Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Would you buy..........Carbon Fiber Slash chassis? >

Would you buy..........Carbon Fiber Slash chassis?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Would you buy..........Carbon Fiber Slash chassis?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 05:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Exclamation Would you buy..........Carbon Fiber Slash chassis?

I am working with a friend locally who creates carbon fiber products. He has molded and re-created a full factory dimension Traxxas slash chassis from carbon fiber. This chassis is still in testing and won't be available for a few months, but has already taken more abuse than a factory Traxxas chassis. All the weak points of the plastic chassis have been addressed in this design as well. This is a DIRECT replacement part for the plastic Slash chassis.

Would anyone be interested in this type of product? Pictures coming soon.
Old 01-08-2009, 05:43 PM
Tech Adept

depending on price and reliability i would be interested and many other people at my track
Old 01-08-2009, 05:44 PM
Tech Regular

With the slash being a stock class, i don't see it being a huge seller. It may sell, and may make a few bucks for you but I don't see it making you a fortune. The bashers and "blingers" may buy em.
Old 01-08-2009, 05:46 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Bump
With the slash being a stock class, i don't see it being a huge seller. It may sell, and may make a few bucks for you but I don't see it making you a fortune. The bashers and "blingers" may buy em.

This would be a stock replacement chassis, just materially different in composition. Most hobby shops that hold races with slash trucks like the idea to make the slash slightly more reliable even though they are already indestructable for the most part. 2 of the shops I talked to, are ready to put in orders for them.
Old 01-08-2009, 05:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

It would not be leagle at any of the tracks that run a spec Slash class, but there are a lot more people out there with these than racers.
Old 01-08-2009, 05:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

People who race couldn't buy them because it's a spec class, those who don't race probably aren't interested in a CF chassis.
Old 01-08-2009, 05:57 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rearviewmirror
People who race couldn't buy them because it's a spec class, those who don't race probably aren't interested in a CF chassis.
We are working closely with our local shops, they like them and many of them have said they would allow them in the spec slash class because there is no advantage of owning the CF chassis except strength. Weight is within half an ounce of the plastic factory chassis.
Old 01-08-2009, 06:04 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

they might sell but I mean the slash class is mostly young kids or just guys that want to "screw around". its not a real serious class, its mostly just all fun and the CF chassis probaly wont sell to good but thats just my opinion. Good Luck!
Old 01-08-2009, 06:09 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by oday1395
they might sell but I mean the slash class is mostly young kids or just guys that want to "screw around". its not a real serious class, its mostly just all fun and the CF chassis probaly wont sell to good but thats just my opinion. Good Luck!
Slash class is growing fast. Don't count it out.
Old 01-08-2009, 06:32 PM
Tech Initiate

how much
Old 01-08-2009, 06:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

pics???
Old 01-08-2009, 06:58 PM
Tech Regular

Pics will be coming soon. Don't want to reveal a design till its patented. Patent work is being done now.

Price is yet to be determined. If we get enough demand we know it will be reasonable. More than likely, cheaper than the Aluminum chassis now being sold on RC Planet.
Old 01-08-2009, 07:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by oday1395
Call me stupid but I sold my B4 for my 2nd slash cuz it is funner for me to race it than the buggy.

As far as the CF goes, I think u will sell plenty. As stated there are many more bashers and blingers than racers.
Old 01-08-2009, 07:04 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Jube
Call me stupid but I sold my B4 for my 2nd slash cuz it is funner for me to race it than the buggy.

As far as the CF goes, I think u will sell plenty. As stated there are many more bashers and blingers than racers.
I think it will sell plenty too. I have already snapped a slash chassis near the rear bulkhead area where it attaches to the gearbox. Thats part of the situation we fixed.
Old 01-08-2009, 07:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by saleen89559
I think it will sell plenty too. I have already snapped a slash chassis near the rear bulkhead area where it attaches to the gearbox.
I personally havent done this YET. But I know others who have. I do have to say that I disagree with tracks allowing this in the spec class. Reason being is that I understand that it's not a performance enhancement BUT people are monkey see monkey do and all it will take is for a guy with one to win then everyone will HAVE to have one. Good for ur buddy, bad for spec class. My .02

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.