Search
Like Tree5Likes

SC10 4x4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2012, 06:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bohdi
Sorry you had a bad day but nowhere did anybody state the track would open at 8 for practice. I also had the diff and did much better in SC than I ever thought placing 2nd in the B only to get booted by the bigger Losi' at the start and then made stupid mistakes and lost a great opp to make the A.
Sounds like you are making the same conclusion about the truck I did 60 or so pages ago but got flamed for
what place did you finish in the b main? if you got second you should have gotten the bump.

were you the guy with the camo hat working your ass off by the big triples after the b main?
Old 02-05-2012, 06:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Ok WC, just watched some Trcr vid of your track, and its not even close to what we have to deal with down here in H-town. Trcr is a nice looking 1/10 track that is nice a smooth. Our track, well is a completly different beast. The speed bumps in the chicane are bigger than any jumps I sam at your track.

Last edited by symmetricon; 02-05-2012 at 10:48 AM.
Old 02-05-2012, 06:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

this is why I like my pin. makes air control easier.
Old 02-05-2012, 07:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by symmetricon
what place did you finish in the b main? if you got second you should have gotten the bump.

were you the guy with the camo hat working your ass off by the big triples after the b main?
No, I started 2nd and fell apart in the main. Lost my aggression, played is safe and screwed up? Finished 7th.
Old 02-05-2012, 07:06 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by bohdi
Sorry you had a bad day but nowhere did anybody state the track would open at 8 for practice. I also had the diff and did much better in SC than I ever thought placing 2nd in the B only to get booted by the bigger Losi' at the start and then made stupid mistakes and lost a great opp to make the A.
Sounds like you are making the same conclusion about the truck I did 60 or so pages ago but got flamed for

We called the track thursday and were told by the manager that the track would be open for practice at 8, about a dozen of us were told the same thing!

As Sym stated high speed long jumps are not this trucks forte well except for Wild cherry's magical FT with Ryan and Cody's golden signatures embossed in gold on each tire with wireless electronically controlled gyros that keep the truck level no matter what

SO Cherry lets see some video. You talk alot of smack for someone with no proof! I promise i will beat you on any track at anytime especially if you run that setup.
Old 02-05-2012, 07:08 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by 1Fastpede
this is why I like my pin. makes air control easier.

we tried that and it was the same, absolutely no difference.
Old 02-05-2012, 07:11 AM
Tech Champion

Ok WC, just watched some Trcr vid of your track, and its not even close to what we have to deal with down here in H-town. Trcr is a nice looking 1/10 track that is nice a smooth. Our track, well is a completly different beast. The speed bums in the chicane are bigger than any jumps I sam at your track.
well that absolutely cannot be possible, you and I are both are stupid and dont know how to drive I mean a jump is a jump and wind has no effect on short course trucks..........
Old 02-05-2012, 07:16 AM
Tech Champion

well anyway ,time to move on and fix the issue. What do you guys think about an idler gear and reversing the motor? pretty easy to do and worth a shot, it will either get better or worse!
Old 02-05-2012, 07:21 AM
Tech Addict

How bout getting rid of belt drive all together
Old 02-05-2012, 07:25 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Ok WC, just watched some Trcr vid of your track, and its not even close to what we have to deal with down here in H-town. Trcr is a nice looking 1/10 track that is nice a smooth. Our track, well is a completly different beast. The speed bums in the chicane are bigger than any jumps I sam at your track.
I hate it when the bums hang out in the chicane
Old 02-05-2012, 07:43 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

are these issues being seen with the regular chassis too? Just asking as it seems everyone confirming the same issue seems to be running the exotek chassis.
Old 02-05-2012, 08:07 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
well anyway ,time to move on and fix the issue. What do you guys think about an idler gear and reversing the motor? pretty easy to do and worth a shot, it will either get better or worse!
If I am thinking correct the motor rotation torque is throwing weight forward? So the idler would move it back?

Team Losi drivers here run their trucks run ride height at 27mm. This helps them jump! Sounds like a little thing but it does give the truck more hop. Makes the SC10 flip over all the time though.
Old 02-05-2012, 08:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Misfit138
I cut the tab off the ESC side and ground off about 2mm on the receiver side.
Where the reviver box and ESC sit plus having the battery straps secure the batteries won't go anywhere. I'm going to put a thin piece of foam on my ESC as a buffer between the battery and it.
Brilliant, thanks!

I'd much rather trim the Exotek saddle mount, than hack up my RX8. Eye balling it looked like it could fit with some trimming, so thanks for the confirmation and picture! Appreciate it!

Cheers
Old 02-05-2012, 08:41 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I really thank Marcus for all the hard work he's put into trying to make this a better platform and he has accomplished offering options for many setups.

But let's be honest with each other. This truck (or any other SC truck 2 or 4wd) was not designed with supercross style 1/8th scale tracks in mind.

The jumps Buggys and truggys laugh at, SC trucks struggle with or at best are inconsistent with.

I ran both my E buggy and SC104x yesterday, I pretty much flew the buggy and drove the SC. Although I'm not the fastest apple in the basket, I'm a fairly consistent driver with both (CQ'd and won the..C in SC and qualed 4th, finished 3rd in the Ebuggy...C. Lap times within a second of each other.).

I'd rather double single a triple CONSISTENTLY than alternately spiking/casing/flatlanding a triple designed with a much heavier, easier to control in the air car/truck in mind.

Simple truth: You can't accelerate in the air. Get it up and back down as quickly as possible. BTW, our scale like trucks look more scale like when driven with this in mind.

K. I. S. S.

Oh, the only "mod" beyond swaybars I've done so far have been Marcus' Garodiscs. Perfect. Though I still want to try the center dif and feel a need for a center brace. YRMV.
Old 02-05-2012, 09:08 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

well... I started in 10th in the B main, and finished 4th.Not bad considering the amount of skilled drivers at the race. There was not 1 ae truck that could clear the triples, and no ae could clear the quads consistently. I believe only 1 ae quaified into the a main, and one ae got the bump. The changing track conditions made it real hard to get consistency from round to round, or making noticable adjustments. I even tried to run without the center diff, and found I was 1 sec slower per lap on average. My real problem was that I could not get the truck to jump consistently at WOT of the big jumps. sometimes it would go nose up, sometimes nose down. In either case, I could not correct the truck with throttle or break imputs. I tried approaching th jumps evrey way, on throttle, off throttle, and everything in between. I have never had such a hard time driving my truck hard. I am discouraged that I couldnt drive it like i wanted to. On a good note, I had no breakages at all.
Just throwing out an idea but what about adding lead foil inside the wheel rims to add rotating mass. It may help with in air adjustments. Not sure how it would effect handling.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.