Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2012, 08:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Losi57
When using the ec5 conectors can you replace the birdcage part of the connector with a tekin or protek bullet because im definately do not like the birdcage part of the connector.
I have been using the HK EC5 connectors with the birdcage style bullet and they been working great , no more heat than was there before running Deans and Traxxas . The only thing I dont like is they are very hard to reuse/resolder if the wire breaks off as the metal inserts snap into the plastic housing pretty tightly .

Losi does have an EC5 connector that uses the solid male bullet instead of the bridcage type buy they are like 5 bucks a pair .
Old 06-30-2012, 09:00 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Jake C6R
I run a 13T pinion on a 1/10 track and temps are not a problem. Actually the way I understand it running too small a pinion on a large track can also cause temps to rise because the motor is revving high all the time. You have to gear for the track you are running on. What size is it?
The track is not particularly big, I'm currently running a 14t and ending up with 194F temp.
What would be the right current limiter setting? Would that help lower temp?
Old 06-30-2012, 09:53 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fivenines
The track is not particularly big, I'm currently running a 14t and ending up with 194F temp.
I would drop to 13 and see how it does. Could also be other things like too much wheelspin from a current limiter set too high.
Old 06-30-2012, 09:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fivenines
drop to 13T if you have one available and on a smaller track i would think 60-70 is where most run the CL setting
Old 06-30-2012, 12:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (96%+)

I run a 15 tooth pinion on the same esc/motor combo and truck. Thats on a mid size track. It comes off at 140. Im running no limiter but I dont continually hammer the throttle either. Using alot of brake can heat things up more too. When I went from 14 to 15 my temps were nearly the same or alittle (2-5 degrees ) lower. I think too many are gearing this thing like a brushed motor. Its a torque motor and if you keep it in it power band it will run cooler and more efficient. Also check to see how much rolling resistance your truck has without the motor in. If it rolls a ways without the motor in then its not the truck causing the extra heat.
Old 06-30-2012, 01:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mxer59
Ok thanks for the input. Is flex better or stiffness? Sorry if a stupid question
I like the King Headz for the fact less stress on drive lines.
If I do TLR will probably get Torque Rod aswell
Keep in mind most here don't have 3 trucks with each truck running a different chassis. Point being it's next to impossible to say one is faster or slower. To many other variables involved.
All of the them are good. Pick which one you like.

I have owned both the BCE and KH. Running KH now
Old 06-30-2012, 01:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 168 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BashemSmashem
Losi does have an EC5 connector that uses the solid male bullet instead of the bridcage type buy they are like 5 bucks a pair .
ProMatch to the rescue: They sell EC5s M/F with the solid male bullet for $2/set plus you can buy just the males or just the females for $1/set (meaning 1 housing and the 2 required terminals).
Old 06-30-2012, 02:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

I need help! :O

What's up guys - I've had this truck for a while and love it. I just found out that my track allows 3s, so I bought one to stay competitive. I just can't run it, though. Temps are nuts. I have a TORO 4x4 SC ESC and the 4000kv 550 motor:

http://www.ultimaterc.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=137055

The popular Tenshocks are rebrands of these.

I ran for a little over a minute on my track with this combo and a 12t pinion. Motor got to 160 with a MASSIVE heatsink on it, and the ESC got up to about 150. Dang! I have some cheaper 4mm bullets between the motor and esc, these got to 150* as well. This is with punch control at 50% and low timing. Sheesh!

Got a few questions.
1. What role do the cheapo bullets play?
2. Does punch controlling actually raise temps?
3. Shouldn't regular 12-14 guage wire be able to handle 3s? Is it normal for it to get hot?
4. What kind of motor would I need to run comfortable temps on 3s in this heavy pig? Is it possible for a 550?
5. Is it ok to adjust timing on sensorless motors?

Thanks a ton, guys. I really appreciate the advice!
Old 06-30-2012, 03:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AMP-RC

What's up guys - I've had this truck for a while and love it. I just found out that my track allows 3s, so I bought one to stay competitive. I just can't run it, though. Temps are nuts. I have a TORO 4x4 SC ESC and the 4000kv 550 motor:

I ran for a little over a minute on my track with this combo and a 12t pinion. Motor got to 160 with a MASSIVE heatsink on it, and the ESC got up to about 150. Dang! I have some cheaper 4mm bullets between the motor and esc, these got to 150* as well. This is with punch control at 50% and low timing. Sheesh!

Got a few questions.
3. Shouldn't regular 12-14 guage wire be able to handle 3s? Is it normal for it to get hot?
4. What kind of motor would I need to run comfortable temps on 3s in this heavy pig? Is it possible for a 550?

I'm not a expert but from my understandings higher Kv motors are not made to run on anything above 2s. If you run a little lower kv motor on 3s your temps should be ok (pro4 3800kv I believe are rated for 3s and will be just as fast cause of more power. Also with 3s you could run a 1/8 system with high Kv rating motor like 2650kv for example.
Old 06-30-2012, 03:10 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Would 5-7-3 be a good carpet set up?
Old 06-30-2012, 03:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I posted last week about smoking my pro 4 and asked for suggestions about what motor to buy next. Thank you to everyone for their input. I was fixing to order a tenshock when I decided to call tekin. I told them what happened (rotor delaminated) and that it was well out of warranty. I asked if it was worth sending in or should I just buy a new motor. I was surprised when he told me to def send it in that if was not able to be repaired they would swap it for a brand new one for $73. Also about six months ago I had a problem with my rx8 which they had just repaired. I called up and told them that I had a big race the following week. They shipped me out a brand new one that same day for $165 and then refunded the money on my card a couple of days later when they received the one I sent back. I'm not knocking any of the other brands but to me that kind of customer service is worth spending the extra money on. I guess its official, I'm a Tekin fan.
Old 06-30-2012, 04:03 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lawnmowerjockey
I posted last week about smoking my pro 4 and asked for suggestions about what motor to buy next. Thank you to everyone for their input. I was fixing to order a tenshock when I decided to call tekin. I told them what happened (rotor delaminated) and that it was well out of warranty. I asked if it was worth sending in or should I just buy a new motor. I was surprised when he told me to def send it in that if was not able to be repaired they would swap it for a brand new one for $73. Also about six months ago I had a problem with my rx8 which they had just repaired. I called up and told them that I had a big race the following week. They shipped me out a brand new one that same day for $165 and then refunded the money on my card a couple of days later when they received the one I sent back. I'm not knocking any of the other brands but to me that kind of customer service is worth spending the extra money on. I guess its official, I'm a Tekin fan.
+1
They are definately a class act in the RC biz for sure!
Old 06-30-2012, 04:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AMP-RC

Got a few questions.

I found the Toro runs very cool and gives more run time. You are using way too much motor for 3s, try a 2150 or something similar.
Old 06-30-2012, 04:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slotmachine
I found the Toro runs very cool and gives more run time. You are using way too much motor for 3s, try a 2150 or something similar.
Wish there was a toro in that rating.
Old 06-30-2012, 04:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)
Default scte torque rod

hi,

anyone mod the stock chassis for the torque rod? mine doesnt line up anywhere so i used a rc8b aluminum rear brace (modded) to stiffen the rear.

ill end up with a new flex chassis to accept either brace but is there in fact a new hole needed for the torque rod on the stock chassis?

mip bypass shock kit is epic by the way..........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.