Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 04:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brushless420
If you dont need the actual cup and insert you can get this.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Team-Losi-Ra...item2eb7e761ff
Ahhh thats what I was lookin for. My cup and insert look ok for now, but I def need new rings and gasket. Got one on the way from losipartshouse! THANKS!
Old 09-21-2011, 05:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07
Because everybody keeps gobbling them up to have as spares, lol. We are working on expediting them.
lol, i've had 3 of those for a few months now sitting in a box along with diff gears. just need some hd outdrives and pins and maybe another spur, rings/pinions to have a complete backup set.
Old 09-21-2011, 06:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SoCal Jared
Wow bummer, I guess I might have to go back to the buggy for a month then. I have been running my center diff case with no shims because my gasket is so smashed I can't tighten the cap down without the gears binding. Any suggestions Ryan? THANKS!
I have one I will be at WCRC tomorrow night if you want it
Old 09-21-2011, 08:24 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Chase1472
I have one I will be at WCRC tomorrow night if you want it
Wow! Thanks man! I really appreciate that. I will be there (WCRC) for most of the night and would be glad to give you some $ for the part. I drive a neon yellow SCTE and usually pit on the side closet to the front door. Thanks again!
Old 09-22-2011, 12:06 AM
Tech Rookie

540 4-pole motors or 550 are both good. Right now it's a pretty general consensus that the Tekin Pro4 540 4-pole motor is the best on the market for this truck. Which kv to use is dependent on your track. There are other great options as well, but if you want the best of the best, the Pro4 is it right now. I was running the Castle 1410 before and also loved it, but the Pro4 is other worldly 550's are going to go the way of the dinosaur in my opinion. Great for the time and filled the gap needed until the 4-pole motors started hitting in masses. 540 4-poles offer more torque, better top end and the motors are lighter. Advantages in every possible area.

I'm running the Hitec 7955 TG and it's doing very well.
Thanks scotty for taking the time to give me some information.

i see that you are a rookie so ill take it eazy on you. all you have to do it go up about 10 pages. i litterally just asked this question a week ago. read through a few pages before you ask. i know its hard to look through 1300+ pages of post but atleast look through a few
Gee thanks for your help. I will make sure I always troll through 1300 pages of sometimes crap to find the answer im looking for. 1300 pages and you expect me to find your post. Get a grip!
Old 09-22-2011, 12:35 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)

Wow bummer, I guess I might have to go back to the buggy for a month then. I have been running my center diff case with no shims because my gasket is so smashed I can't tighten the cap down without the gears binding. Any suggestions Ryan? THANKS!
Jared...

I have them in stock at West Coast...We also got more of the TLR tuning kits and all of the seperate tuning parts and sping sets..
Old 09-22-2011, 12:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by adamb

Gee thanks for your help. I will make sure I always troll through 1300 pages of sometimes crap to find the answer im looking for. 1300 pages and you expect me to find your post. Get a grip!
This thread is a Brother-Hood of souls who love this truck!Jus cuzz some guy with a Slashy name (who has been here maybe a week?) Decides to start directing traffic LOL Does not make it the norm? Sure there is info at the 1st page an What -Not... Ask away ,Thats`s why we are here !!My truck kicks but what the Hell is there left to talk about besides those who still seek the answer?For crying out Mustard Bobby!

Last edited by BmainStar; 09-22-2011 at 12:44 AM. Reason: cuzz ,had to throw in sum Punk u ation!
Old 09-22-2011, 12:48 AM
Tech Regular

Tonight on the SCTE...
Tore down all 3 diffs and replaced my front gearbox since it stripped out on the upper bumper support.
Also added the rest of the tuning kit, probably should have waited since I'm going for the flex chasis & torque rod tomorrow
Also added the HD outdrives and they definitely reduced most of the slop that existed in the drive line.
Finally, covered my CV/gearbox sleeves in grease to help reduce heat,
I finally had to replace my front/center sleeve because the pin kept falling through.
Old 09-22-2011, 01:05 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Casper
If the driver is happy then I would not change a thing. If you want to try more steering then try 5 in the front diff.

For your next set of tires you should think about enduro's. Ran those at the last JBRL after trying gridirons and loved the enduro's!
Ya the Gridirons really only turn on with the lower ambient temps and moisture adhesion for sure ,I will grab some Enduros which alot of people run there,to add some options .Thanx!
Old 09-22-2011, 01:12 AM
Tech Master

Tonight on the SCTE...
Tore down all 3 diffs and replaced my front gearbox since it stripped out on the upper bumper support.
Also added the rest of the tuning kit, probably should have waited since I'm going for the flex chasis & torque rod tomorrow
Also added the HD outdrives and they definitely reduced most of the slop that existed in the drive line.
I finally had to replace my front/center sleeve because the pin kept falling through.
Hey Jared, and all you So Cal guys.Want to have a SCTE So-Cal shootout? Pegasus hobbies is having a Short Coarse National Oct 22 and would love to see some of you guys come out and race at my Home Track!!!More info coming soon!I quess it is a National cuzz no international drivers will be there LOL..Our program does need more racers on a weekly basis as well! Thanx ..Riverdale.
Old 09-22-2011, 01:15 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by lbckevin
Jared...

I have them in stock at West Coast...We also got more of the TLR tuning kits and all of the seperate tuning parts and sping sets..
Ohh cool Kevin, I figured you guys would be out too since it looks like all the online retailers and also my LHS were out. Never doubt the WCRC!
I will be seeing you guys tomorrow.
Old 09-22-2011, 01:24 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by BmainStar
Hey Jared, and all you So Cal guys.Want to have a SCTE So-Cal shootout? Pegasus hobbies is having a Short Coarse National Oct 22 and would love to see some of you guys come out and race at my Home Track!!!More info coming soon!I quess it is a National cuzz no international drivers will be there LOL..Our program does need more racers on a weekly basis as well! Thanx ..Riverdale.
Hey thanks for the invite bro, I would definitely love to come and check out the track at Pegasus sometime soon. Right now I do the majority of my driving at WCRC in La Mirada and I just started racing there a couple weeks ago. The facility is top notch, the layout is always changing and the clay is flawless. Plus all the people there are really friendly! Our group usually has 5-6+ SCTEs there on Thurs and Sat, come join us anytime!
Old 09-22-2011, 02:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by adamb
No problem Adam, if you have any other questions, ask away. I haven't been on here as much as I normally am lately but still love to help people out any time I get a chance.
This thread is a Brother-Hood of souls who love this truck!Jus cuzz some guy with a Slashy name (who has been here maybe a week?) Decides to start directing traffic LOL Does not make it the norm? Sure there is info at the 1st page an What -Not... Ask away ,Thats`s why we are here !!My truck kicks but what the Hell is there left to talk about besides those who still seek the answer?For crying out Mustard Bobby!
Agree, most of the people in this thread are really helpful and it totally is like a brotherhood in this thread, unlike any other thread I've ever seen on here or probably any forum. Sometimes you gotta smack your own to keep things straight, but for the most part everyone's helpful and contributes in one way or another.
That sounds like a lot of fun! I think I'll have to pencil it in!
Old 09-22-2011, 04:12 AM
Tech Regular

Tonight on the SCTE...

what are these pins and sleeves I hear people talk about stuff falling out of.

at the moment nothing on my truck looks like it will fall off?
theres a couple other guys at my track with the same truck and they have no idea about it either
Old 09-22-2011, 05:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

I may be entering that on the 22nd. I just started practicing on Pegasus track. Didnt used to go there because the upkeep on the track was crap, but that was about a year ago. Went there recently and it was alright. The truck handles awesome with 5-7-3 at that track on stock tires.

Its funny, ive practice there for about 2 weeks so far and I always draw a crowd because I'm just dam fast out there. I did convince some new people to buy a losi over a slash. On practice, there are a TON of Traxxas trucks out there. Makes me laugh lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.