Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2013, 06:59 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Datzme101
I don't race and I get half my enjoyment out of just building the thing so I don't feel like I necessarily need it all (i'll buy it if I break it), I was more just interested because the description clearly says aluminum. Does anyone know for certain?

This is the Radio Controlled, Electric Powered, 1/10 scale
Off-Road DEX410Rv3 Buggy Kit from Team Durango.
The differences between the DEX410Rv3 and DEX410v3 are as follows:
DEX410Rv3_______________________DEX410v3
Aluminum Shock Towers____________Carbon Fiber Shock Towers
Composite Caster Blocks____________Aluminum Caster Blocks
Composite Rear Brace______________Carbon Fiber Rear Brace
Standard Shocks__________________Big Bore Shocks
Composite Suspension Mounts_______Carbon Fiber Suspension Mounts
Optional Front/rear sway bar_________ Standard Front/rear Sway bar
RR Anti squat composite _________RR anti squat Aluminum w/composite insert
Composite front susp pin holder_______Aluminum Front Susp pin holder

These are a few other extras I noticed in the kit not mentioned above. I just ordered a kit from tower hobbies. cant wait!
Old 08-03-2013, 09:06 AM
Tech Initiate

in regards to the two-way slipper it seems like it was just a quick and easy way to add a center diff while keeping the slipper, i also seems like it might not work that great because to act like a center diff it would need to be looser than normal. i think keeping the slipper and diff separate (normal slipper with a ball diff on the back off the rear slipper plate) would work better altho it would be larger (thicker) and we all know space is an issue on this car.

so my questions is (since i haven't used the two way slipper) am i right or dose it work just with a small range of adjustments and what circumstances would it be useful?
Old 08-03-2013, 12:52 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by TAMAK
Old stock / new stock.. I know the DESC410R and Pro come with Composite shock towers.. If it were me I would prefer the plastic.. Heck, I may order a plastic set to go in my box in case my carbon tower snaps... Cheaper spare. BTW, I to found that the new kits do not include: gear grease, shock oil, diff oil. Not a big deal to me but for some it should be an FYI.
What do you mean by old stock/new stock? Did they send me a 410rv2 or something? my kit didn't include anything but thread lock

I agree that the composite is probably the way to go, buy i'd like to have some aluminums for backup if anything. Anyways I emailed both Tower and Durango
Old 08-03-2013, 07:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Datzme101
What do you mean by old stock/new stock? Did they send me a 410rv2 or something? my kit didn't include anything but thread lock

I agree that the composite is probably the way to go, buy i'd like to have some aluminums for backup if anything. Anyways I emailed both Tower and Durango
Keep me posted as to what you hear. Got mine together and had it out for a shake down. Overall not too bad. Only a few small blips, the 1 large one being the links! Even making adjustments I would end up with a link in my hand (would pop out on both ends). A Lunsford setup is in my future.

Other item was I shrink wrapped all the joints. One of the other guys today lost a battery when a pin backed out of the rear driveshaft. Easy insurance!
Old 08-05-2013, 09:00 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Building my DEX410v3 and just installed a Tekin RSpro. Any suggestions or recommendations for a motor? I'm thinking one of these:

Tekin Pro4 4000kv
Tekin Gen2 10.5T 4500kv
Reedy Sonic 9.5T 4100kv
Old 08-05-2013, 09:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I'd suggest a 6.5 or 7.5 and I'd go with Reedy, or Trinity, BUT the Speed Passion motors are quite a value at $40-sh. I LOVE the cleanliness of their bullet type connectors on the endbell.

Being as 4WD is a modified class and most folks go for speed, a 10.5 and even 9.5 will seem a little outpaced on a track, unless it's a small track, in which case you might be ok.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:30 AM
Tech Addict

I personally run the Turnigy Trackstar 7.5 motor and it works awesome in this car. Less then $40 on Hobbyking. Looks exactly like a Reedy Sonic motor. I know a lot of people(including me) can't pay $100 for a motor.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...or_5135KV.html
Old 08-05-2013, 09:52 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by -DOZER-
Building my DEX410v3 and just installed a Tekin RSpro. Any suggestions or recommendations for a motor? I'm thinking one of these:

Tekin Pro4 4000kv
Tekin Gen2 10.5T 4500kv
Reedy Sonic 9.5T 4100kv
I run a Reedy Mach2, but I also just tried on of SMC's new motors & they run fantastic. The quality is much better than the direct from China options.
Old 08-05-2013, 12:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

This buggy is out for about 3 +years now I was just wondering is their any further more refinement that they can do on this chassis platform? I personally think DEX410 need a longer chassis for more stability other than that its a solid and well balance chassis..
Old 08-05-2013, 04:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jochim_18
This buggy is out for about 3 +years now I was just wondering is their any further more refinement that they can do on this chassis platform? I personally think DEX410 need a longer chassis for more stability other than that its a solid and well balance chassis..
Stock ball studs and ball cups pop out after a little use. Many people end up upgrading these to Losi/Kyosho or Associated/JConcepts (studs/cups).

I would say that the chassis balance is likely the most obvious major change coming. I read in this forum that the chassis layout was originally designed for the heavier nicd/nimh cells and hence now the chassis feels light on the rear wheels.

Drivetrain and shocks feel very good to me. My $.02.
Old 08-05-2013, 06:59 PM
Tech Rookie

Last edited by Datzme101; 08-05-2013 at 07:45 PM.
Old 08-05-2013, 07:09 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by mkiiina
Keep me posted as to what you hear. Got mine together and had it out for a shake down. Overall not too bad. Only a few small blips, the 1 large one being the links! Even making adjustments I would end up with a link in my hand (would pop out on both ends). A Lunsford setup is in my future.

Other item was I shrink wrapped all the joints. One of the other guys today lost a battery when a pin backed out of the rear driveshaft. Easy insurance!
From tower
"I actually spoke to Team Durango Team guy about this today. He said there has been a running change made and this kit now comes with the composite towers. I know the listing on Tower was wrong, showing aluminum tower, so I'll send you the aluminum towers this week. I'll also update the listing to show composite towers."
Old 08-05-2013, 07:50 PM
Tech Adept

Sup fellas, I am getting ready to purchase a durrango from towerhobbies since they are cutting down the price. Is their a new car coming out?
Old 08-06-2013, 07:02 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Woulvesbaine
Stock ball studs and ball cups pop out after a little use. Many people end up upgrading these to Losi/Kyosho or Associated/JConcepts (studs/cups).

I would say that the chassis balance is likely the most obvious major change coming. I read in this forum that the chassis layout was originally designed for the heavier nicd/nimh cells and hence now the chassis feels light on the rear wheels.

Drivetrain and shocks feel very good to me. My $.02.
i havent had any problems with my ball cups on my DEX410R but then again they aren't the HD cups either but they are the stock kit ball cups, i even hit a wall coming off a jump so hard that i broke the a-arm near the c hub at the thickest point and the ball cups were still on the studs. the HD ball cups on my DEX210 pop off more than the nonHD cups but less than the lundford ball cups and studs that i tried.

just my 2¢
Old 08-06-2013, 09:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by -DOZER-

Tekin Pro4 4000kv
Tekin Gen2 10.5T 4500kv
Reedy Sonic 9.5T 4100kv
I know from the kv rating, all those motors seem about the same, but the Pro4 is actually a lot faster than the other two on your list. So much so that it would be over kill on a 4wd buggy. The other two motor are too slow for 4wd. I would recommend a 7.5T or 6.5T. Go 6.5T if you run on a larger track.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.