Search
Like Tree5Likes

SC10 4x4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 05:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by isarctard
Can someone refer me to the Traxxas wheel nut part number that's compatible for this truck, so I don't have to search through 90 pages of posts please.
Here.

I have added it to the first page.
Old 05-19-2011, 05:29 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dirtybird 808
anybody running tekin RX8 esc and redline 4.5 motor set up feedback appreciated
aloha

http://www.teamtekin.com/hotwire/ESC...up-sheets.html
Old 05-19-2011, 05:31 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by murky123
you guys need to sptop posting so much here.
cause of the fact that when it is daytime at yours it is nighttime here where I live.
And every moring I have to read up 10 pages of info, that will take me 1 hour, now my boss wants to pay me 5 hours less a week
Read the firs post of this thread.

I am updating it now with an index, and a note of when each section was last updated.
Old 05-19-2011, 05:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

If anyone is wondering we had a couple sc trucks on the scale at the local hobby shop.
AE 4x4/550was 5.99lbs
stock losi/550 was 6.8lbs
carbon chassis/towers losi/castle 3800 was 6.10lbs
Old 05-19-2011, 05:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

So is everyone getting rid of the shock boots??
Old 05-19-2011, 06:25 AM
Tech Regular

I finally got mine last night. Built it at the track, took about 5 hours including electronics.

Had to fill the diffs, rebuilt the shocks with 35 wt all around. I didn't realize the front and rear shocks were different sizes (they are very close), and put the fronts on the back and the backs on the front.

Even with the belt tensioners set loose all the way the belt is quite tight. I will take another look at it on the weekend to see if I messed it up somewhere, but the transmissions ran nice and smooth before I put the belt on.

The only diff fluid they had at the track was 2000wt so I put that in. The track is a smallish indoor carpet track, so hopefully that oil wont be too bad.

I picked up the Castle SCT combo with the 1410 3800Kv motor for now. Anybody use that speedo in their trucks? I hope it doesn't fry on me. I'm waiting for the Viper 10R/550 combo. I may run the 10R with a Viper 8.5 540, but not sure yet. I really wish the Viper ESCs would work with sensorless motors as that Castle 1410 seems to be the cat's meow. Should I use 32p or 48p with this? I have pinions for both.

One of the CVAs is binding a bit with itself. I'm hoping that after a couple runs it will work itself loose but I'll have to double check that.

The pre-built steering spindle and caster block were also binding. I took them apart and shaved down the bottom of the caster block about 0.5mm with an x-acto knife. That freed it up a lot. I will sand is down a bit better later to make it even smoother.

I lost one of the hex pins when I was putting the front wheels on. I put the wheel on, then lifted up the truck to put the nut on. The tire fell off with the hex attached to it and the pin fell out. I have some spare FT hex pins from my B4, hopefully they will fit (I didn't have them with me at the track).

I really don't like how they make so many of nuts fit into a molded spot. Specifically, the nuts on the shock towers and rear hub carriers. There really is no need for this and will most likely turn out to be a pain later on.

I had a somewhat hard time getting the rear arm mount (bottom of page 20) on. I felt like I really had to squeeze the inner hinge pins together to get them into the holes.

What's the deal with the way the shocks are attached to the arms? I have never seen anything like that before. Why have to deal with a ping and a screw? I have been screwing shocks into a-arms for 25 years and never had a problem with it.

I didn't use the receiver box. I mounted the receiver where the transponder is supposed to go. I'll figure out where I'll put the transponder this weekend. The one I have doesn't have any ears on it.
Old 05-19-2011, 06:27 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Toiffel
So is everyone getting rid of the shock boots??
I kept my shock boots on but snipped them so the air can get out.

I run indoors on carpet so I'm not worried about dirt.
Old 05-19-2011, 06:44 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BlueGlowBoy
Yeah, I have the Papyrus video game based on that.... horrible by today's standards, but I still load it up once in a while to remind myself how twitchy 2wd can be!
Heh, I am glad you like the SODA simulation by Papyrus. I spent a good deal of my time testing that, you will see my name in the manual
Old 05-19-2011, 06:50 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SaladFork
Man this truck is WAY more durable than I thought...

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

It flys like a champ.
Old 05-19-2011, 07:00 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Kool Video!!....Nice handling too.......Sweet Truck!!
Old 05-19-2011, 07:13 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CraigV
I finally got mine last night. Built it at the track, took about 5 hours including electronics.

Had to fill the diffs, rebuilt the shocks with 35 wt all around. I didn't realize the front and rear shocks were different sizes (they are very close), and put the fronts on the back and the backs on the front.

Even with the belt tensioners set loose all the way the belt is quite tight. I will take another look at it on the weekend to see if I messed it up somewhere, but the transmissions ran nice and smooth before I put the belt on.

The only diff fluid they had at the track was 2000wt so I put that in. The track is a smallish indoor carpet track, so hopefully that oil wont be too bad.

I picked up the Castle SCT combo with the 1410 3800Kv motor for now. Anybody use that speedo in their trucks? I hope it doesn't fry on me. I'm waiting for the Viper 10R/550 combo. I may run the 10R with a Viper 8.5 540, but not sure yet. I really wish the Viper ESCs would work with sensorless motors as that Castle 1410 seems to be the cat's meow. Should I use 32p or 48p with this? I have pinions for both.

One of the CVAs is binding a bit with itself. I'm hoping that after a couple runs it will work itself loose but I'll have to double check that.

The pre-built steering spindle and caster block were also binding. I took them apart and shaved down the bottom of the caster block about 0.5mm with an x-acto knife. That freed it up a lot. I will sand is down a bit better later to make it even smoother.

I lost one of the hex pins when I was putting the front wheels on. I put the wheel on, then lifted up the truck to put the nut on. The tire fell off with the hex attached to it and the pin fell out. I have some spare FT hex pins from my B4, hopefully they will fit (I didn't have them with me at the track).

I really don't like how they make so many of nuts fit into a molded spot. Specifically, the nuts on the shock towers and rear hub carriers. There really is no need for this and will most likely turn out to be a pain later on.

I had a somewhat hard time getting the rear arm mount (bottom of page 20) on. I felt like I really had to squeeze the inner hinge pins together to get them into the holes.

What's the deal with the way the shocks are attached to the arms? I have never seen anything like that before. Why have to deal with a ping and a screw? I have been screwing shocks into a-arms for 25 years and never had a problem with it.

I didn't use the receiver box. I mounted the receiver where the transponder is supposed to go. I'll figure out where I'll put the transponder this weekend. The one I have doesn't have any ears on it.
I have the cc sct system in my truck ive put about 6 or 7 battery packs through it and so far so good except the switch is a little screwy every now and then it wont turn on unless I toggle the switch a little . Im gonna get an aftermarket one I like having the switch . I did mount the fan to the ESC instead of the motor I dont know if thats why im not having any problems but its working good . im running 32p gearing and I used a 13 tooth pinion and I feel it could be alot faster so im gonna try some bigger pinions and see what happens .

also one of my cva's was a little stiff too when I had it in my hand but once i installed it and i drove the car it loosened right up .Rick
Old 05-19-2011, 07:23 AM
Tech Regular

How did you power the fan? Is there a plug on the ESC? How did you mount it to the ESC?

I haven't really looked at it to be honest. When I put it in last night I was super tired.
Old 05-19-2011, 07:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

The Mamba max pro has the fan already on top of it.

I don't think I'd need it but it would be cool to add either cooling fins or another fan on the motor just as an extra safety margin.
Old 05-19-2011, 07:37 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CraigV
How did you power the fan? Is there a plug on the ESC? How did you mount it to the ESC?

I haven't really looked at it to be honest. When I put it in last night I was super tired.
actually the fan fits over the ESC housing pretty good I used two pieces of double sided tape one on each side of the ESC and then flexed the fan housing open a little to clear the tape as i put it on the ESC it actually fits pretty good . im sorry i dont have a picture here at work with me to show you . i hooked the fan up to the aux port on my spektrum receiver . Rick

p.s. i got brave yesterday and even ran it on 3s for about 7-10 minutes alotta fun and quite fast but i dont think im gonna do it too often ..lol.
Old 05-19-2011, 07:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CraigV;

The shocks mount that way to avoid the lower screws from backing out. Many 1/8 rigs run reversed threaded screws to fix this issue. Also no more screw heads full of dirt.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.