Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2011, 09:11 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Casper

Lutz is the man. Super nice and helpful. He is known for putting in a fast lap or two as well!
Yeah, he kicked butt today in all three classes run. Fun day at NorCal Hobbies!

2011 noR/Cal Championship Series, Round 1 Results

It's not too late to join the fun...

http://www.norcalrcchamps.com/
Old 04-16-2011, 09:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

What screws are you guys referring to that look too short?
Old 04-16-2011, 09:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by iThinman
Yeah, he kicked butt today in all three classes run. Fun day at NorCal Hobbies!

2011 noR/Cal Championship Series, Round 1 Results

It's not too late to join the fun...

http://www.norcalrcchamps.com/
Damn, thats a nice 1/8e turnout you guys get there, Wish we could get it to take off like that around here Its till struggling a bit, but I love it.

Quickly looking at the lap times, Lutz had a faster fast lap in the 4x4 sc than anyone else in any class. The only faster laps were him in the nitro buggy and truggy. Thats some serious wheeling in a SC truck.
Old 04-16-2011, 09:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

first race w/ the new truck last nite. took TQ and won the A!!! few other losis in the field too. my buddy runnin a brand new losi too managed to break a front outer cvd. only maybe 10 mins on the truck. anybody had this isseu yet? broke right where the socket portion of the axle goes together..... btw i tried the castle 3800 w/ mmp esc and loved it. great power for our indoor track!!! good runtime too. 12mins on 5000 50c pack w/ 13t
Old 04-16-2011, 10:02 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TC3Driver97
I am not brutal on the truck, and I dont crash in style thats not why I go to the track.
yea sure you took your truck out three times and destroyed it three times not brutal at all you take it the track to brake it

I'm sure mine will brake soon I have about twenty runs on it thats a record for me so I think this truck is bullet proof
Old 04-16-2011, 10:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default cvd issue

Originally Posted by nitro0619
first race w/ the new truck last nite. took TQ and won the A!!! few other losis in the field too. my buddy runnin a brand new losi too managed to break a front outer cvd. only maybe 10 mins on the truck. anybody had this isseu yet? broke right where the socket portion of the axle goes together..... btw i tried the castle 3800 w/ mmp esc and loved it. great power for our indoor track!!! good runtime too. 12mins on 5000 50c pack w/ 13t
my friend broke 2 on indoor carpet .
Old 04-16-2011, 10:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by S/X Runner
So I raced with Lutz today. He is a freaking rocket. When there is someone that good driving near me, I apparently tense up, drive like complete crap, Try to get "the edge" and try a completely wrong tire, get super freaking nervous, etc, etc. Just a bad day overall for me, but not for Lutz...

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

By the way, one of the nicest guys I have ever met.
Ryan grew up right around here, so I have had the opportunity to run with him, I mean be smoked by him, several times. When he's on, he's near unbeatable. I hope he brings his 4X4 sct when he comes home to race this summer Maybe this is the year we have something for him......NOT!!!
Old 04-16-2011, 11:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jhautz
Damn, thats a nice 1/8e turnout you guys get there, Wish we could get it to take off like that around here Its till struggling a bit, but I love it.

Quickly looking at the lap times, Lutz had a faster fast lap in the 4x4 sc than anyone else in any class. The only faster laps were him in the nitro buggy and truggy. Thats some serious wheeling in a SC truck.
not to take anything away from him, but...

that track has two lines. one for the 1/8 scales and one for the 1/10 scales. so they weren't running on the same lines so you can't really directly compare the times. it pretty obvious he is fast as hell though...
Old 04-17-2011, 12:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Lutz was impressive. Talked with him for a few about his Durango today. His car was clearly the class of the field not only because the guy can flat out drive,but his car was just that good.Noone was gonna come close.He pedaled IMO just a little. Glad to hear the Durango guys have an answer to their own growing pains with their truck as he mentioned to me. And yes,he was not faster then 1/8 anything because as mentioned there is a 1/10 line and 1/8 line. He did win gas Buggy pretty easily. Lights out.
Old 04-17-2011, 01:01 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TC3Driver97
I got my Losi Ten-t SCTE 4x4 in March.
I was very impressed the first time I ran it around the track- it handled great, really nice truck.
All that changed when I started jumping doubles and triples!
the first Day I ran the truck I lost one of the front spring seats (no big deal, I found it on the after a short search), later in the pit, I noticed that the truck was leaning to the right- it was the front of the chassis that got bent up at the screw stops for the lower arm-so I bent it back in to place.
On the second weekend that I took the truck out to track I landed short and the rear driveshaft popped out! no big deal- loosened up some screws and put it back in place- the "only" bad part about this was the new arch in the chassis!
The third week everything was good until I landed short again but this time it was game over- front of chassis was bent down, front driveshaft popped out and so did the screws that attach the chassis brace to the front Diff.
I tried to contact Losi several times this past week but my calls were never returned.
It’s been almost three weeks and I have yet to receive the pins for my diffs and I can’t even buy them because like many parts for Ten-t’s they are out of stock.
So after running my Losi Ten-t SCTE 4x4 ONLY three times the truck needs a new chassis and some other parts that are unavailable.
So as long as you buy this truck to cruise around the track and not take any jumps-it’s great!
Just thought I would share my experience with those that are thinking of buying one of these “crafty” little things.

Can you say DejaVu.... The EXACT same thing happened to mine today.
I saw these pics and though someone snuck over and snapped shots of mine....

I cant really blame the truck though.... Weird things happen when you try to turn a triple-double into a quad- single
Old 04-17-2011, 02:33 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by silversam
Can you say DejaVu.... The EXACT same thing happened to mine today.
I saw these pics and though someone snuck over and snapped shots of mine....

I cant really blame the truck though.... Weird things happen when you try to turn a triple-double into a quad- single
You trying that Quad-Single at Mikes? I was their practicing with my Hyper 10SC Friday and I quad it 3 times in a row actually. Their were a couple people on the drivers stand who realized that I was, and were pretty much in awe actually that it could do it pretty consistently. I haven't got to race lately, but I doubt I'll be doing it much in the race unless I'm just by myself. I don't quite feel brave enough to go for it in heat of the battle.

Even though I've seen a Losi do it consistently there, it seems the lighter Hyper has an advantage if the driver is daring enough to go for it. Seems to just have that extra little power from being lighter that it needs to do it.
Old 04-17-2011, 03:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default the de wheels

ok I bought a set of wheels from the hobby store the DE ones, they didn't fit on the truck very well.they rubbed and locked up when tighten. so I figured I bought the wrong wheels. I went to a main hobbies and ordered the white scte rims on there. then after looking at the part number, I think it was the same part number as the rims I got from the shop. so I guess what I'm asking is if the DE rims are the ones that have to be modded to fit right? any help would be nice please and thankyou.

the part number I ordered are the DER-SCT-10w, not 100 percent sure that the part numbers were the same but if they were I gotta change my order cause I don't trust my self to mod the rims to fit right.
Old 04-17-2011, 06:53 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Questions?? losa 6253 drop screws

http://www.rpphobby.com/ProductDetai...tCode=LOSA6253
this may be a stupid question but here it goes.i took my losi aparts yesterday and noticed the the droop screws and maring my truck.i found the part number from the first page of this forum but i dont understand how these screws are different.my question is do you put them in with the head down so you have a larger contact patch or how do you install them to not hurt the truck frame.thanks

Last edited by pfraser2488; 04-17-2011 at 06:54 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 04-17-2011, 07:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

does anyone have a picture of where the droop screws are on the truck. I am not following where the droop screws are located.
Old 04-17-2011, 07:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

You mount those on the chassis so the droop screws ride on them instead of the chassis and chew a hole in it. You have to drill and tap a hole for the pad to go into.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.