Search
Like Tree5Likes

SC10 4x4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 04:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by heavyjeffd
Out of curiosity, has anyone tried driving the truck without the body to see how it acts? Sounds silly I know, but it would answer a lot of questions.
it drives completely different, jumps straight, turns quicker. i would put a wing on it and 1/8 body if it would fit.
Old 02-08-2012, 04:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Out of curiosity, has anyone tried driving the truck without the body to see how it acts? Sounds silly I know, but it would answer a lot of questions.
I have a few times and wow, it's a major difference. You can pitch the truck around anyway you want it.
Old 02-08-2012, 04:57 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by buckeyeboy30
What is the best way to get steering out of this truck?
I found going to a heavier front sway bar worked well were I race.
Old 02-08-2012, 05:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by buckeyeboy30
What is the best way to get steering out of this truck?

The Ackbar helps alot, along with yellow springs and sway bar and 30k front dif fluid.
Old 02-08-2012, 05:11 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain
Have you contacted Associated directly? What did Rick say when you explained to him what you were looking to do?

the JR servo you mentioned is what I am running (or will be running I should say, its sitting on the bench) and its extremely fast in my T4. You should love it in the SC104x4. You will need a servo extension though.

Since this is a memorial car, have you thought of having someone make decals for it in honor of the fallen soldier? The guy who does the USVTA stuff does an excellent job, if you provide him the images he can pretty much create anything you want.
do you have the guys name for the decals? i emailed Rick he passed my request to TE and i emailed them directly but have not received a response
scott
Old 02-08-2012, 05:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
The Ackbar helps alot, along with yellow springs and sway bar and 30k front dif fluid.
Did you make it to the track yesterday? How did your flying lessons go?
Old 02-08-2012, 05:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by Cameron Kellogg
Did you make it to the track yesterday? How did your flying lessons go?

I went but only to work on my DEX210, i have to machine posts and a new motor plate to get the idler gear to fit, these Centerdifs are working me to death!! On a good note i have i REALLY good idea on adjusting the dif action with the center dif, I hope it works, will know this weekend!
Old 02-08-2012, 05:54 PM

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

It sure is fun reading people talk about you like they know you...

~And For everyone's information... My claim of 1% (I don't even know why I have to explain anything for 1%) is due to people buying my brace and seeing the performance and durability gain, thus AE seeing it not only for the Team Drivers... Thus the FT kit having it Standard... equating into my being apart of that revelation by a whopping 1%. Nothing else. Mind you, I also brought Mac and Marcus into it too, But you read as you want.

Oh and Marquee, Even when I harass newbies about reading the thread, I make very indepth lists for people with easily searchable topic headings for FT parts, Suggested Toolbox parts, and Suggested Mandatory Upgrades... Please be more gentle with me.

------------
Mantis, Good luck this weekend with that mod. Take some pics for us, I wanna be a shoulder on-looker. =P

I broke my Rear Body post this weekend, AND my first front bumper... (was trying to hit bumps into a double. and beat the shit out of it, and it took it with a grin minus those scars)

Replaced the Bumper, and used some traxxas body washers to hold the body post on the nuts until the part comes in.

I love my Truck.
Old 02-08-2012, 06:07 PM
Tech Master

I have never driven this truck without a body but I did with a 2wd SC and it handled and flew alot better through the air.
Old 02-08-2012, 06:44 PM

I plan on driving around the Track a couple times with the underbody I chopped in half for the Chassis brace to see how I fair, It only makes sense the Truck handles like a buggy without that parachute pinned to it.

I chopped holes out of my stocker and it honestly didn't feel like a difference.
Old 02-08-2012, 06:48 PM
Tech Elite

Default crazy thought...

I was just thinking, what about trying a front slipper mod? So that your rear slips based on direct input from the transmission.

One way to do it would be do the basic pin mod on the rear, then add another slipper plate set to the front shaft so the front pulley is on the slip side of the plate, and the other plate is keyed to the front shaft.

If you use really heavy sipper plates that could give you some more rotational mass at each end.
Old 02-08-2012, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by Mizchief
I was just thinking, what about trying a front slipper mod? So that your rear slips based on direct input from the transmission.

One way to do it would be do the basic pin mod on the rear, then add another slipper plate to the front shaft so the front pulley is on the slip side of the plate, and the other plate is keyed to the front shaft.

If you use really heavy sipper plates that could give you some more rotational mass at each end.
You're Crazy. Get out of here!

Old 02-08-2012, 06:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Drain Bamged SR
i have to have the Truck ready for PNB V in a few weeks
PNB will kill a cheap servo, the track is rough and the jumps are huge. Youll have the best time of your rc life though.

If I get my truck back soon I may go as well.
Old 02-08-2012, 07:03 PM

Cameron, I have those bearings sitting at the shop if you wanted to pick some up. I'm working on the mod tomorrow.
Old 02-08-2012, 07:03 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by j_blaze14
it drives completely different, jumps straight, turns quicker. i would put a wing on it and 1/8 body if it would fit.
Yea I like to run mine with just the under body sometimes. Probably won't be too hard to mount a wing to the rear tower.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.