Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree5Likes

SC10 4x4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 06:34 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by neu2this
Thinking of picking one of these bad boys up. Can I use regular pinions with it or do I have to by something special. A guy at the track told me you need some special gear. Any help?
Most use the 32p with 5mm shafts, don't think there are special beyond that.
Old 02-01-2012, 06:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Regardless of brand, Every truck/buggy when it comes out needs to be tweaked, or re-engineered in some way to make it even better.

Now that people have them figured out , people are winning and really enjoying their rides.

Isn't that what it is all about?

Even full scale cars, need to be tweaked to get them where you want them.
Old 02-01-2012, 06:51 PM

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lodhammerdin
Wow man... your a douche... go ahead, report me, I could care less. No one is forcing you to drive this truck. AE is working on a sloution for everything. They can't do only what you want. Sure, other people are having the same problem and complaining about it but you take it to the next level!!

P.S.: Leave cherry alone, he put's tons of useful information on here and all you do is whine about EVERYTHING and bash people.
Old 02-01-2012, 06:55 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Cain , the Li-Po saddle tray takes all the room between ft & back of chassis ... Fits exactly
I see what you mean. however, I was wondering though if you could remove the front portion of the saddle tray and then move the battery forward. Basically using the chassis as part of the retaining system.

it may give those who need it more room for the esc.
Old 02-01-2012, 07:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JEFFs SC10
Regardless of brand, Every truck/buggy when it comes out needs to be tweaked, or re-engineered in some way to make it even better.

Now that people have them figured out , people are winning and really enjoying their rides.

Isn't that what it is all about?

Even full scale cars, need to be tweaked to get them where you want them.
Well said jeff!! Couldn't agree more.

FUN!!!! Thats what it's all about!!!
Old 02-01-2012, 07:07 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

I agree, however I think some people are taking issue with the FT as it didn't address the issues that were determined or addressed the issue in a way that seems more like a patch instead of a real fix.
Old 02-01-2012, 07:14 PM
Tech Legend

look at this way

Only been 8 months !

Last May to be precise when we even had the Sc104x4 in our hands for the first time...

For shame ....

Ae you guys R awesome getting her done so soon ...........

Pic is from last May
Attached Thumbnails SC10 4x4 Thread-ready-sc-10-4x4-001.jpg  
Old 02-01-2012, 07:20 PM
Tech Elite

so beside a ftsc10 lot what eles is needed
Old 02-01-2012, 07:20 PM

My Bottom line, Mud slinging aside: is I will be buying this FT. I will be patiently to upgrade my old Truck with the Slipper (after I give it a test run) to run my center diff in my FT kit. I may ultimately get the Exo or try out the Ballast system they put in.

We are getting ahead of ourselves with these poo-fights. I am in no way innocent, As Lodhammer loves to point out as a White Knight, as much of a Joke as he is...

We need to start being constructive again. We sound like people talking about AE in a Losi thread. We don't sound like AE boys anymore. (WC, you're just crazy) Constructive input, and frustration is fine, but we and myself are going past it into a mass that is sitting over here laughing at the product as it drives around the track. We should be talking about losi's like this, not our own trucks. (No, I'm not saying to do that! ) We have a winning Truck. Is the FT what we had hoped for? The Dream of grandeur? No. it's really not. But: It is a hell of alot better than the RTR or the old Kit.

Now that I've had 24 hours to think about it and a certain phone call for me by someone, I honestly see this as a good step. They listened to us guys. We R&D'd to a massive scale for this truck.

~1% of that chassis brace is mine! I helped make that happen on an FT by 1%.
~ MTK, they did exactly what you designed yourself to a little variation. On a National Title Truck. That's all you buddy.
~ Marcus carries some of the best hopups seen on this truck and alot of others. Which wouldn't have come on the truck anyway.

My A-arms warp. My chassis Flexes. Mention: how rigid they made the Sc10 chassis and how it broke before they redid it... Who knows what'll happen to the durability of this truck with such static parts... Maybe Awesome! Maybe bad. Who knows. The A-arms are a hit or miss. I don't understand how someone has used 1 set their whole time, and I've gone through two as taken care of as possible. (don't even start with me. I know how to take care of my truck )

Comments like the "AE's Strike", and whatnot are hilariously false. No one could bolt anything on to that piece of shit and get around anywhere. The FT truck will win Club level. Look at it. Actually come to think of it... I think I was more mad originally with it not being flat-fixed because I couldn't buy 'new stuff' for that "wow" change. Kinda silly on my part, I thinks.

Chris: I super appreciate you being here and checking up the forums every day. I hope you will continue to do so, and I respect you highly. I hope we can get away from the poo flinging and go back to guides, and build comments, tuning, and the good fun this thread has.

I'm getting to work on those Diff fixes until AE releases theirs.(They are absolutely in the works as we read.)
That's my contribution to this thread. I will also be selling them at my cost+shipping for everyone. That's my word, and continuing contribution to you guys since the Chassis Brace deal is over with in a month.

If you want to call me a hypocrite and a tail turner, that's fine. But I didn't toss out the truck to bash it to high heaven. I've been with it since day 1 like alot of you, and I've fought, and tried, and made whatever needed to make this succeed, including trying to get people to stick with the truck. My frustrations are not seen as the 50% sarcasm they are because this is a forum and it cannot be convey'd. That's my problem for typing how I talk, and I oughta work on that.
-----------

FT backordered and now I play the waiting game.

Last edited by CoyoteSlash; 02-01-2012 at 07:42 PM.
Old 02-01-2012, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by porkchop
so beside a ftsc10 lot what eles is needed
...what?
Old 02-01-2012, 07:25 PM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Cain
I see what you mean. however, I was wondering though if you could remove the front portion of the saddle tray and then move the battery forward. Basically using the chassis as part of the retaining system.

it may give those who need it more room for the esc.

yup
Could remove ft section of tray, only 2.5 m more space though ...

Coyote , not crazy ....

Its WILD .....
Old 02-01-2012, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Coyote , not crazy ....

Its WILD .....
Heh... Touche'!

Like I said Everyone. The saddle cradles pop right out and you can run sticks. I linked all the parts.
Old 02-01-2012, 07:46 PM

Reposting:

Factory Team Parts now included in the FT Sc10 4x4

~ Yes, You can run Saddle or Stick pack by removing the Saddle Cradle on the FT Sc10 4x4.

~The saddle cradle also has several locations to add ballast weights into your Sc10 to mimic the performance gain of an Exotek Chassis.

FT Shocks Front and Rear
FT Steering Rack (1 additional adjustment hole)
FT TiN Ballstuds in 50% of locations
FT Lightweight Diff outdrives
FT Lightweight Idler gear Shafts
FT Lightweight Top Shafts Front and Rear
FT Alum screws in Upper areas
FT AL M4 Locknuts
FT AL Wheel Hexes
FT AL CVA pin retainers
FT TiN Hinge Pins
FT Sway Bars Front and Rear
FT Chassis Brace

FT VTS Slipper
- Slipper Housing: 91176
- VTS Slipper pad x2: 91177
- VTS Slipper Plate: 91178
- VTS Outer Slipper hub: 91179

FT Saddle Pack Cradle (Saddles are optional)
- Battery Cradle, Lock and Bushing: 91185
- Saddle Pack Strap: 91187
Old 02-01-2012, 07:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cameron Kellogg
In the far corner of the saddle pack holder you will see a barrel like part that a screw threads into the holder from the bottom of the chassis. My best guess but the chassis mold would not be changed for saddles. Too much money to tool something for one type of chassis.
I agree. You can plainly see a molded in screw boss.

Old 02-01-2012, 08:03 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CoyoteSlash
...what?
i am going to buy the ft sc10 when it hits. is there any other hops ups need to get this truck to go around the track?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.