Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 05:30 PM

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by losi_racer
i just do ???? every time my wire came unplugged, i noticed it in 2wd sc,2wd buggy and 4wd sc
black super weatherstrip adhesive holds the sensored wire on motor.
Old 07-06-2011, 05:34 PM
Tech Champion

what bodies are you guys using? The stock body cracked bad on mine very fast, from what i heard when i first posted about the body you guys have the same issue. from what i see there is only the stock, protek and the V2 Manta. the manta looks like my best bet,is anyone using them and how are they holding up
Old 07-06-2011, 05:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

what bodies are you guys using? The stock body cracked bad on mine very fast, from what i heard when i first posted about the body you guys have the same issue. from what i see there is only the stock, protek and the V2 Manta. the manta looks like my best bet,is anyone using them and how are they holding up

I am using a SC10 body.
Old 07-06-2011, 05:37 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by RustyRC
black super weatherstrip adhesive holds the sensored wire on motor.
the sensor wire issue, if you would even call it an issue is fixed, tekin has these clips that hold the wire now.
Old 07-06-2011, 05:47 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
Hey everyone that owns either the SCTE, 810 or Ten-T:

I sent Robinson Racing an email asking them to look into producing diff gears for our vehicles. I outlined the issues we have had as well as the availability issues. I also explained that the gears/diffs are interchangeable between vehicles and are the same part numbers. That is important because it probably isnt woth making parts that can only be used in one type of vehicle. Anyone who uses Robinson Racing pinion gears knows their hardened steel pinions are the best in the industry. If they make these gears in the same steel as their pinions, they will most likely be the very last gears you ever need. Lets get these made, I suggest that everyone send an email to them at [email protected] They've already replied to my email stating that they would look into it. Its up to us to show them that there is a demand for it and its worth the tooling and setup costs for them. Group effort here, let's "Get 'er done!"
It would be awsome to have some gears from them.. Good idea scott just sent them a email
Old 07-06-2011, 05:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I started with a Proline Militia, lasted a few track days. I painted the stock shell and used 2.5oz of shoe goo. Still using the lid and it has almost no cracks. I Shoegoo'd body savers under the front holes. I use the SNR towers which have the body mounts built in, there is zero flex like with the stock post, the holes get hammered. It's held up pretty good with the goo on there.
Old 07-06-2011, 06:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChrisAttebery
I got the BCE chassis yesterday. The chassis looks great and did not need any modifications. All the holes were countersunk and lined up with the corresponding parts. The hinge pin holders dropped right on the chassis. I got it together and it weighs 6lb, 4oz RTR. That's 4oz less than the TEN-T weighed RTR.

I'm using the following parts to enhance durability or lighten or the truck:
BCE SCTE chassis
Losi carbon fiber towers
Losi 8ight 2.0 Ti turnbuckles
Losi aluminum chassis braces
SNR carbon fiber hinge pin holders
APE Ti hinge pins
APE 8ight spring adapters, silver front and red rear springs
APE ChrisPins and hardened shims in the diffs, of course :^)
T-Bone racing TEN-T front and rear bumpers
DE Racing wheels
Blitz aluminum wheel hexes
OFNA aluminum wheel nuts
Cut down battery tray, mud guards and radio box

The only things I can think of to lighten the truck any more would be to replace the 550 motor with a 1410 and start replacing screws with aluminum or Ti.

I can't wait to get it on the track, too bad I'll have to wait until the end of the month. :^(

Chris
Chris,
Do you know how much of a weight savings the aluminum chassis braces are vs. the stock ones? Did you have any issues using the aluminum braces on the BCE chassis?
Old 07-06-2011, 06:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

how much weight is saved with the ti turnbuckles and hing pins?
Old 07-06-2011, 06:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sean Pryce
Chris,
Do you know how much of a weight savings the aluminum chassis braces are vs. the stock ones? Did you have any issues using the aluminum braces on the BCE chassis?
the aluminum weigh more than the stock plastic braces.
Old 07-06-2011, 06:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 176 (100%+)
Default LOL

Originally Posted by SaladFork
Dude you made my frickin night. After catching up on this thread tonight I nearly burst my sac laughing on the photoshops you did. I dont care who ya are, thats just funny right there.
Old 07-06-2011, 07:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I'm running the JConcepts One Size Fits Most, Raptor Body on mine. It's held up really well. I put drywall tape and shoo goo in the critical areas to strengthen it and I also made the holes for the body mounts wider than they need to be. This allows the body to move slightly during flex. It's a trick that I learned from my 1/8th scale and it works very well. I ruined the stock body on my first day out with it, yet continued to run it for about 3 weeks until my Raptor Body was painted. Very first body I ran was the Proline F-150 body that fits the Slash 4x4. I took it off my slash and had to make new mounting holes and cut the wheel wells a bit, but it fit pretty decently as long as you dont mind cutting into the body a little. Most bodys that'll fit the Blitz will fit the SCTE.

This is my JC Raptor Body on it now. I also just picked up a Proline Flo-Tek body but have to give it to my painter to do up for me.

Old 07-06-2011, 07:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

I'm running the JConcepts One Size Fits Most, Raptor Body on mine. It's held up really well. I put drywall tape and shoo goo in the critical areas to strengthen it and I also made the holes for the body mounts wider than they need to be. This allows the body to move slightly during flex. It's a trick that I learned from my 1/8th scale and it works very well. I ruined the stock body on my first day out with it, yet continued to run it for about 3 weeks until my Raptor Body was painted. Very first body I ran was the Proline F-150 body that fits the Slash 4x4. I took it off my slash and had to make new mounting holes and cut the wheel wells a bit, but it fit pretty decently as long as you dont mind cutting into the body a little. Most bodys that'll fit the Blitz will fit the SCTE.

This is my JC Raptor Body on it now. I also just picked up a Proline Flo-Tek body but have to give it to my painter to do up for me.

that's weird. i'm running the proline F150 off my slash 4x4 also. for me, the holes lined up perfectly (i also had to hack up the fenders though).
Old 07-06-2011, 07:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Hey everyone that owns either the SCTE, 810 or Ten-T:

I sent Robinson Racing an email asking them to look into producing diff gears for our vehicles. I outlined the issues we have had as well as the availability issues. I also explained that the gears/diffs are interchangeable between vehicles and are the same part numbers. That is important because it probably isnt woth making parts that can only be used in one type of vehicle. Anyone who uses Robinson Racing pinion gears knows their hardened steel pinions are the best in the industry. If they make these gears in the same steel as their pinions, they will most likely be the very last gears you ever need. Lets get these made, I suggest that everyone send an email to them at [email protected] They've already replied to my email stating that they would look into it. Its up to us to show them that there is a demand for it and its worth the tooling and setup costs for them. Group effort here, let's "Get 'er done!"
Done, nice job.
Old 07-06-2011, 07:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Asharus
Done, nice job.
+1, just e-mailed them
Old 07-06-2011, 07:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Proline F150 body doesnt fit very good you really have to hack up the rear fenders.

Jconcepts Truth body fits Perfect and is very strong

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.