Search
Like Tree5Likes

SC10 4x4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2012, 05:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default truck weight

my truck weighs 6.28lb without the body with the exotek.
Attached Thumbnails SC10 4x4 Thread-sc104x4-1.jpg  
Old 01-21-2012, 05:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thebizz
Nice looking rig.
Old 01-21-2012, 05:15 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by old&slow
Yup it was "one of those nights " for me had been since turkey day since I last hit the track and I was prepped ready for some fun.

I had just installed a brand new esc in my truck ,did a full complete teardown and overhaul , dropped in the rc shox ball diff, ack bar and was all fired up to see how it would run. Like wise with the losi 8ights, did full rebuild over hauls , got the rc shox 2 stagers in with new oil as well as the diffs , new jr 9100t servo in as I cooked one last run out due to a backed off servo saver that caused 300oz + of binding and fried the unit .

So I was ready for a fun night of dialing them in in prep to hit the races this weekend

Then the fun began , got a couple laps on 1st losi I must not have used enough lock tight on shock piston screw , but it comes loose after 2 laps , pulls shaft , dumps oil everywhere and beats shaft into everything for half a lap. ok bench that onefor now .

Truck time , get it going , 1st lap ball diff to loose , in to tighten , ok now it feels kind of wierd with new ack bar , in to chance ackerman angle , out for another lap. to much ride height , in and adjust , out again and hey this thing is feeling ok now, 3 laps into the fun new experience for me

Needless to say the esc was pretty fired up also about this maiden voyage. Got in about 3 laps when i came into the double -double rythem section all was good on first double , but when I set down and got back into throttle for second double the excitment began. The truck came to a quick stop , jerked and shoook like a tweaker on payday , then came the slight hint of the magic white smoke , then the full on mushroom cloud errupted. By the time i was able to run over and grab ole smoke dawg the small LRH facility had been filled with smoke with that oh so distintive smell of cooked electronics. I call it the smell of money as it was a couple hundy that went up in the wrong kind of smoke. So I was able to reach in and switch off , nothing, still smoking and getting hotter and I am waiting for the flames to arrive , i grab the deans wires and proceed to burn my tender little fingers and when I do get it unplugged it also had unsoldered itself from the esc.

So now that I have EVERYONES atttention at the track ,even the slackers in the office come out to see whats cookin , I take my smokey little hooptie to pits to investigate the future investment. I am treated to the view of a very black and unsually twisted up from the heat esc , a belt cover that is mildly heat deformed and that overwhelming stench. The body is pitched into the dumpster as it smells like hell and has a super sweet black tumor on top from the heat deforming it , and my center tray has a nice shiney black corner that has been heat treated / glazed and that imbedded stench.

so stack that stink bomb up with the silicon oozing losi with the blown out corner and grab the last survivor , my outdoor set up 8ight.

Give her a hug and a kiss and beg her to treat me right as I have been at the track now for 2 hrs and have run about 8 laps and have got about a hours work to do on losi 1 and about 200 bucks and a hr work to do on truck .

Out she goes on the tight track of LRH ( not her best here as she is set up for big outdoor revelation) man handle her around for two laps when she decides to jump on the death wagon and out of the blue the plastic bell crank on the servo saver decides it wants to become 3 pieces instead of one . Sweet as our ole friends from Queen once sang another one bites the dust .

So I drag the last of my fallen soldiers to the pit toss it into the now growing money /time mound of oozing silicon and smell of electical death. I pack up all my pit set up and toss it into my truck along with the mass of rc destruction.

I go back in and live my rc dream vicariously through the others running problem free lap after lap untill I tuck my tail between my legs and head home .

NOW WHAT IS THE TRICK TO GETTIN RID OF THAT SMELL OF ELECTRONICS DEATH. MY REAL TRUCK REEKS OF IT AS DOES MY GARAGE. ANY TRICKS OR DO i RUN IT AS TEAM THE SMELL OF MONEY OR DO i GET NEW CENTER SECTION.

Smellin like death and spendin money
O&S
Were you able to work it out? You still running this truck?
Old 01-21-2012, 05:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

wow mine is coming in with stick pack, body, basically ready to drive at 6.5 with 1 oz of lead up front and 1 ounce out back.
Old 01-21-2012, 05:28 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

pm sent

I got in touch with exotek and they are going to be making an inline conversion as well.
Old 01-21-2012, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
If you were correct ...

Wouldn't I be able to find the same problem
with my or other Sc10 4x4 arms ?
Originally Posted by CoyoteSlash
Or maybe they are perfectly honed straight, and your precious Factory Team did something wrong with 'numerous' shipments of Stock arms...
Make sure you understand, WC. I said Shipments, Not every arm on the planet.

Just because you did not have the issue, it does not mean that it's the user's problem and not your precious Factory Team's.

/i'm a douche'

Last edited by CoyoteSlash; 01-21-2012 at 06:01 PM.
Old 01-21-2012, 05:59 PM
Tech Addict

Any kind of timeline on the exoteck inline saddles??
Old 01-21-2012, 06:14 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by BLbound
Nice! Congrats on the hi praise! If you can please post your set up? Thanks!
Here is a copy of my setup.
Will be trying 10K fluid in front diff.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 01-21-2012, 06:20 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by johnbugman
wow mine is coming in with stick pack, body, basically ready to drive at 6.5 with 1 oz of lead up front and 1 ounce out back.
heres a couple pics
Attached Thumbnails SC10 4x4 Thread-chassis-pics-008.jpg   SC10 4x4 Thread-chassis-pics-009.jpg  
Old 01-21-2012, 06:22 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rickybobbyxxx
Any kind of timeline on the exoteck inline saddles??
10 days they said
Old 01-21-2012, 06:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wfdfiremedic
Nice looking rig.
thx!
Old 01-21-2012, 06:59 PM
Tech Elite

do the stock wheels and tires on the the rc 10 site in the parts page that come with the rims. they say mounted are the gule to?
Old 01-21-2012, 07:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Mine weigh's in at 5.75 lb ready to run. (1 oz. added behind saddles.)
Old 01-21-2012, 07:24 PM
Tech Addict

thx!
Your avitar aint too bad either lol
Old 01-21-2012, 07:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CoyoteSlash
Make sure you understand, WC. I said Shipments, Not every arm on the planet.

Just because you did not have the issue, it does not mean that it's the user's problem and not your precious Factory Team's.

/i'm a douche'
He finally get's something right...

Good job coyote!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.