Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree5Likes

SC10 4x4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2012, 11:38 PM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
REALLY man????? you do realize that this is not my first rodeo, you need to back up off of cody and Ryans nutz I mean seriously how in the HELL can their setup work on every track and with every driver. I just told you that EVERY SC10 at the track yesterday had the same problem and none of us had the same setup in fact one of them had Ryans setup so what now? I was over a second quicker than any other SC10 there but i guess that means nothing either right. Maybe on your small indoor little jump track that setup may work but not on a big boy track. Do you ever read your own post before you submit them?

Your the one who's crying about the jumps , right?

Just giving U good advise .

OYeah , not my set-up , Its the teams...

So why not use the worlds best drivers set-up for the Sc10 4x4 ?

Your the one that's "nutz" if yeah haven't yet ...

Take a look at Trcr sometimes , Scott Brown(AeFactory Driver) builds layouts that will challenge the best driver & yes we have mass jumps on the layout we running on right now ...

Also don't assume I have no experience on outdoor or 1/8th scale layouts with 60 ft jumps ....
Cus I can fly like a eagle on those big fella...

Hope you figure out your ride ...

Last edited by Wild Cherry; 02-04-2012 at 11:50 PM.
Old 02-04-2012, 11:49 PM

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Old 02-04-2012, 11:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Your the one who's crying about the jumps , right?

Just giving U good advise .

OYeah , not my set-up , Its the teams...

So why not use the worlds best drivers set-up for the Sc10 4x4 ?

Your the one that's "nutz" if yeah haven't yet ...

Take a look at Trcr sometimes , Scott Brown(AeFactory Driver) builds layouts that will challenge the best driver & yes we have mass jumps on the layout we running on right now ...

Also don't assume I have no experience on outdoor or 1/8th scale layouts with 60 ft jumps ....
Cus I can fly like a eagle on those big fella...

Hope you figure out your ride ...
are you payed to sound like an ass?
Old 02-05-2012, 12:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I've seen plenty of Mantix/RCSHOX videos.

Not sure If I remember seeing any WILD CHERRY videos.

WC, Please post a video of you running at your local track. I'd like to see how well your truck works. Thanks.
Old 02-05-2012, 12:40 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Vegatron75
I've seen plenty of Mantix/RCSHOX videos.

Not sure If I remember seeing any WILD CHERRY videos.

WC, Please post a video of you running at your local track. I'd like to see how well your truck works. Thanks.
Going to Ptown next week end for the Pacific N/w Shoot-Out , a "big" event, but PTown is a way small track baby ....

I'm in the points already , 22 4x4's last race ....

We had around 16 4x4's tonight @Trcr for Sc Saturday , no Tq , got the win though...
O-man !....

Should of seen my truck tonight , never faster ...

Scott Brown even has me rebuilding his Sc4x4 tomorrow ..
Old 02-05-2012, 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Going to Ptown next week end for the Pacific N/w Shoot-Out , a "big" event, but PTown is a way small track baby ....

I'm in the points already , 22 4x4's last race ....

We had around 16 4x4's tonight @Trcr for Sc Saturday , no Tq , got the win though...
O-man !....

Should of seen my truck tonight , never faster ...

Scott Brown even has me rebuilding his Sc4x4 tomorrow ..
Old 02-05-2012, 12:58 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CoyoteSlash
Old 02-05-2012, 01:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Let us know if you come up with a solution...I bought their side by side mount not thinking they would have a inline mount & I have a rx8 aswell. I want my esc under the belt but I might just go the easy route & mount it on the motor side even though I don't want to .

Originally Posted by marksp
I just put the Exotek inline saddle kit in my Exotek LCG chassis and I'm sad to share that there is no way to fit the RX8, short of hacking the the RX8, modding the Exotek saddle kit, or both.

It's got my wondering if the following would work:

- flip the Exotek bracket around so that the "skinny" tab is towards the rear of the truck. (+1 mm)
- grind the "fat" tabs completely off and use the front of the LCG chassis as the battery stop (+5 mm)
- relocate the screw holes accordingly.

This nets out to 6 mm of additional space which might just be enough to squeeze the RX8 in.

...or I might just have to wait for the AE FT inline bracket, which will be my 4th attempt to work saddles with the RX8 without hacking my goods.
Old 02-05-2012, 01:12 AM
Tech Legend

Attached Thumbnails SC10 4x4 Thread-7lykz.jpg  
Old 02-05-2012, 01:28 AM

Go to bed, old man.
Old 02-05-2012, 01:36 AM
Tech Elite

Ok, I don't want to hack my rx8 & I want to stick with the fan (just because I'm paranoid) so I'm going to just mount it on the motor side. If Kody Neumandahl can go fast with his truck this way it's good enough for me!
Old 02-05-2012, 03:32 AM
Tech Master

Sorry to interrupt guys, but does anyone remember who posted a pic, with the 540 motor installed, and a fan, mounted on the wall, between motor/ ESC place ?...was a clean nice instalation, and maybe thats the way to go for me...but some better pics, or name on the guy who did it

/T
Old 02-05-2012, 05:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
Where do i begin! Its pretty much been a disastrous weekend, i seem to always have stupid crap happen to me throughout big race weekends. I know its coming and pretty much expect it but yesterday drained my soul!! So because of where i live i wanted to leave at 5:30 to avoid monster traffic as my car is pretty much a race car with a liscense plate! (585whp STI!!) We were told the track would be open for practice at 8am. so i get to the track around 6:45 as planned, gates opened at 8, I unload everything and get on the track. ran about 10 laps with my Ebuggy and SC and the the RD kicks us off the track and tells us it wont be open until noon???? This was a little frustrating but since i at least got a few laps down on a very slick track i needed to make some changes anyway.

WHAT A DAY
Sorry you had a bad day but nowhere did anybody state the track would open at 8 for practice. I also had the diff and did much better in SC than I ever thought placing 2nd in the B only to get booted by the bigger Losi' at the start and then made stupid mistakes and lost a great opp to make the A.
Sounds like you are making the same conclusion about the truck I did 60 or so pages ago but got flamed for
Old 02-05-2012, 06:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

Originally Posted by marksp
I just put the Exotek inline saddle kit in my Exotek LCG chassis and I'm sad to share that there is no way to fit the RX8, short of hacking the the RX8, modding the Exotek saddle kit, or both.

It's got my wondering if the following would work:

- flip the Exotek bracket around so that the "skinny" tab is towards the rear of the truck. (+1 mm)
- grind the "fat" tabs completely off and use the front of the LCG chassis as the battery stop (+5 mm)
- relocate the screw holes accordingly.

This nets out to 6 mm of additional space which might just be enough to squeeze the RX8 in.

...or I might just have to wait for the AE FT inline bracket, which will be my 4th attempt to work saddles with the RX8 without hacking my goods.
I cut the tab off the ESC side and ground off about 2mm on the receiver side.
Where the reviver box and ESC sit plus having the battery straps secure the batteries won't go anywhere. I'm going to put a thin piece of foam on my ESC as a buffer between the battery and it.
Attached Thumbnails SC10 4x4 Thread-001.jpg  
Old 02-05-2012, 06:33 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by F_ME
You are running the Exotek chassis as well?

I too noticed that it is harder to make inflight adjustments as compared to the SCTE. Tried dialing in more brake but still not enough when the nose pitches up too far.
I have the Exotek chassis, tried playing with the punch settings and break setings.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.