Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Pictures of a Losi XXX-SCT Short Course Truck. >

Pictures of a Losi XXX-SCT Short Course Truck.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pictures of a Losi XXX-SCT Short Course Truck.

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2009, 12:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rustler20
what arms did you use?
Originally Posted by *Chrominator*
Those are the stock Losi MF1 arms.
Originally Posted by Neu_Racer
ANYWAY,
That is a bad ass looking ride and very custom. I love people's sense of style and originality. VERY good job.
Thanks Neu.
Old 10-05-2009, 01:19 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by trx450racer174
I was wondering if you had any pics of the body mounts on the XXXT SCT.
I started modding my CR truck tonight thanks for you front spindle trick it worked out great. Now i need to lengthen my chassis I'm gonna do a double deck C/F chassis with some of the original front and rear of the chassis grafted on to it.
Thanks for your inspiration i have looked into modding my trucks for some time now and was gonna change arms and such but you have simplified it a lot.
trx, on the front body mounts, it was pretty easy. I used the stock SC10 body mount, all I did is dremel the front of the Losi body mounts flat, as you can see in this picture.

The grooves below the mounts are not needed, I made those in my first attempt to mount just the upright part of the SC10 body mounts.
Then all I did is line the body mount up to the the shock tower, and drilled and tap two 4/40 flat screws to hold it to the tower, as you can see in these next two pictures.

When I finished that, the body post were pointing back at about the same angle as the shock tower, so I heated them up with my heat gun, so that they were pointing straight up, as you can see in this picture.

On the rear mounts, I again used the complete stock SC10 rear motor Gard, bumper and body mount.
Unbelievably the SC10 motor Gard bolted right on to my Losi Gen2 rear T-plate and tranny mount with no mods, at first, but was a little crooked.

So I had to drill one hole to make it straight, you can see here in this next pic.

Then I noticed that the part of the SC10 bump/body mount that would normally mount to the tranny, looked like it would mount to the losi motor plate pretty easy. All I had to do is make two spacers, one long, just a little less than the thickness of the tranny, and one short, approximately 1/8'' , as you can see in this picture.

Then I tried to think of a way to mount the front part of the SC10 mount that mounts to the shock tower, at first it went way past the front of the Losi rear shock tower, as you can see in this picture.

Then I thought if I could cut off the bottom two mounts flush with the back of the shock tower, and bend the top flat plate down, to meet up with the two bottom mounts (which by the way the two holes in the top plate lined up perfectly with the two bottom mounts), I could make a sandwich kind of mounting way to attach it to the Losi shock tower, with out having to drill or glue it anything.
As you can see in the next couple of pictures.

I had to make a small back plate and two small spacers to make it work, as you can see in this next picture.

I think the hole rear Assembly turn out pretty good,and looks pretty factory, and is just as strong as how it would be on the SC10.

Well really the only thing I have not shown is how I attached the front bumper. It was pretty easy as well. I used the complete stock front bumper Assembly.
First I lined up the bottom part of the skid plate, over the original Losi skid plate, and drilled the two original Associated holes into the Losi skid plate. As you can see in the next two pictures.

Then drilled the four Losi holes back through the Associated plate.

Then I counter sunk the four new holes.

Then I mounted it.

Then to mount the top part of the front bumper, I looked at the how the original mounted to the front tower, but that mount did not come close to the Losi front tower. So I decided to see if I could bend it down to mount to the front of the Losi bulk head. And I noticed that the two Associated. mounting holes lined up almost perfectly with the two holes in the front of the Losi bulk head ,(if you drill them all the way through, which I have done for a long time to get more threads, so those screws wont strip out.) So I just got longer screws and attached it like this.

Then I heated it up, and bent it over till it met the front skid plate like this.

And wallaa, that was it, except it pulled the front bumper up a little, which I later fond out that it pushed the body up to high.

So I ended up drilling two new holes a little lower, as you can see here.

That's pretty much it for now, I post more pictures, when I get more done.

Last edited by *Chrominator*; 10-05-2009 at 03:25 AM.
Old 10-05-2009, 12:35 PM
Tech Regular

how can i tell the difference between an MF1 chassis and a MF2 or will it not make a difference on which one I use
Old 10-05-2009, 01:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

wont make a difference maby with the tranny but not with the chassis
Old 10-05-2009, 01:22 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rustler20
how can i tell the difference between an MF1 chassis and a MF2 or will it not make a difference on which one I use
MF1 & 2 Chassis are the same length, the new XXXT-CR Chassis is about a 1/4'' longer.
I screwed up when I was measuring mine, I wanted the Wheelbase with the hubs forward to be the same length as the SC10 and with hubs back it would be the same as the Slash.
If that's what you want , then what ever chassis your using, from the front of the chassis were the front kick plate attach's to were the rear T-plate attach's, your measurement should be
8 5/8'' long, which is the first red line, mine is 8 3/4'' as you can see in this picture.

Last edited by *Chrominator*; 10-05-2009 at 02:09 PM.
Old 10-05-2009, 02:21 PM
AMZ
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I am glad people are still fabricating their own stuff, I thought it was a lost art form.

Well done!
Old 10-05-2009, 04:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Very cool, chrome! nice work
Old 10-05-2009, 04:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Wow, this totally rocks. Great job.
Old 10-05-2009, 04:44 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BigNasty
Very cool, chrome! nice work
Originally Posted by Gigasipke
Wow, this totally rocks. Great job.
Thanks guys.

Originally Posted by AMZ
I am glad people are still fabricating their own stuff, I thought it was a lost art form.
Well done!
Thanks AMZ, my ultimate real job was to be a Race Car Engineer/Designer/Fabricator, doing this kind of thing with RC Cars, allows me a way to live a small part of my dream.
Old 10-05-2009, 04:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Good Job

Hi ya Chrominator...good fabbing there. You need to sell your idea to Losi cause they Struckout with the Strike....
Old 10-05-2009, 04:59 PM
Tech Master

I think anyone who converts the their XXXT in a XXX-SC should call it a "Chrominator" !

I'm still trying to finish my Slitz, I'm picking up a Strike Sat., and I have a Blitz on order to add to my SC10, and Aftershock 8e. Then I'm starting on my "Chrominator" .
Old 10-05-2009, 06:03 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Crawler
I think anyone who converts the their XXXT in a XXX-SC should call it a "Chrominator" !

I'm still trying to finish my Slitz, I'm picking up a Strike Sat., and I have a Blitz on order to add to my SC10, and Aftershock 8e. Then I'm starting on my "Chrominator" .
That's seriously funny, as flattering as that is, it doesn't have a cool ring to it. We definitely need to come up with a cool name for it, I'll throw the first one out, how about, '' The Stroke'' Stroke me Stroke me !!!
or the XXX-Stroke.

Who else has got one ?
Old 10-05-2009, 06:09 PM
Tech Regular

would you be willing to compile a list of sc10 parts numbers that i would need to make something this beast
Old 10-05-2009, 06:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

All I have to say is YOU ARE THE MAN!!!!!!!!(*chominator*)

Thank you for all the detailed pictures and explanations...

Now of only Losi would catch on here!!
Just release the XXX-SCT!!!!!
Old 10-05-2009, 06:12 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by *Chrominator*
That's seriously funny, as flattering as that is, it doesn't have a cool ring to it. We definitely need to come up with a cool name for it, I'll throw the first one out, how about, '' The Stroke'' Stroke me Stroke me !!!
or the XXX-Stroke.

Who else has got one ?
Ok, how about the "Spike"? Like what you'll do to a volley ball on the court, or a Strike on the track?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.