Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 09:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kcobra
Do the following DE Racing wheels work with the stock SCTE? The description says something about "Designed for use with DE Racing Hub Nutz". Not sure what those are. Link:

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...low-2-TEN-SCTE

These are the only yellow SCTE wheels I see on Amain. I want some yellow rims.
I have 2 sets of the DE racing trinadads on my scte...no issue. I have one set yellow
Old 09-08-2011, 09:14 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by kcobra
Do the following DE Racing wheels work with the stock SCTE? The description says something about "Designed for use with DE Racing Hub Nutz". Not sure what those are. Link:

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...low-2-TEN-SCTE

These are the only yellow SCTE wheels I see on Amain. I want some yellow rims.
Yes they work... The hub nut is like a hub cap for your wheel nut.
Old 09-08-2011, 09:33 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kylesfv
Gonna pick up a tekin pro4 what gearing would you reccomend for the 4000Kv on a tight indoor clay track.?
thanks

I picked up a 12 and 13, cant wait to run the pro 4 4000
Old 09-08-2011, 09:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

It's been a while since I've had a scte. I've got two Durango desc410r's and now another losi scte.....I've had two hyper 10sc' s two jammins and a sc10 4x4.... Out of all of these my first losi was the most durable but my deranges have been the fastest.....I'm eager to give this new losi a try. I'm going to check out some of the newer set ups and I'll let you guys know how this truck stacks up to the Durango....we all already know it seems to have an edge o the associated for now.
Old 09-08-2011, 09:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jason Snyder
It's been a while since I've had a scte. I've got two Durango desc410r's and now another losi scte.....I've had two hyper 10sc' s two jammins and a sc10 4x4.... Out of all of these my first losi was the most durable but my deranges have been the fastest.....I'm eager to give this new losi a try. I'm going to check out some of the newer set ups and I'll let you guys know how this truck stacks up to the Durango....we all already know it seems to have an edge o the associated for now.
We already saw how the Losi stacked up at the 4wd SC nationals.
Old 09-09-2011, 02:02 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jason Snyder
I'm interested in what you have to say in an unbiased opinion. I've seen the Dingo's be fast, REALLY fast. But I've also seen them break...A LOT! At the Surf City race there was a few that broke and one guy had to resort to his back up truck which was an SC10 4x4. I've talked to a few Dingo owners and they love how the truck handles and drives, but hate how it gets pushed around and breaks if you look at it wrong lol Welcome back to the Losi game. It's changed quite a bit since the first trucks rolled out. Now there's finally upgrades that are available all over the place and a lot of options when doing so now.
Old 09-09-2011, 03:20 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
I'm interested in what you have to say in an unbiased opinion. I've seen the Dingo's be fast, REALLY fast. But I've also seen them break...A LOT! At the Surf City race there was a few that broke and one guy had to resort to his back up truck which was an SC10 4x4. I've talked to a few Dingo owners and they love how the truck handles and drives, but hate how it gets pushed around and breaks if you look at it wrong lol Welcome back to the Losi game. It's changed quite a bit since the first trucks rolled out. Now there's finally upgrades that are available all over the place and a lot of options when doing so now.

This is not a Durango thread, but the Durango is a pure bread race truck. It's not made to be crashed. If you're gonna crash then the Durango is not for you. If your track has drivers that cant race clean and you cant get away from them, its not for you. Might not be as "durable" but they make up for it in the setup department. It is a drivers truck. Honestly is nothing like it.

Though the Losi stacks up just fine against any of them. We all know it's all driver. Each of them can run the same laptimes.
Old 09-09-2011, 04:34 AM
Tech Master

Got my first SC truck going this week. Went with the RX8 and Castle 1410 3800kv. Drove it box stock for less than a battery and pulled it off the track. Diff oil change was a must... Plus never driven a SC (only 1/8 e-buggy), I need a LOT of track time before even thinking about being on the track during a race. It was like trying to get a brick around the track. Not to mention....it has a ZERO glide factor. This is gonna take some getting used to...
Old 09-09-2011, 05:35 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Almost done all snr parts first race tomorrow what rear brace do you guys recommend? Running outdoors 1/8 size tracks mostly
Old 09-09-2011, 06:46 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

figured i'd throw this offer here
anyone interested in trading there losi scte roller for my durango dex410r roller?
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...losi-scte.html
Old 09-09-2011, 09:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 226 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911

I agree with this. At my local track there are two guys that have Durangos and I have seen them break quite a bit. It looks like the arms are made of graphite material? I really like the Durango truck though.

My Losi did break one time (Rear turnbuckle snapped) but that was because I was run into by another Losi on the front straight..
Old 09-09-2011, 10:20 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by PorTX
Got my first SC truck going this week. Went with the RX8 and Castle 1410 3800kv. Drove it box stock for less than a battery and pulled it off the track. Diff oil change was a must... Plus never driven a SC (only 1/8 e-buggy), I need a LOT of track time before even thinking about being on the track during a race. It was like trying to get a brick around the track. Not to mention....it has a ZERO glide factor. This is gonna take some getting used to...
Don't agree at all...but I guess it's all personal preference....
Old 09-09-2011, 10:30 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by larlev
Don't agree at all...but I guess it's all personal preference....

X2 My truck out of the box is DIALED.
Old 09-09-2011, 10:44 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sbales
I picked up a 12 and 13, cant wait to run the pro 4 4000
Granted I run on a little larger track that has more flowing layouts but I run a 13T on my 4600. I think you may end up being under geared with 12/13 tooth an the 4000
Old 09-09-2011, 10:57 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I've. Been running mine for about 2 weeks coming from a jammin. The losi is an awesome truck! I even love the stock tires on high bite clay! A little sauce and they get really sticky!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.