflexracing.net/RSD-AE-S...it_p_1085.html
Old 02-23-2012, 04:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Received my Orange sways today...Thanks Chris!
Old 02-23-2012, 04:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

still didn't get mine.
Old 02-23-2012, 05:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JayL
Not a fan of long motor cans in this truck, unbalances it TOO much. I prefer 540 cans 2 pole or 4
I started with the CC 1410 540 can and now run the Tenshock SC411 4600kv motor. It balances my truck much better. Depends on your setup. I did add weight up front to get a 46% to 54% front to rear bias and found the added overall weight helped the handling.
Old 02-23-2012, 05:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I recently went over to Mantis's house to check my scte's weight and balance and found that it weight 2770g, and the weight bias was 49.54% in the front and 50.46% front while maintaining near perfect side to side weight distribution. I though tthe truck would be front end heavy based on how the design looks, but i was wrong like I usually am. His sc10 4x4 truck actually weighed more than my scte. I dont know if anyone has tried to get their sc10 4x4 weight this close to 50/50 as far as balance is concerned.
Old 02-23-2012, 05:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by symmetricon
I recently went over to Mantis's house to check my scte's weight and balance and found that it weight 2770g, and the weight bias was 49.54% in the front and 50.46% front while maintaining near perfect side to side weight distribution. I though tthe truck would be front end heavy based on how the design looks, but i was wrong like I usually am. His sc10 4x4 truck actually weighed more than my scte. I dont know if anyone has tried to get their sc10 4x4 weight this close to 50/50 as far as balance is concerned.
The Losi I weighted came in a 3226 grams.

780 grams each front tire
720 grams each rear tire
226 gram body

52% front, 48% rear.

The way the math breaks down, you'll have to find a way to add about 160 grams near the front axle to get the bias the same (50/50), and that causes lots of problems. That is roughly the equivlent weight of one of those shorty 2c lipos.

To me, the easiest way to improve things is to move the motor forward with a bigger spur. Or find a lighter motor. Or maybe both. Or maybe all three. Think you could make time with 8000MAH?
Old 02-23-2012, 05:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by symmetricon
I'm 2910g Rtr. Tried more weight up front for 48% to 52% bias but didn't like it. That was before the center diff. I think I may revisit it.
Old 02-23-2012, 06:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ricky165
Hey guys, there was some talk awhile back about putting shims under the sun gears in the diffs to tighten them up.

I never saw an exact size of those shims... Does anyone know what size they are?
thanks
I run Xray 5mmx15mmx0.3mm shims, 1 under each sun gear and they work great. Got about a dozen packs in now, and the shims aren't turning into cones like the stock ones did.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...r-5x15x03mm-10
Old 02-23-2012, 06:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by roylo
My RTR goes fine with the standard slipper.
"goes fine" and "can accellerate consistently like a 3 dif truck" are two entirely different things.

I ran all year last year with any combination of standard and HD pads, and it was the same thing. Even with washers under the spring to let it fully compress before bottoming out the nut, I'd have a hard time clearing the double we have after a sharp corner near the end of the race, and the pads would be at least partially glazed....I spent more time ripping apart my dif and resanding the pads between races than I did charging batteries.... Switched to Garodiscs and haven't had the fading or glazing problem since. (If the stock slipper was perfect, then they wouldn't have changed it for the FT truck...just saying.)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Works great for me that way....
Scott Brown won the Rumble using the heavy duty pads adjusted the same way......
Yup, that's fine....I know guys who can win races using 15C batteries, and others who can't win using 60C packs.... Just cuz someone wins races with a certain setup does not mean that it is the best setup....that same person running that same race using a better setup could have won by a larger margin.

Originally Posted by Farmer_John
OK, when was the last time you had your slipper apart. I thought the same thing until I did.

Then I ordered Garodiscs and only have to worry about keeping the nut tight...
Amen.
Old 02-23-2012, 07:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Great idea...

Originally Posted by Mizchief
I typically trim the throttle up until the truck starts to move on it's own then take it a couple of notches down so that the motor balances out the drivetrain drag. I do this mostly to keep the truck level over jumps instead of having to feather the throttle since I've gotten used to powering up to the jump then letting off at the base and coasting over.
Miz, I may try this next time out. I have two trucks and I kinda shy away from running both of them on the same practice day. Tends to throw off my timing since they both behave differently. Next time out I may just run the truck with the Castle in it exclusively. Thanks for the the good idea!

Sal
Old 02-23-2012, 08:02 PM
Tech Master

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by JEFFs SC10
Have you verified the esc settings, that doesn't sound right at all.
Yes I did...no drag brake and the throttle and brake curves are stock (linear). I have the brake set for 25%.....it just feels very notchy even when I just ROLL the truck on the ground by hand. Still like the power delivery though...lol. Thanks for the heads up Jeff.

Sal
Old 02-23-2012, 08:05 PM

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PastaBoyNY
Yes I did...no drag brake and the throttle and brake curves are stock (linear). I have the brake set for 25%.....it just feels very notchy even when I just ROLL the truck on the ground by hand. Still like the power delivery though...lol. Thanks for the heads up Jeff.

Sal
"notchy" is 4pole.
Old 02-23-2012, 08:10 PM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by BlueGlowBoy

Yup, that's fine....I know guys who can win races using 15C batteries, and others who can't win using 60C packs.... Just cuz someone wins races with a certain setup does not mean that it is the best setup....that same person running that same race using a better setup could have won by a larger margin.

Amen.

Winning races are the results of a good driver & a great ride ......

Common knowledge
If a set-up works , it works for anyone not just one person ....

fact:
Cody & Ryan has way more set-up experience than anyone that posts on this thread cept maybe Chris J. ...

So how can you even think using their knowledge & track savvy is "just fine" ?
Ahhh C-on ....

BTW
I'll say a prayer for you tonight for the R/c gods ....
Old 02-23-2012, 08:12 PM
Tech Master

Smile Yup!

Originally Posted by CoyoteSlash
"notchy" is 4pole.
Yes indeed. The Tekin isnt notchy at all....its like butter. Now I just need to learn how to drive again. Being out for a dozen years is HELL....lol. I looked at the lap times that the winner of a Trophy Race turned. My best and worst laps are two seconds off his best and worst. Guess I need to get to the track more often!

Sal

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.