SC10 4x4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 04:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CoyoteSlash

Seriously...?

You really are... Forget you.
Hey, he's not wrong, neither am I and neither is anyone who has rendered an opinion on this regard.

No matter what setup you're running, you gotta be able to drive it. If you can't drive it, it's not the right setup and you need a base with which to adjust from.

Therefor

Running the Ryans setup gives a good base used by guys that you have to admit are winners. Turn laps, not wrenches until you figure out where your setup is lacking. then consult reference manuals to determine the checks and balances that setup changes affect. Make 1 change, go turn laps until you can determine how it changed the truck. Make adjustments, go drive laps...etc, etc...

Turn laps, not wrenches...I think there's a siggie there...

Quit being a closed minded putz.
Old 02-08-2012, 04:49 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Any good saddle packs out there that won't break the bank. Have not had the need for any in a long while but I think I'm gonna need a few now.
Old 02-08-2012, 05:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcmiket
Chad, you may have to go to 1.3 pistons for rough stuff. I actually ran my 1.1s drilled to 1.4 for choppy surfaces. Now I run Mantisworx 2 stage pistons. This is a very worthy upgrade.

Marcus, when I had the center diff in my truck, I noticed that the front and rear would not stop together. I shimmed the hub out, and tightened my spring tight enough to bend the topshaft. I had to give up on the diff for now. I was not getting the drive on the small high traction indoor tracks we run on here in the frigid midwest. Maybe I need even more shims??
Sounds like you needed another shim.

Originally Posted by heavyjeffd
Those of you with Exotek chassis', are you adding more weight still? If so where and how much?

Thanks.
Not "I" said the fly.

Originally Posted by MooseDrool
Saw steven hartson run the new truck at the JConcepts Winter Indoor Nationals at SmacTrac this weekend. It looked really good. The chassis brace is huge! Steven took 2nd to Josh Wheeler, a local Xray driver running the new Xray SC truck prototype. I was 5th overall, and managed to pull a 3rd place finish in A3 only 10 seconds back from wheeler and hartson. My non FT truck with my own mods seemed to stand up well to the new truck
Nice job!
Old 02-08-2012, 05:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I was just checking out this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkYpTkCTNk0

Looks like Maifield and Cav have their SC10's flying pretty clean over that triple. Granted it's no 30' jump, but it's a pretty good sized jump. I wonder if they're doing anything special setup wise or with weights to keep it that level.
our last layout at mikes had a tripple that size, and I had no problem skying it.
Old 02-08-2012, 06:54 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Those of you with Exotek chassis', are you adding more weight still? If so where and how much?

Thanks.
Nope, no added weight.

My total fanboi review
http://www.rcshortcourse.com/forum/t...ng-inside.html
Old 02-08-2012, 07:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by rcmiket
Chad, you may have to go to 1.3 pistons for rough stuff. I actually ran my 1.1s drilled to 1.4 for choppy surfaces. Now I run Mantisworx 2 stage pistons. This is a very worthy upgrade.

Marcus, when I had the center diff in my truck, I noticed that the front and rear would not stop together. I shimmed the hub out, and tightened my spring tight enough to bend the topshaft. I had to give up on the diff for now. I was not getting the drive on the small high traction indoor tracks we run on here in the frigid midwest. Maybe I need even more shims??

Check for binding, it is a pressure sensitive unit, if you have drag on on end it is naturally going to send power to the other. As we speak i am working on a system that will allow you to adjust your dif action! Although i have no acceleration issues on my personal truck, I can see it happening the same as running 3k oil in a center dif on an ebuggy. It will be cured soon enough, hang on to your dif.
Old 02-08-2012, 07:07 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Jeff, here is where i am at right now with weight placement and i like it ALOT!

Old 02-08-2012, 08:21 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Different servo

I am building a memorial truck to honor a fallen brother but i am not getting any help from any where i have a Stock Traxxas Slash Servo will this be enough for this truck till i can afford in a month. it is the Traxxas 2075 with 125 oz with .16 sec transit time. also i was looking at the jr 9001s will this be overkill or what do you recommend in time i get.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/160031240776445/
Old 02-08-2012, 08:32 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Drain Bamged SR
I am building a memorial truck to honor a fallen brother but i am not getting any help from any where i have a Stock Traxxas Slash Servo will this be enough for this truck till i can afford in a month. it is the Traxxas 2075 with 125 oz with .16 sec transit time. also i was looking at the jr 9001s will this be overkill or what do you recommend in time i get.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/160031240776445/
What do you plan on doing with the truck? You could put the traxxas servo in there it would work for the time being. But if you aren't in a hurry to get the truck done waiting till you can buy a better servo might be a better option. Just because you will have to dissasemble the whole front end of the truck to replace the servo.
Old 02-08-2012, 08:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Saw steven hartson run the new truck at the JConcepts Winter Indoor Nationals at SmacTrac this weekend. It looked really good. The chassis brace is huge! Steven took 2nd to Josh Wheeler, a local Xray driver running the new Xray SC truck prototype. I was 5th overall, and managed to pull a 3rd place finish in A3 only 10 seconds back from wheeler and hartson. My non FT truck with my own mods seemed to stand up well to the new truck
Great job. Of course your home grown FT truck would do well as seeing from the new FT manual all the new factory parts are just copied variations of what was created here on rctech. Except the FT parts are made of plastic.
Old 02-08-2012, 08:46 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Chad Smith
What do you plan on doing with the truck? You could put the traxxas servo in there it would work for the time being. But if you aren't in a hurry to get the truck done waiting till you can buy a better servo might be a better option. Just because you will have to dissasemble the whole front end of the truck to replace the servo.
i have to have the Truck ready for PNB V in a few weeks
Old 02-08-2012, 09:13 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Drain Bamged SR
i have to have the Truck ready for PNB V in a few weeks
O ok. Yea the traxxas servo would work for the time being. Just take it easy on the servo since it has plastic gears.
Old 02-08-2012, 09:16 AM
Tech Legend

Coyote ,

When ever I see a driver swearing "its the car" & not the driver ?

I always tell um , more cheese ....( seriously)

Cus I can usually drive that swearing racers car and show how to clear or get that fast lap right in ft of them.

Then that driver finally understands his ride was not the problem...
Old 02-08-2012, 09:18 AM
Tech Regular

Drain, if you use the traxxas servo make sure to loosen the servo saver a bunch..There are a bunch of cheapo type servos that perform exceptionally well, if your on a tight budget..Some snobishly dismiss them just b/c there made and designed overseas, but you cant dissmiss there value. Plenty run them with sucess and you can buy them for $12-$25 bucks roughly on websites like; Hobbypartz.com or Hobbyking.com..
Ps. Sorry for your loss

Last edited by MarqueeRc; 02-08-2012 at 09:37 AM.
Old 02-08-2012, 09:25 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

It's on thebigrc

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.