Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree5Likes

SC10 4x4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2012, 08:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Marcus, I have had some problems with bigger jumps as well. I also noticed that when I land some jumps backside and nose her down, sometimes the nose digs in and "stalls" the truck ever so slightly. If I go in hot and dig in a little, it gets ugly fast. I wonder if the front bumper shape has anything to do with the poor jumping? I know that the problem seems to be with attitude adjustment, but what if it has more to do with the takeoff in reality? Maybe the bumper is touching the track surface on those high speed takeoffs? That would surely screw up the jump. The best way to correct attitude in the air is to not have to at all! Just trying to brainstorm on the jumping issue. Not that I have the best equipment for brainstorming!
Old 02-05-2012, 09:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by rcmiket
Marcus, I have had some problems with bigger jumps as well. I also noticed that when I land some jumps backside and nose her down, sometimes the nose digs in and "stalls" the truck ever so slightly. If I go in hot and dig in a little, it gets ugly fast. I wonder if the front bumper shape has anything to do with the poor jumping? I know that the problem seems to be with attitude adjustment, but what if it has more to do with the takeoff in reality? Maybe the bumper is touching the track surface on those high speed takeoffs? That would surely screw up the jump. The best way to correct attitude in the air is to not have to at all! Just trying to brainstorm on the jumping issue. Not that I have the best equipment for brainstorming!
I tried all of that thinking that would be the issue i went as high as 27mm ride height to as low as 22. didnt matter, once its in the air you are the mercy of the wind no matter how you take off. the few times i actually made it it still landed on the rear just didnt flip. I could never get it to land flat. on a jump that big you need to be able to adjust your landing, the face was not the same from one end to another so it also depends on what side you hit. the e buggies and SCte's could adjust in the air and bring the nose down so they basically would pin it until airborne and then tap the brakes to bring the front back down and this is how you need to be able to make a jump that big. The only way i could get the truck level was to release the trigger at the bottom of the face but although it was flat i would fall short and case the landing. Same with the quads.

Craig. yellow/blues

Keyrigger, i dont have this issue on small jumps , its only the large high speed ones. were you able to see the vid posted of the track?
Old 02-05-2012, 09:32 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blakelenk521
hey guys I just got first in tonights main but had a problem with my tensioner pullley. The side wall broke off. Would you guys recommend running the aftermarket metal ones? And also the belt is riding on the right side of the front clicker unit. Is that normal? Im thinking it shold be in the middle but might be wrong.

Are you running a chassis brace and is your tensioner pulley on the correct way ie the bearing capturing the pulley?
Old 02-05-2012, 09:34 PM

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Dayum! That's a triple!

I wouldn't take that off sheer terror of killing someone.

Edit: Btw, I've read everything and although I have to agree on some personal effect, that you get a little defensive 'way' too fast, Marcus, You are far too brilliant to have a simple setup sheet change cause the difference on that size of a triple. You are absolutely right and WC is as usual, Absolutely wrong.

Edit2: also, I wish you luck in your fix, though I will never make use of what you come up with only because I don't fly with the Birds with my RC's.

Last edited by CoyoteSlash; 02-05-2012 at 11:18 PM.
Old 02-05-2012, 09:39 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Keyrigger
Mantis:

I was running the stock ESC and motor for the better part of a month and a half. Last weekend, I changed my setup for an LRP TC spec SXX ESC (V2 software) and a Tekin 4000 4P motor (14T pinion). The first thing that I noticed (I did some changes to the throttle agression settings and to the motor timing as well) was the dramatic increase in braking. On a very small table-top jump, I can pull the nose right under and if I hit the throttle, the nose comes up nicely (once I learn to control this and drive it, I might do ok against the Durango's that show up). Maybe a change in ESC may yield some needed flight control?

Don
FYI....14T pinion is too small with that motor.
Have you noticed that it will take off hard but then sign off early?
Gear it up and it will fly.
With the stock 62 spur, try a 16 pinion and some mild timing in the ESC. Keep an eye on temps.
I run a 60/15 with agressive timing.
Old 02-05-2012, 09:44 PM

I added an ounce to the front bumper of my truck. (as far forward as there was a flat spot) and wow, I gained some Power Steering!

I'm ripping out laps extremely fast now. Thanks for the center diff, Now the oil should be gunk'd enough to switch to Dualstages.

25/35 right?
Old 02-05-2012, 09:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bohdi
here is a quick video I took of the layout.
Trust me when I say the guys in the Houston area are spoiled with this covered off-road track. It is amazing and fun as

http://vimeo.com/36248462
I'm in there somewhere, I heard my name! lol

I couldn't do the triple with my SC10, it would just stall in the air, not enough weight, too much drag I guess. Even doubling was hard in the main, it got kind of breezy and I kept nosing over. Totally made the wrong tire choice for the main!
Old 02-05-2012, 09:52 PM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by CoyoteSlash
Dayum! That's a triple!

I wouldn't take that off sheer terror of killing someone.

Edit: Btw, I've read everything and although I have to agree on some personal effect, that you get a little defensive 'way' too fast, Marcus, You are far too brilliant to have a simple setup sheet change cause the difference on that size of a triple. You are absolutely right and WC is as usual, Absolutely wrong.

Not the one that is wrong ...

The guy goes & says, I know it won't work so I won't even try, even though what I'm doing now is'nt working so that's why I won't even try the good set-up & no thanks for the help cus I know it won't help ...
Old 02-05-2012, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry

The guy goes & says, I know it won't work so I won't even try, even though what I'm doing now is'nt working so that's why I won't even try the good set-up & no thanks for the help cus I know it won't help ...
See, your problem is obviously from nearly every self stroking FT idolizing statement you've made is: There was a guy there with the Ryan setup, and it did not work. Have you failed to read that, 6 times?
Lemme try one more time...
THERE WAS A GUY THERE WITH A RYAN/RYAN SETUP AND HE FAILED TO MAINTAIN THE TRIPLE.
And persay! It wasn't Mantis using the setup? With the logic you've spewed out your hole in the last 8 pages, any driver is a Champ with that setup. So how couldn't he make it? Ah, guess he's not driving a Pink Raptor Body. It has wings.

I tried it in pink... apparently that's easy for you to see.
Old 02-05-2012, 10:07 PM
Tech Initiate

Old 02-05-2012, 10:10 PM

Marcus, Do the Ryan setup, and have Sym take video.

I'll paypal the gas money to shut him up once and for all.
Tech Elite

For the record, there was only one person making the triple with any consistency, a pro driver, who works at that track and drives it every day of his life. It was a Losi with an RX8/Pro4 4600.

NO ONE else was doing it with any consistency, if at all. ONE other guy with a Losi who is also a regular there was doing it, but not consistently, then stopped doing it altogether.

It just wasn't worth it really.
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry

OK brainiac, why dont you explain to the rest of the class the difference between my setup and your carbon copy one track setup(besides the fact that you dont know what my setup is). Why would your toy track setup work on a large 1/8 scale track with 35' jumps and low grip? Why would i waste my time with a high grip setup? Oh and i just remembered heavyjeff is factory sponsered and he just said he couldnt make it either, so what does that mean? He didnt have my setup or any of my parts and yet was still having issues with the same jumps i was. Care to explain that? OR maybe Jeff doesnt know what he is doing either even though i am sure his setup was closer to your BFF's than mine was. Give it a rest man, it obvious you dont know what you are talking about

Coyote, it is what it is man! your not far behind me in that category
Old 02-05-2012, 10:12 PM
Tech Elite

I had the motor to make it (I almost did once, completely by accident, lol), but I guess it's a combination of not enough weight/inertia and probably not enough holes in my body.

With ebuggy/nitro buggy it was no problem.
Old 02-05-2012, 10:13 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by heavyjeffd
For the record, there was only one person making the triple with any consistency, a pro driver, who works at that track and drives it every day of his life. It was a Losi with an RX8/Pro4 4600.

NO ONE else was doing it with any consistency, if at all. ONE other guy with a Losi who is also a regular there was doing it, but not consistently, then stopped doing it altogether.

It just wasn't worth it really.
Yes Jeff that was Smiley and the other truck was Cristian Tabush of RSD probably.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.