Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree5Likes

SC10 4x4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 06:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

what makes the center diff adjustable now? and what are you adjusting?

Is mine gonna be adjustable?
Old 02-12-2012, 06:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
I agree, i like the 3-3 block ALOT right now. only thing i dont like is that it does stiffen the rear up a bit and on rough tracks its a bit of a handfull.

On that note, my adjustable center dif is a go! the acceleration is astounding! I now have one part of the big jump problem solved as I over jumped the triples and quads by a LONGSHOT, same with the quads but i couldnt land them because the nose wouldnt come down
I will have the idler gear proto done in time for testing this weekend.
How much testing on center dif deux til it's ready?
Old 02-12-2012, 07:05 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by JEFFs SC10
what makes the center diff adjustable now? and what are you adjusting?

Is mine gonna be adjustable?
What the adjustment will do is allow you to control how much power goes to each end, which will give you tuning to the front and rear difs. More traction held on both ends=better acceleration.

How he's going to do it? I guess we'll see!
Old 02-12-2012, 07:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Hey guys. Had my very first club race last night in the beginners 4wd SC class. 2 qualifiers and I was able to make into the A-main in 4th position. In the main there was carnage into the fist turn and I was able to get around and take the lead. That was short live and after several crashes I was dropped to 2nd then 3rd position and finished the race in 4th. The 3 podium finishers were all sLosi. Oh well not bad for a first race. I will say that my truck running the Exotech chassis, saddle packs, RCShox ACKbar and center diff was running top notch and easily kept pace with the sLosi. If it wasn't for me pushing too hard and making mistakes I think I could have at least gotten back to 3rd. My RCTECH version original FT SC10 4x4 is gonna be kickin' a$$!
Old 02-12-2012, 07:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Farmer_John
What the adjustment will do is allow you to control how much power goes to each end, which will give you tuning to the front and rear difs. More traction held on both ends=better acceleration.

How he's going to do it? I guess we'll see!
iIhave seen Marcus' new center diff design, and it is pretty brilliant. I dont know how in the heck he thought of it, but it is a never before seen design.
Old 02-12-2012, 07:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Arakon
I just saw that the manual recommends that when the belt tension is right, if you push in the middle of the belt, it should at most give by 3mm. Mine gives easily to the center divider. I tightened the front tensioner from the recommended 1 position to 3, and it made little difference. Is that normal and the manual is wrong, or is my belt too long?
Originally Posted by Arakon
Can anyone give me a hint here? I'd rather not tear the belt on the first run.
Arakon,

Just to make sure, you said you went from 1 to 3 and it made little difference ... was that for both front and rear pulleys? Are you running the 20 or 19 tooth pulley? Did it get tighter or looser at all? The 1 position is the lowest in relation to pulley center-line and should make the belt the tightest. I personally would not run it there. I have mine running in the 4 position front and rear and have had no issues with it skipping nor flipping since I installed my chassis brace. Prior to the chassis brace it would skip under high speed braking which, considering the amount of flex, is what should be expected. I have never had a belt flip but that is something a few others have run into on this thread.

As for the 3mm of flex, that is completely subjective IMO. Who is to say that you and I push with the same amount of force. With my pulleys set at 4's I am able to touch the belt to the center divider with what I consider to be minimal force which in my experience that is not a bad thing at all.

Last edited by AzFittin; 02-12-2012 at 11:14 PM. Reason: 2nd quote
Old 02-12-2012, 07:47 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by AzFittin
Arakon,

Just to make sure, you said you went from 1 to 3 and it made little difference ... was that for both front and rear pulleys? Are you running the 20 or 19 tooth pulley? Did it get tighter or looser at all? The 1 position is the lowest in relation to pulley center-line and should make the belt the tightest. I personally would not run it there. I have mine running in the 4 position front and rear and have had no issues with it skipping nor flipping since I installed my chassis brace. Prior to the chassis brace it would skip under high speed braking which, considering the amount of flex, is what should be expected. I have never had a belt flip but that is something a few others have run into on this thread.

As for the 3mm of flex, that is completely subjective IMO. Who is to say that you and I push with the same amount of force. With my pulleys set at 4's I am able to touch the belt to the center divider with what I consider to be minimal force which in my experience that is not a bad thing at all.
pull the pinion, place the truck on the floor and give it a push. If it seems to not roll freely, you have something too tight somewhere. If it rolls freely (like 6+ feet...) you're good.

Too many variables just fussing with the belt.
Old 02-12-2012, 07:49 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by symmetricon
iIhave seen Marcus' new center diff design, and it is pretty brilliant. I dont know how in the heck he thought of it, but it is a never before seen design.
Now I want one. I feel it's the missing link, the one thing that we've had no control over.
Old 02-12-2012, 08:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Now I want one. I feel it's the missing link, the one thing that we've had no control over.
+1
Old 02-12-2012, 08:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Yeah, I've wanted one for a while, just keep running into more important things to do with my money (like a whipple 2.9 for my '03 Cobra)
Old 02-12-2012, 08:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Where is this center diff for sale at?
Old 02-12-2012, 08:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bre1979
Where is this center diff for sale at?
rcshox.com
Old 02-12-2012, 09:31 PM
Tech Legend

Default Denver's Rumble in the Rocky's

I did the math , but still not for sure ...

I believe Scott won the Sc4x4 class though, O man !

Any body else have a clue ?
Old 02-12-2012, 09:48 PM
Tech Initiate

Was at the local track Friday night and Fast Lap Products was testing a new front slipper hub. Looks interesting.I talked to Billy and he has been testing this for about 6-10 weeks . Final version is done.
Attached Thumbnails SC10 4x4 Thread-front_slipper_basket.jpg  
Old 02-12-2012, 09:52 PM
Tech Legend

Individual ft & back slippers ?

Now that is brilliant.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.