Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 06:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bajabro
man you guys put alot of posts up quick. Unfortunately i am back on page 20something. I plan on getting one of these soon. Was going to run the novak havoc pro sc with the ballistic 4.5. never had a problem with it in my hyper 10, but was looking into the tekin RX8 with there motor. Any input?
get the tekin...i ran that combo in my jammin except the hv 4.5 motor which is basically the same. that combo ran flawless in my jammin. for what ever reason it wont cut it with the losi. some on here report good results, but not for me. i picked up a mamba max pro today. gonna try that with the hv motor. if that doesnt work, i also picked up the tekin 5.5 550 motor. hope i dont regret getting the mmp over the rx8 but funds are a lil tight!
Old 03-23-2011, 06:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by S/X Runner
Casper, hacker, Casey...

What are the size hole in the pistons? For instance #4 is 1.05mm. What are the rest of them?

Thanks guys.

Note: Salad. This might be some good info for the first post. It is really great how your keeping the first...How do I say....umm....Awesome sauce!!
He he... Good call, I posted what I saw. I will update it when I get more info on the other sizes.
Old 03-23-2011, 06:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by StPete40
Thanks for pic. I have a 2400 on the way and an MMM ESC on the bench. Looks like my next combo.

Originally Posted by MarqueeRc
I am going to order another Ten-t Scte for my nephew and me,for i have enjoyed it so much...I spoke with horizon and they told me that the next shipment of trucks should be in next week or two??Next, I inquired from both horizon and losi on if this next batch would have the corrected up to spec hardened diff-pins...They said they would have the hardened pins in the trucks, but was hoping i could get another confirmation on this info from the "factory guys"??If they are not that is fine as I could then just order the truck now from a-main or ultimate hobbies..I would rather wait to get it from horizon with the pins ready to rock!!
I would think if you spoke to Losi and Horizon and both stories lined up, you will be good.
Old 03-23-2011, 07:05 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by SaladFork

I would think if you spoke to Losi and Horizon and both stories lined up, you will be good.
You would wouldn't cha?Jk..

Last edited by MarqueeRc; 03-23-2011 at 07:19 PM.
Old 03-23-2011, 07:44 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Well I sure there are a few kinks to be worked out. Like the over tightened diff screws. I have some replacements on the way free from Horizon, but stripped out diff screws is defiantly an easy fix. I'm guessing they have a computerized torque screw installer all they need to do is adjust the toque back a little bit, maybe put some lock-tite on them if they are worried about loose diff screws. Sorry used to be in the automotive industry as a quality control supervisor for dodge. We had to log the torque of every single screw bolt you name it installed in a vehicle. Anyways I did manage to do a quick speed run with my GPS tonight with 20 tooth pinion and 40 spur I hit a nice 45.1 MPH. Not too shabby. I will say this From what I have seen the quality, and quality control at Losi is by far supurior to what I recieved from the last 4x4 I bought 6 months ago. (rhymes with taxxes) From hardware to A-ARMs this thing is built like a tank. I'm sure they were pushing super hard to beat the competition to get as many customers as possible. That's basic business, I for one knew the risks of buying a RC within the first month of production and this is my 2nd RC. So why am I not crying and moaning about every little issue? Because, this company has impressed the heck out of me. They really listen to their customers, and take the feedback and do something with it. So many people had issues with the last RC I had, and how many changes were made? None really (unless u called extending a drive shaft cover 5mm an improvement) So be glad this company is working hard at fixing these issue instead of saying tough luck, and just know that they will still get many uninformed customers to still buy. Instead the stand behind their product and are doing everything they can to help us out. I think they are going above and beyond what 99.9% of companies I have dealt with in my life time would have. Call me a fan boy if you want I have only been a Losi owner for 1 month. I hope they continue to help us out, and I will be a customer for life if they do.
Old 03-23-2011, 07:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

I am thinking about running the nre 4 pole 2400kv mamba, is there any smaller spur gear available so I can gear above the 20t pinion
Old 03-23-2011, 08:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Anyone know who has rear alum hubs in stock?

Thanks,
Roc
Old 03-23-2011, 08:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigemike
I am thinking about running the nre 4 pole 2400kv mamba, is there any smaller spur gear available so I can gear above the 20t pinion
I dont think there is a smaller spur gear. You can get the elite motor mount and run up to 25t pinion.
Old 03-23-2011, 08:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cackswayn
I dont think there is a smaller spur gear. You can get the elite motor mount and run up to 25t pinion.
I keep hearing about this motor mount and the elite chassis. Is there a link you can post to where we can purchase these parts?

Will the elite motor mount work on the stock SCTE chassis?
Old 03-23-2011, 08:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Theroc
Anyone know who has rear alum hubs in stock?

Thanks,
Roc
ya nitrohouse does, in the search type losi 810, instead of ten scte
Old 03-23-2011, 08:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snowboardgeek1
I keep hearing about this motor mount and the elite chassis. Is there a link you can post to where we can purchase these parts?

Will the elite motor mount work on the stock SCTE chassis?
yes it will, here is the eliterc site:

http://www.elitercd.com/index.php
Old 03-23-2011, 09:00 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Tires for SCTE

Just bought some new DE wheels. What tires is everyone running? If I could get some part numbers too that would be great. Thanks
Old 03-23-2011, 09:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Just got back from the track with the Losi for the first time and I must say there is no comparison to the Hyper I just sold. This thing is a beast right out of the box. We ran 3 7 min races and I put 2 laps on the 2nd place driver in each race. My motor cane off the track at 157degrees after 8 minutes on 3s. Now I will tare into the truck and make some adjustments. Losi put the fun back in Shortcourse for me!
Old 03-23-2011, 09:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Originally Posted by tgpatrsn
Just bought some new DE wheels. What tires is everyone running? If I could get some part numbers too that would be great. Thanks
I run on outdoor loose tracks. I too ordered some DE wheels (Sold out on Amain FAST)

I run the Proline Glads M2
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Truck-Tires-2
I bought 8 sets of these (hence why they are sold out lol)

I drove them with my Hyper, beefy, long lasting on dusty tracks.
Old 03-23-2011, 09:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cult Racing
ya nitrohouse does, in the search type losi 810, instead of ten scte

Cult are they reputable? (Sorry new to the RC world).

Does anyone know when we are getting pins? I got ahold of LOSI early last week and they said they are sending some.

Thanks,
Roc

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.