Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2011, 06:50 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Xchange
so pretty a good school for 1/8 scale hehe

Do you need a lot of option parts on the SCTE ?

Thanks
Hey Guys,

I m try to figure out which ESC is better to use with the SCTE, some guys run the RX8 but i think is a bit to much for a 1/10 scale right ?

What is Dustin Evan's ESC ?

And which motor is better to use one it ? 550 ? 540 ?

Many Thanks

You want the Rx8 buddy, Trust us. 540 to 550 is a choice thing, I just recently got my Pro 4 and Must say its A Step above the 550 i was previously running. Scored 2nd in Our Canadian RCPro Finals race this past weekend.
Old 09-20-2011, 06:56 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Springs

Hi All,
I have seen it recommended a few times to run Black front and Orange rear for springs. Does this apply to a full weight SCTE as well or a light one? My local track is hard packed dry dirt, any advice would be greatly appreciates
Old 09-20-2011, 06:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brazman
Hi All,
I have seen it recommended a few times to run Black front and Orange rear for springs. Does this apply to a full weight SCTE as well or a light one? My local track is hard packed dry dirt, any advice would be greatly appreciates
I ran it when I had the stock chassis and still run it on the TLR chassis. The factory guys all have the TLR chassis and it's what they run.
Old 09-20-2011, 07:27 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Here's mine,

Been running for a few weeks now.

Wanted to post a Youtube vid but I'm too green in this forum
Attached Thumbnails Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread-losi_scte_02.jpg   Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread-losi_scte_03.jpg  
Old 09-20-2011, 07:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Talking about 1/8 esc anyone use the Speed Passion silver arrow?
What are your thoughts on that one?
Old 09-20-2011, 07:45 AM
Tech Adept

I have the Silver Arrow esc in my Hyper 9e, works great.
But if it will work in a SC, on 2s lipo?
I think not!
Old 09-20-2011, 07:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Hey Guys,

I m try to figure out which ESC is better to use with the SCTE, some guys run the RX8 but i think is a bit to much for a 1/10 scale right ?

Many Thanks
dustin run orion becuase thats his sponsor with a novak 4.5. You cant even get the esc hes running yet should be out in couple months. The rx8 is what everyone runs and works very well.
Old 09-20-2011, 07:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

no, really, why? 7.4 too weak for it?
Old 09-20-2011, 08:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Originally Posted by Integra
You want the Rx8 buddy, Trust us. 540 to 550 is a choice thing, I just recently got my Pro 4 and Must say its A Step above the 550 i was previously running. Scored 2nd in Our Canadian RCPro Finals race this past weekend.
Thanks !!!

So for me i was not really attracted by SC haha, but want to improve my 1/8 driving skills and i think the SCTE is the best plateform to do that because it's an 8ight... so for the Canadian Winter, it's a must to have haha... there is few tune i can read on the first page.. but the chassis need to be replaced or the stock one is ok?

thanks to all for all of your information guys!
Old 09-20-2011, 08:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Thanks !!!

So for me i was not really attracted by SC haha, but want to improve my 1/8 driving skills and i think the SCTE is the best plateform to do that because it's an 8ight... so for the Canadian Winter, it's a must to have haha... there is few tune i can read on the first page.. but the chassis need to be replaced or the stock one is ok?

thanks to all for all of your information guys!
stock chassis is fine, I ran it for 4 months. Just buy the pro4/rx8/springs/ run aaron lanes set up. It really does help you when you switch back to 1/8 buggy.
Old 09-20-2011, 08:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

Thanks for posting this for me.

Old 09-20-2011, 08:54 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Chase1472
dustin run orion becuase thats his sponsor with a novak 4.5. You cant even get the esc hes running yet should be out in couple months. The rx8 is what everyone runs and works very well.
Everyone huh? There is Viper, MMP and both work equally well.
Old 09-20-2011, 08:58 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK
brushless has a point. how is this issue any different than the diff pins? while true that it takes normal wear and tear for the part's defect to show up, it's premature wear and tear that's the issue here. if losi re-designed the part due to the number of failures, IMO it does become a CS issue. for me, when mine gave way i'd had the truck for a while so i did consider it normal wear and tear. for people that have had the truck for a month and it gives way, to me, that's either a manufacturing defect or a design defect. either way, it most definitely should be a CS issue. especially when people have fixed it 3, 4, 5 times since they've had their truck.

i dunno. i guess i see both sides. while the number of failures hasn't been as great as the diff pin issue, most have had to deal with it. i think it's somewhere in between the updated rear bumper and the diff pins. i don't necessarily think losi should foot the bill for everyone to get the updated part (like the diff pins), but i don't think it should all be out of pocket for the customer (like the bumper). if there was a solution in the middle, i think it would satisfy most customers. i'm just not sure what it is.
The diff pins were wrong. They were way too soft and wore out almost immediately. The drive shaft issue usually shows up a couple months in. Parts start to wear, the coupler looses it's grease and you get some failures. Just because they improve something does not make the old one a bad design. That is like saying everyone should get free carbon towers, alum rear hubs and adjustable pivots. Many have not had any issues with the center drive shafts and the plastic sleeve. some have shot out the pins over time. There is another design with a setscrew to hold the center coupler pin in place but anyone running CVD's know this is not always the answer as this option can fail just as well. Parts will wear out over time and need to be replaced. You can't expect everything to last forever!

Hey Guys,

Many Thanks
The RX8 is a GREAT speedo for this truck. There are a small handful of "10th scale" ESC's that can handle the big motors in these trucks. LRP TC speedo's with fans seem to work, Viper 10R works, Dustin uses the new Orion Vortex R10 pro.

Std 2 pole 540 motors don't do well in this truck. Either a 550 size motor or a 4 pol 540 are the best options.

I love my RX8 Pro-4 4600 combo in my truck. Motor is light weight but produces a TON of power and the RX8 D2 mode helps with efficeincy while maintaining great sensored control on the bottom!
Originally Posted by rcguy76559
i just got the adjustable rear hinge pin holder set. Is front block anti squat and rear block for toe? The instructions doesn't say just says angles.
Old 09-20-2011, 09:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper
That is like saying everyone should get free carbon towers, alum rear hubs and adjustable pivots.
I have those things, gift card is cool, thanks.
Old 09-20-2011, 09:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Asharus
Not sure what Dustin uses but IMO the RX8/Pro4 4600kv motor is the best choice right now. A lot of people like the Castle 1410 4 pole too, unsensored.
I like my 1410/mmp combo...i did get to drive another truck w/ the pro4/new orion esc and it was sweet....a lil more rip than mine and stayed reasonably cool too...just another option for an esc

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.