Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree5Likes

SC10 4x4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 06:15 PM

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I dunno, Ship hopping bothers me. But either way.

I got to drive Cameron's Sc10!
What a dream compared to my pile. I'm going back to basics with this truck. I just wanted to say thank you to Cameron for chatting with me, and driving my rig for me. I'm glad I got some stuff sorted out and I will get on those suggestions.

I've got some video for you guys, it's being compressed now. Gimme a bit.
Old 02-19-2012, 06:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CoyoteSlash

What a dream compared to my pile. I'm going back to basics with this truck. I just wanted to say thank you to Cameron for chatting with me, and driving my rig for me. I'm glad I got some stuff sorted out and I will get on those suggestions.

I never said I would ditch my SC10 4x4. Don't misunderstand me, I absolutely love my truck. Just saying that if Mugen comes out with one I may have to add it to the line up. Jumping ship is when your favorite sports team has a couple of bad years and all of the sudden the hot team is now your favorite. I'm just talking about maybe buying a new toy truck to add to the collection.
Old 02-19-2012, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by lawnmowerjockey
I never said I would ditch my SC10 4x4. Don't misunderstand me, I absolutely love my truck. Just saying that if Mugen comes out with one I may have to add it to the line up. Jumping ship is when your favorite sports team has a couple of bad years and all of the sudden the hot team is now your favorite. I'm just talking about maybe buying a new toy truck to add to the collection.
wasn't aimed at you, (that's why I didn't quote you) There's 'alot' of jumping and talking of jumping right now.
Old 02-19-2012, 06:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)

The sc10 4x4 will stay with me unless I get tired of this hobby (doubt it will happen anytime soon) or I become broke for some reason and can no longer afford the hobby ;-)

I've put way to much time and money into it to let it go. I've built 4 sc10 4x4's (3 of them were for family/friends) so I've become very familiar with it. I've owned other rc's such as Traxxas, Losi, HPI, but for some reason I've always stuck with AE.........

Will be getting my new akbar and center diff in this week so can't wait to see how they perform.
Old 02-19-2012, 07:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mizchief
Here is what a successful long jump might look like:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=S6_gUS8ByXA
I think it's funny that they blocked out Tanner Faust's face in that video, but still showed Paul Tracy without the mosaic.....gues they figured no one would recognize an ugly canadian...
Old 02-19-2012, 08:15 PM
Tech Master

Ok guys Motorama is finally over! It was a long weekend. The track was really loose and loomy while also being super super rutted up from the 8 scales. So the first practice, I went out and found out that I forgot to put one of the bearings in the rear tranny so my rear top shaft was wiggling and I ended up stripping a spur. So that ended my run with less than 1 lap. Once I fiquired out the promblem it took me hours to find another spur. Not one hobby shop had one, thank god a fellow racer had a spare or I would have been done for the whole weekend. So for the secound practice, it didnt really go any better. The track was 3 times worse and rutted then before my first practice run. I had no rear traction and the rear end constantly washed out, I also had to really "feather" the throttle to get around the track, while the losi's where full throttle everywhere even through the rough stuff. I switched to blue rear springs and to the 3-3 block and I gained my traction back. But by that time it was after 10:00 PM and I wasnt staying till 12:00 PM to get another practice run in. By the end of qualifying on Saturday I was about 30th out of 165 drivers. But I still couldnt "push" my truck hard enough like the losi's where to get into the bump up spot I needed to get into the next main today. There was two table tops about 5 feet apart. The losi's could hit the first table and clear the whole thing landing on the downside of the 2nd table. So the next lap I tryed it and was pretty unsuccessful, I was loosing time in that section but could not clear it for the life of me. I guess on big, rutted 8 scale tracks the losi does have an advantage on the AE. My truck was bouncing around through the rutted rough parts of the track when I tryed to push it even though I added 3 ounces of lead weight. The rear end still wanted to come around as well. I guess the center diff will help.

As well as getting punted into pipes because the losi would come and plow me out of the way.

Just wanted to share my experience! Wasnt to bad of a day but not as I expected it to be.
Old 02-19-2012, 08:25 PM
Tech Master

Here is a quick video of the two table top jumps I was talking about. Sorry couldnt find a 4x4 SC in a video clearing it. At about 12 secounds you can see a truggy clearing the two tables...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RakPH...ayer_embedded#!
Old 02-19-2012, 08:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default HobbyWing 150a & Novak Hv 5.5

Anyone running this combo HobbyWing 150a & Novak Hv 5.5? Im fixing to put it in my As Sc10. Just looking for any feedback
Old 02-19-2012, 08:38 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rcmiket
Sym, why the sale? Are you going to the Losi ? My bud Neil is at Motorama running 4x4 SCT with the AE. He texted me and said that he is buying the Losi . He is usually an A main guy, at worst a B main at big races. He is in the J !! Big track, blown out, big jumps. He went with the race director as his assistant, so a free race weekend. Says it kinda sucks to run this style of track with the AE. He is middle B for Stock SC. Runs the SC10 2wd.
YES I thought I was the only one. I might have to buy the losi and run the AE on tight 10 scale tracks (definatly not selling my AE) and the losi on 8 scale. At my local track I am usally in the top 3 in the A every week until Motorama came along. I was in the E main. One spot away from the bump

But atleast I did better with my 2wd SC, I placed 5th in the A.
Old 02-19-2012, 08:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Next time we can make some changes to your truck to make it better. Always willing to help fellow AE drivers.

They are starting the track change next Sunday so I don't think I will bother with running again until the track is done. Joe Pillars is designing this one so it should be good.
Old 02-19-2012, 09:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default It's all about sharing...

Originally Posted by Cameron Kellogg
Next time we can make some changes to your truck to make it better. Always willing to help fellow AE drivers.

They are starting the track change next Sunday so I don't think I will bother with running again until the track is done. Joe Pillars is designing this one so it should be good.

There is no greater feeling than the give and take between racers. I am quick to hand my radio to complete strangers... Promotes the hobby. When having a hard time tuning it's always great when you have someone else to weigh in on thinngs and advise. Nice to see you and Shaun helping one another Cameron!

Sal
Old 02-19-2012, 09:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Motors a

Better luck next year Chad! Hope you at least had fun. Really sucks when there are mechanical issues that kill a raceday! I see a couple of the guys from Island Raceway and Hobby here on Long Island did pretty well! Good job guys! Going to have to keep an eye on them when I hit the track. Always a good idea to watch the "good" guys get around a track.

Sal
Old 02-19-2012, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by PastaBoyNY
There is no greater feeling than the give and take between racers. I am quick to hand my radio to complete strangers... Promotes the hobby. When having a hard time tuning it's always great when you have someone else to weigh in on thinngs and advise. Nice to see you and Shaun helping one another Cameron!

Sal
You got that wrong, Sal. I didn't do shit.

At my home track, I give my Radio to any kid showing interest. My Slash was like the village RC. (see what I did there? )

I love BS'ing. At work, i'm the 'smart' one, at Meldrum, I'm usually the knowledgeable guy. At PRCR, Hell i'm nothin' there. Kinda a relaxing feeling not having people's expectations!

I'm tearing my truck down with full Bearing rebuild and the shock/slipper settings we discussed as I type... I'll be out there Sunday only because I need to see the difference before he changes the track and my "comparison" is void.
Old 02-19-2012, 09:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)

You got that wrong, Sal. I didn't do shit.

At my home track, I give my Radio to any kid showing interest. My Slash was like the village RC. (see what I did there? )

I love BS'ing. At work, i'm the 'smart' one, at Meldrum, I'm usually the knowledgeable guy. At PRCR, Hell i'm nothin' there. Kinda a relaxing feeling not having people's expectations!

I'm tearing my truck down with full Bearing rebuild and the shock/slipper settings we discussed as I type... I'll be out there Sunday only because I need to see the difference before he changes the track and my "comparison" is void.
Wheres the video's???????????
Old 02-19-2012, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by ilanstylz
Wheres the video's???????????
uploading! takes an hour and a half to get on Youtube. It's 720p baby! (it's like 5 minutes, nothing "epic" or anything.)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.