Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2012, 03:50 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Zebinc
My SCTE should turn up tomorrow finally, got a quick question.
In my sc10 4x4 i was running my pro 4 with just a normal 5mm pinions, with the SCTE do i have to run the mod 1 pinions? what is the difference if they are the same number teeth?
I will be running the King headz chassis if that makes a difference?

Cheers
Rob
The sc10 4x4 uses a 32 pitch or mod .8 which will not mesh correctly with a mod 1. 5mm is the shaft size of the motor.
Old 07-04-2012, 07:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thegame7
After bending a stock front axle, I'm about to go on a shopping spree What does everyone think? Tekno center driveshafts, Tekno front shaft set (waiting on the rears for now since they seem to be good still), King Headz chassis, hardened diff shim set. The rest of the truck is stock and I mainly bash with this thing. So far it's taken a beating but I've bent the stock chassis, shock towers and a front drive axle. Figure I'll take care of the chassis and axles/driveshafts now and get the rest later. Oh I also went to take a turnbuckle off the knuckle with my hand and broke a turnbuckle in half LOL I don't want to spend $57 on titanium turnbuckles right now either so stock will do.
Cheaper just to buy a new roller.
Old 07-04-2012, 07:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thegame7
After bending a stock front axle, I'm about to go on a shopping spree What does everyone think? Tekno center driveshafts, Tekno front shaft set (waiting on the rears for now since they seem to be good still), King Headz chassis, hardened diff shim set. The rest of the truck is stock and I mainly bash with this thing. So far it's taken a beating but I've bent the stock chassis, shock towers and a front drive axle. Figure I'll take care of the chassis and axles/driveshafts now and get the rest later. Oh I also went to take a turnbuckle off the knuckle with my hand and broke a turnbuckle in half LOL I don't want to spend $57 on titanium turnbuckles right now either so stock will do.
I don't have all the tekno parts, but I did snag the front center shaft and it's a VERY nice part, if the rest are as good of quality... which they appear to be they have my vote.

Stock turnbuckles are fine, but since all you do is bash maybe snag a set of the 8ight 2.0 turnbuckles off ebay and ends and mod them on the scte. I've seen this on a few and it doesn't look like it would take much and they are bigger (guys did have the carbon towers that I saw them on).

I've never owned the KH chassis while it looks great it doesn't appear look as durable as the bump or bce chassis (which I have had both of). Again that is an observation from looking at pictures of the KH chassis, not seeing it first hand. Maybe someone else has had both or all three hat can speak to that. PS my vote for best chassis is bump w/ the long brace, but all I do is race mine.
Old 07-04-2012, 07:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

I have owned the TLR chassis (which is good) as well as the KH's chassis and KH's chassis is top notch. No offense but you can not tell how good a chassis is built by just looking at it. All my buddies I race with use the KH's chassis and we are all very happy with it. For our local area here in Northern Indiana and lower Michigan we are all very competitive with it.
Old 07-04-2012, 07:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JoeC
I have owned the TLR chassis (which is good) as well as the KH's chassis and KH's chassis is top notch. No offense but you can not tell how good a chassis is built by just looking at it. All my buddies I race with use the KH's chassis and we are all very happy with it. For our local area here in Northern Indiana and lower Michigan we are all very competitive with it.
100% correct, that is why I had the disclaimers and said for someone to speak up that has owned both a bump or bce and the KH. I'd take the kh over the tlr myself any day... but again I know the quality of the bump and bce for durability and it be interesting to see someone's thoughts who can compare those. You cannot compare them either from what you stated, especially for durability between them. I can also first hand compare the TLR, but it's not as durable as the bump or bce so I left it out on purpose.

btw none of these comments have to do with racing performance... he is a basher, it was about durability

Last edited by 8ight-e; 07-04-2012 at 08:30 AM.
Old 07-04-2012, 07:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JoeC
hey bro...where you outta? Im in south central (Hillsdale)MI and we run down at stateline but havent raced there?? Nice to see other local guys on this thread...WOOT WOOT!
Old 07-04-2012, 09:11 AM
Tech Regular

Hello everyong, I got my hands on a used scte and I wondering if there is anything I should look out for before I take this bad boy out. I'm going to change the fluids in the diffs and check the gears in the diffs and change the shock oil out. Is putting the blelder shock caps on this thing worth it ? I would rather not run bladder shocks so I'm asking for opinons on switching them over. Let me know if there is anything in pacticular I should check before taking this thing out to the track. Thanks
Old 07-04-2012, 09:47 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grandturk
Cheaper just to buy a new roller.
Duly noted but rather than have 2 trucks with moderate parts, I'd rather have 1 truck with high end parts. At which point do you stop buying rollers to "save money"?

Originally Posted by 8ight-e
I don't have all the tekno parts, but I did snag the front center shaft and it's a VERY nice part, if the rest are as good of quality... which they appear to be they have my vote.

Stock turnbuckles are fine, but since all you do is bash maybe snag a set of the 8ight 2.0 turnbuckles off ebay and ends and mod them on the scte. I've seen this on a few and it doesn't look like it would take much and they are bigger (guys did have the carbon towers that I saw them on).

I've never owned the KH chassis while it looks great it doesn't appear look as durable as the bump or bce chassis (which I have had both of). Again that is an observation from looking at pictures of the KH chassis, not seeing it first hand. Maybe someone else has had both or all three hat can speak to that. PS my vote for best chassis is bump w/ the long brace, but all I do is race mine.
That's great info! I was mainly looking at replacing the axles on the front or rear but then I got to thinking about how my front shaft is probably toast and I better replace that. But if I replaced the front center shaft, I want the KH chassis because that eases the angle of the front center shaft so I won't tear up the good Tekno shaft. Ugh, never ending process!
Old 07-04-2012, 09:58 AM
Tech Apprentice

Looking to get a motor heat sink do you guys have any recommendations I run a Viper copperhead 5150 I don't have any problems with over heating but live in Florida and it gets pretty hot outside and rather be safe then sorry just want to make sure I get something thats not going to interfere with rear cntr drive shaft
Thanks Bob
Old 07-04-2012, 11:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

What's the best way to eliminate some of the slop on the rod ends and steering linkages? using dubro ends?
Old 07-04-2012, 12:14 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

anyone out there with the rear tekno driveshafts? I installed mine and when I crank the rear wheel nuts down, the rear hexes seem to bind with the carrier/bearings. I replaced the rear bearings and the problem is still there. If you spin one rear tire, the other tires does not spin at all because it is so bound up. Any ideas? The fronts and center driveshafts fit without any issue. Thanks.
Old 07-04-2012, 12:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (96%+)

Originally Posted by copey70
Hello everyong, I got my hands on a used scte and I wondering if there is anything I should look out for before I take this bad boy out. I'm going to change the fluids in the diffs and check the gears in the diffs and change the shock oil out. Is putting the blelder shock caps on this thing worth it ? I would rather not run bladder shocks so I'm asking for opinons on switching them over. Let me know if there is anything in pacticular I should check before taking this thing out to the track. Thanks
Look for stress cracks or a tweaked chassis unless you plan on changing it anyway. Check for looseness on the front steering. Listen for unusually loud diff noise or crunching from the diffs. Each can be fixed with updated parts but drives the price of the used truck down. By all means get the bleeder shock caps. It makes bleeding the shocks MUCH easier. If you cant afford to change the chassis, Take a look at the bottom of the chassis from front to back. Does is seem flat or is there a twist to it? If theres a twist its going to cost you in handling or $100 for a replacement chassis.

Originally Posted by NitrnoLuver
What's the best way to eliminate some of the slop on the rod ends and steering linkages? using dubro ends?
Get the hardened steering link balls that Losi sells. They tighten up the steering incredibly.
Old 07-04-2012, 01:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

ok, I am wanting to try this truck out again but some of my parts are old so I am trying to decide whether to update some of the parts...like a-arms, all the rod ends, and chassis..everything else would be pretty much new(especially all the TLR goodies, I bought them but never installed them
Old 07-04-2012, 01:16 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by JRL 13
anyone out there with the rear tekno driveshafts? I installed mine and when I crank the rear wheel nuts down, the rear hexes seem to bind with the carrier/bearings. I replaced the rear bearings and the problem is still there. If you spin one rear tire, the other tires does not spin at all because it is so bound up. Any ideas? The fronts and center driveshafts fit without any issue. Thanks.
I'm using them right now and I personally didn't have an issue with them but our engineer (Brandon) had his bind up for some reason .... so it seems to be a case to case issue. To fix the problem he brought back the shoulder of the axle about .0010. This would be the flat part that meets the bearing towards the inside of the car. Hope this helps.
Old 07-04-2012, 01:22 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MIP MATT
I'm using them right now and I personally didn't have an issue with them but our engineer (Brandon) had his bind up for some reason .... so it seems to be a case to case issue. To fix the problem he brought back the shoulder of the axle about .0010. This would be the flat part that meets the bearing towards the inside of the car. Hope this helps.
Thanks for the info. Thats kinda what I thought was causing the problem. Probably just an inconsistancy with anodizing thickness?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.