Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2012, 05:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Diff seals are perfect for me. No leaks at all. Have about 20 packs through the car, including a few diff oil changes.

I broke a few rear hubs when I first got it, and one rear hinge pin. Replaced and all is good now.
Old 05-28-2012, 05:40 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 360 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr_cool
thanks a bunch yeah ill go for a test drive at my track..people there have both of them..

if i do get this buggy..
hows the diff leak on this buggy? seals up well and last ? what do you recommend for race ? im looking to put a 8.5 motor 9.5 or lower..

have a TT ofna that leaks front/center/rear thats why i dont want to do all that messy diff too..dont use it anymore just have a 22 buggy..but this buggy only has 2 oil diff to maintain so i think ill be good as long as it dont leak easy and will last for a long run..

also whats common thing that breaks? pretty durable buggy? i only use my buggy for indoor track only not a basher

thanks
On my old v2 (DEX410R) I used the Kyosho P5 seals in the diff and it never leaked a drop. In my V3 which comes with the DNX shock seals for the diffs it looks nice and dry (haven't gotten as much run time on the new buggy yet).

For the 410v3 (not the R), I'd get the rear Alum diff Hoop and Alum Servo Saver Arm. have a spare set of Front Inner hinge pins , maybe some front arms, and rear hubs (I've heard people break em). And your good to go. Most people agree the buggy is very durable.
Old 05-28-2012, 05:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Originally Posted by Mr_cool
thanks a bunch yeah ill go for a test drive at my track..people there have both of them..

if i do get this buggy..
hows the diff leak on this buggy? seals up well and last ? what do you recommend for race ? im looking to put a 8.5 motor 9.5 or lower..

have a TT ofna that leaks front/center/rear thats why i dont want to do all that messy diff too..dont use it anymore just have a 22 buggy..but this buggy only has 2 oil diff to maintain so i think ill be good as long as it dont leak easy and will last for a long run..

also whats common thing that breaks? pretty durable buggy? i only use my buggy for indoor track only not a basher

thanks
Bought my Son his first 4wd (B44) then sold it after having pretty much trouble with the main gear diff ( should be meshed correctly) and keeps on breaking an Arm ( with a 5 yrs old, you could only imagine), sold it and went to get the 2010 Specs 410, just changed the gear seal to Kyosho p5 and never had leaking. never had any gear breaking and arms, just changed (which i think will break) the gear hoops (F/R) to Allu(tresrey) Front knuckle arms and rear hub carriers and never had anymore issues.

So as others had suggested,try driving one first before you decide, at the end of the day it really depends on which application ( well for me , for my 7 yrs/old son), so DEX410 (for me ) is a Tank. hands down.

BTW, my son is using a 6.5T Tekin motor so you could just imagine the insane power the car has to endure plus the driving skills.... hahahha....
Old 05-29-2012, 06:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Location: Queensland, Australia, Earth, Galaxy, Universe, A Childs Sandpit
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Does anyone use the shock boots, the outdrive boots and the axle boot and if so how do you find them? Not to much of a weigh down in power with a 1/10th scale car?
Old 05-29-2012, 02:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 153 (100%+)

I've read through many pages in this thread and the biggest concern is the diffs? The V3 has awesome diffs. Had lots of pack through mine and still do not have a diff leak. No special seals...just box stock stuff. (I did add a little #3 permatex to the diff halfs just for added insurance.) Not even a drip......anywhere!

As far as the difference between gear diff and ball diffs. Yea you can tune a ball diff without removing it from the car. But to find the same consistency after a rebuild is super hard. For the gear diff I know what fluids are in it already and when its time for fresh oil I clean the old oil out and add the fresh stuff. Same feel every time. No springs, bolts or nuts to worry about breaking or coming loose. Please don't even get me started on the plastic gears on the "other" brand, or the amount of broken shock shafts or broken shock bodies. Yes....stuff breaks. It's a race car....but I see a lot less DNF's with the Dingo than I do with "other" brands.

Your biggest concern shouldn't be whether its like the "other" car (it isn't, not even close)....it should be trying to keep the smile off of your face while driving the thing, so the other racers don't know about the gun you brought to the knife fight!

Just saying.....
Old 05-29-2012, 02:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

^ agreed!!! :>) V3 on the way. Should have it tomarrow.
Old 05-29-2012, 02:48 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tonyd
Hey Tony! Nice run up at Trackside sir!
Old 05-29-2012, 02:49 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by autocadsteve197
Does anyone use the shock boots, the outdrive boots and the axle boot and if so how do you find them? Not to much of a weigh down in power with a 1/10th scale car?
They are useful when running on dirt, keeps the shocks much cleaner and the driveshaft joints wear less (as you can lube them and not worry about dirt mixing with the lube).
Old 05-29-2012, 03:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Thats Awesome Tony!!! all it took was to drive mine huh? now all you need is a 210 to complete your awesomeness
Old 05-29-2012, 03:37 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by zippygraphix
Thats Awesome Tony!!! all it took was to drive mine huh? now all you need is a 210 to complete your awesomeness
Wonder what color wheels he's gonna run? I remember a certain guy giving you and I a rough time over the TQ yellow wheels.
Old 05-29-2012, 05:35 PM
Tech Master

I can tell you Ray that the first set will be on the stock wheels but after that we will see, And thank you for the kind words sir.
Zippy (STICKERS) Did you figure out the esc problem?
Old 05-29-2012, 05:35 PM
Tech Master

Oh and 210 Not going to happen
Old 05-29-2012, 06:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Lol yeah it was the gearing..
And yeah your stickers are on my desk.
Lol
Old 05-29-2012, 06:49 PM
Tech Elite

Famous last words. Working on a few things right now....give me a bit of time and you can drive mine. Coming from the car your running I must say in the short bit of time I've had my 210 it corners better and jumps better. As soon as I can nail down the consistency then it will be dialed. The car reminds me of the SP2 before big bores. ( IMO K big bores made things complicated on an already awesome design.)
Old 05-30-2012, 06:53 PM
Tech Rookie

ok ordered the V3 should be in friday with a 6.5 cant wait.. now my questions

1. what oil diff for track use? for front and rear..

2.what shock oil wt front and rear? i know depends on track but i just need an idea what you guy use..

3.what pinion gear for motor on 6.5? i looking for something not super high speed but yet something that has pull/push for them corner turn with jumps/whoops ect...

4.also some hop ups...i see that the rear dont have alumin hub carrier like the front..looking to get the rear later on as i build and run from there.. as for what degree..also part number or any other brands that have nice alumin upgrades that offer diffirent colors ect..

thanks..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.