Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree5Likes

SC10 4x4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2012, 07:16 PM
Tech Initiate

This may have been asked but I couldn't find it, will there ever be ball diffs in place of the front and rear gear diffs or are the motors in Pro4 too powerful?
Old 02-03-2012, 07:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Just watched a vid of Steven Hartson wheeling a FT sc10 4x4 around a tight technical track. This thing is so dialed it's disgusting.
Old 02-03-2012, 08:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

have a link for us?
Old 02-03-2012, 08:13 PM
Tech Addict

Jeff u should come out to lake park on sun, il show u a dialed sc10
Old 02-03-2012, 09:19 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by JayL
Cameron: Any word from DE on a wider offset wheel?
I emailed them a couple of weeks ago and got a response very quickly. Here is what I was told.

Steven

We are working on it. It might be a bit though. We are super busy with other projects right now.

Regards
Dave Enstrom

DE Racing
Old 02-03-2012, 09:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Terra Rover
I emailed them a couple of weeks ago and got a response very quickly. Here is what I was told.

Steven

We are working on it. It might be a bit though. We are super busy with other projects right now.

Regards
Dave Enstrom

DE Racing
Old 02-03-2012, 09:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bre1979
Is the kit gonna be delayed or is it gonna be on time as listed.
... ... ... ...

AE should take a page from Blizzard's handbook. Don't set release dates....you never meet them. "It will be released when it is ready. That is all."

the iX8 has been set as "available late October".....then late November....now we're hearing late February.

I will be happy to see the FT available for the end of the season. No expectations of seeing it sooner.
Old 02-03-2012, 10:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

sc104x4 + exotek chassis + inline saddle packs + mtk clutch basket = normal number of laps +2

can't argue with math
Old 02-03-2012, 11:19 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jamr1130
I run 30wt front and 27.5 rear for shock oil with FT yellow springs all around. Yellow front and white rear for sway bars. 24mm front and rear ride height. Since you have no slipper or diff mods I would run 30K front and 7K rear for the diffs. I would however suggest getting the center diff from Rcshox.com (what I run now and it is glorious). But if you're not ready for that upgrade I say at the least get the MacTheKnife clutch basket as it a huge improvement over the stock slipper configuration (ran that too). Add a chassis brace to help the belt skip.(I have a couple extra I could let you have for one for pittance.)
Try to read thru this thread there are a bunch of upgrade options you can run that the guys here have come up with that will greatly improve this truck
FYI you are not alone.
Thanks a lot for the info. I will take a brace let me know how much. PM me next time you are going to be at WCRC.
Old 02-04-2012, 01:34 AM
Tech Adept

Default bearing kits

I have been looking for bearing kits for the SC10 4x4 but with not much luck. I wanted Acer but they don't have anything and the last I heard they were not planning on creating a kit. Was told that they won't make a kit because the don't have a certain size and wont make that size for one kit. I have seen that avid has a custom build kit and Boca has a couple (cheap priced and expensive priced, nothing in between).My question to all of you is are the AE bearings fine for racing or should I be trying to get a good aftermarket kit?
Are the Avid bearings good? How are their ceramic bearings? For those of you who may know, what custom Avid bearing kit would you recommend?
Are there any other companies that make good quality bearing upgrade kits for this rig?
I want to install these when I get and build my Factory Team kit.
Thanks guys.
Old 02-04-2012, 03:18 AM
Tech Regular

Steven

Regards
Dave Enstrom

DE Racing
Dave just got done redesigning the SCTE wheels for better strength and is working on a redesign of the SCT rear wheel. I have a stack of cracked wheels at the hubs. Good to know Dave is proactive in improving his product and taking care of his customers.
Old 02-04-2012, 03:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I have been looking for bearing kits for the SC10 4x4 but with not much luck. I wanted Acer but they don't have anything and the last I heard they were not planning on creating a kit. Was told that they won't make a kit because the don't have a certain size and wont make that size for one kit. I have seen that avid has a custom build kit and Boca has a couple (cheap priced and expensive priced, nothing in between).My question to all of you is are the AE bearings fine for racing or should I be trying to get a good aftermarket kit?
Are the Avid bearings good? How are their ceramic bearings? For those of you who may know, what custom Avid bearing kit would you recommend?
Are there any other companies that make good quality bearing upgrade kits for this rig?
Thanks guys.
Avid bearings are excellent! Dont be scared of the good prices
Old 02-04-2012, 04:05 AM
Tech Regular

I know this has been said before but I am now just realizing this through my testing. With the stock slipper, you must run 30K diff fluid in the front diff to drive it fast on the track. I tried to run the truck for the past week and a half with 5K rear and 10K front diff fluid with the stock slipper (HD slipper pad on the outside) and I am not happy it. You just can't drive it as hard and the rear end is loose. I tried going from a blue front spring to yellow and while it did help transfer more weight to the rear and help with traction, the truck turned slower and was not as well balanced for my setup and style of driving. I also tried some different camber link positions front and rear and settled on outside hole on front tower with 2mm under ball stud and for rear I am inside on tower, middle on hub, and 1mm under ball stud. This seemed to give the truck the best overall balance for my setup.

Even with those changes, with 10K diff fluid up front I just didn't have the confidence driving hard as I did with 30K up front. I got to the track late and did not have time to test. I had to do all my testing during the first two heats. I qualifed for the A-main and while I did figure some things out as far as setup in the heat races, I needed something more for the main. I did not feel like changing the front diff fluid at the break so I instead figured I would do the next best thing and run the front over drive. In the main I was able to drive harder with the over drive and still have good on power steering, however, there was a price to pay for this. The truck does not brake as well with the front overdrive. The rear end wanted to come around when coming off a high speed sweeper, getting on the brakes, and going into a 180deg turn. I had no such issues with the 30K diff fluid in the front and no overdrive. The downside to running the 30K diff fluid in the front was that I was not able to turn as sharp on power. That was the reason for testing with 10K diff fluid in the front in the first place.

The center diff from RCShox.com should resolve the issue of having to run 30K diff fluid in the front. On order and still waiting to be shipped.
Old 02-04-2012, 05:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Still have a bit of understeer when going to 7K front. Should I drop down to 5k or change something else?
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0Bz8...Y1YmRmZGVhZjJi
Old 02-04-2012, 07:01 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Thanks guys.

Ya acer bearings is a joke. They are too distracted putting half naked chicks on there ads rather than producing the right accurate sizing. I ordered the first sc10 4x4 kit from them and half the bearings where missing or the wrong size. I went back and forth with them and finally they just gave me my money back and gave up. They claimed they don't go down as small as a 3mm size or something. So I created a master list for boca bearings and they have all the sizes. Go with the yellow ceramic offroad series. If your worried about the price I think i have a 50% off coupon with them. Hit me up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.