Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree5Likes

SC10 4x4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 09:09 PM

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Arakon
I'm kinda confused about the runtimes I read here.. My track is closed for winter and won't open until march or april, so I have no chance to run my sc10 4x4 yet. However, my slash 4x4 (and 2WD for that matter) on that track (small-medium sized, astroturf), using stock VXL setup, easily ran 20-25 mins on a 5000 mAh LiPo. Do the 550 sized motors eat up that much more power or why the large difference?
I get 15m with Stick 5000's with the Pro4/MMP.

That VXL doesn't eat power like alot of these other systems. 2wd is obvious enough running at 20minutes. The 4x4, If you're racing, I don't believe the 25minutes.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Got my package from Marcus....deff center and stage 2. Thanks waiting for ackbar now.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:16 PM

So another trip to PRCR today:

I drove hard and fast for 3 hours. I still enjoy it, but the Losi's are destroying me. I make one little mistake and they're gone. I can maintain a lead with perfect precision driving, then the anxiety builds like a Cheetah and a f'kn Gazelle and I lose it. When I loosen up, I can pace the Buggies for a 3/4 lap before I screw up and lose it.

The fella who drives a Losi let me take his truck around the track and wow. I hate Losi even more now. The thing is nearly a 'dream' to drive, and SO forgiving. He then took my truck around the track and said "you have no on power steering, when I let go, the truck is amazing, it's tuned great" etc etc. He ripped out some good laps too. He did admit it sure was unforgiving to drive but he drove it better than I have. Now I know my setup "is" a good setup, and the Truck just exceeds my Skill as a driver.

All Aside, Now it's just time and money instead of constantly wrenching on it like I have.

(It's amazing how my Skill outdoors ~being one of/the fastest guy out there, does me NO good indoors. )
Old 02-16-2012, 09:29 PM
Tech Addict

See coyote, u should have taken wild cherrys advice !! Didnt he tell u to eat cheese and practice more or something retarded like that lol
Old 02-16-2012, 09:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CoyoteSlash

I drove hard and fast for 3 hours. I still enjoy it, but the Losi's are destroying me. I make one little mistake and they're gone. I can maintain a lead with perfect precision driving, then the anxiety builds like a Cheetah and a f'kn Gazelle and I lose it. When I loosen up, I can pace the Buggies for a 3/4 lap before I screw up and lose it.

The fella who drives a Losi let me take his truck around the track and wow. I hate Losi even more now. The thing is nearly a 'dream' to drive, and SO forgiving. He then took my truck around the track and said "you have no on power steering, when I let go, the truck is amazing, it's tuned great" etc etc. He ripped out some good laps too. He did admit it sure was unforgiving to drive but he drove it better than I have. Now I know my setup "is" a good setup, and the Truck just exceeds my Skill as a driver.

All Aside, Now it's just time and money instead of constantly wrenching on it like I have.

(It's amazing how my Skill outdoors ~being one of/the fastest guy out there, does me NO good indoors. )

What is your front diff fluid?
Old 02-16-2012, 09:52 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rickybobbyxxx
See coyote, u should have taken wild cherrys advice !! Didnt he tell u to eat cheese and practice more or something retarded like that lol
Or do like I did and buy a Losi and eat some cheez doodles . The Losi is just so much easier to drive fast .
Old 02-16-2012, 09:57 PM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by rickybobbyxxx

Can't possible be the driver , so it has to be the Losi that's beating um .......
Old 02-16-2012, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by Cameron Kellogg
What is your front diff fluid?
10k, Cameron.

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Can't possible be the driver , so it has to be the Losi that's beating um .......
I only stated 3 times how I needed to skill up, and the guy outdrove me on my own truck. As far as this stupid cheese bullshit, I started getting involved in reference to that massive double debacle a while back. It has nothing to do with this, so don't even start.

Lemme try again:
- Truck is Dialed
- I need to be a better driver
- Losi was crazy easy for me to drive faster and harder than my Sc10
- Losi driver drove my truck as fast, if not faster than his Losi
- I'm going to stop wrenching and just Practice.

Easier for you?

Am I an asshole? Fight Fire with Fire.

Last edited by CoyoteSlash; 02-16-2012 at 11:28 PM.
Old 02-16-2012, 11:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

The Losi is very easy to drive indeed. It falls apart though, it's made out of wet paper bags or something.

On a track like PRCR, the SC10 should be just as fast if not faster, that's the kind of place that favors the SC10.

You got it though, there's no substitute for stick time.
Old 02-16-2012, 11:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

RODGERS!

DISCOUNT DOUBLE CHECK!

Okay, I know my truck handles a butt load better with the 6.5 540 motor in it. And I knew I was a little down on power from the guys running 550's. But this, this I didn't expect.

http://www.teamnovak.com/products/br...spec_chart.htm

P/N Design Size1 Turns Watts3 Kv4 (RPM/volt)
3504 Sensored 550 4.5 890 5,000 10.1oz
3406 Sensored 540 6.5 390 6,400 6.61oz

Most of the guys at the track are running pro 4s or big 550's and I'm not getting left, except I'm not able to jump the enormous triple. What the heck?

I ordered a 540 5.5 Ballistic motor, but I wonder if it'll be any help...
Old 02-16-2012, 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by heavyjeffd
The Losi is very easy to drive indeed. It falls apart though, it's made out of wet paper bags or something.

On a track like PRCR, the SC10 should be just as fast if not faster, that's the kind of place that favors the SC10.

You got it though, there's no substitute for stick time.
What been running through my mind is how I can hit outdoor, tune, Feel the response, tune, and can be so fast. Outdoor is so much more forgiving. Even with that tiny mistake where I take the corner 3 inches too wide or tight, I correct and lose 0.2 seconds instead of "BAM" and by the time I get back the guy is 2.0 seconds ahead. It's nerve wracking to know if I screw up, i'm done in this indoor class. I'm sure Cameron can agree somewhat.

Outdoor, I can tune my sc10 to easily handle those Losi's. And if I could'nt, Tweak a bit.
Indoor, my Truck is dialed, I just need to be better.

Different feeling for sure. (btw, This is why I don't drive buggies /shudder) Guess that doesn't make me a Racer at all.
Old 02-16-2012, 11:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

10k, Cameron.
Go to 7k front and back. Everything at PRCR is down side and turn. We are entering almost every corner with the front suspension collapsed. Also the 1.5 bar in the front helps. Also try 1-2mm of washers under the rear ball stud. The lighter dif fluid will help a lot with the steering.
Old 02-16-2012, 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by Cameron Kellogg
Go to 7k front and back. Everything at PRCR is down side and turn. We are entering almost every corner with the front suspension collapsed. Also the 1.5 bar in the front helps. Also try 1-2mm of washers under the rear ball stud. The lighter dif fluid will help a lot with the steering.
Thanks alot Cameron.
Old 02-16-2012, 11:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

The smoother the track and the more grip there is, the more small mistakes cost you.
Old 02-17-2012, 12:29 AM
Tech Regular

Now I know my setup "is" a good setup, and the Truck just exceeds my Skill as a driver.

I'm at the same point, truck is great, turns great, powers great, when I drive it right i'm as fast as anybody and faster than most, most days I run about second or maybe third, we have the national SC champ here and he laps most of the field most races, with his Losi, I ran side by side with him for about five laps last meeting before I made an error, we were swapping the lead all the time, was great for my confidence to know I can run at that speed, just need more practice now, not making any more changes to the truck, just going to drive it cleaner.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.