Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree8Likes

Kyosho Ultima RB5 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2011, 03:07 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

hey guys, just got the wc! what setup is everyone running on the new car? Im going to run it at the spectrum race at trackside this weekend. thanks!
Old 11-30-2011, 08:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

well for me it was time for "enough practice" today i went live for racing with the wc. 4 hours of practice and tune which i used to dial in me lrp esc and motor that i got monday and 1 broken right rear hub carrier on a landing after the triple. of all the places on the track to have it break. i had some spares that i had stocked up on of sp2 parts and i put in replacement carriers and soldiered on.

the buggy is better then me thats for sure. im liking what its doing and it is fealing "very neutral" not sure how else to explain it. i like it but im slow on the trigger and some of the corners i do with it are quite embarrassing while others i might as well have a freight train horn blowing and shout "out of the way, out of the way !!!"
Old 11-30-2011, 09:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

oh yeah.
im going to replace the rear hub carriers with metal ones in an order tomorrow. i would also like to get the rf and rr arm suspenders. but i cant recall where i read it. something about using plastic bushings with the metal rf and rr suspenders instead of the metal bushings that are in my wc box. anyone have a stock number of what this plastic bushing is please?

just checking to see if i found my own answer... are these the plastic bushings? http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Bushing-8-ZX-5

Last edited by apriliamille; 11-30-2011 at 09:57 PM. Reason: might have found the answer
Old 11-30-2011, 09:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (98%+)

I need some set up help with my buggy, its last years model but has the 8mm extension and losi big bore shocks, I am having trouble on the clay as the buggy is loose on the throttle, pushes on and off the throttle and spins out like crazy. I dint run the car on clay till last week, it is fringing dialed in the dirt and asphalt but as soon as I hit the clay it was a disaster. Running 27.5 front and rear, shocks laid in front and rear , 3 degrees toe, ride height 24 frt 23 rear, rear camber link inside outer and middle on bulk head, front link inner hole on block and inner hole on bulk head, running little to no anti squat, med length rear arms, rear hubs .05mm forward, tires were pink taper front and pink bk bars rear. I was really disappointed and need some clay advice. Oh the front link 1mm spacer and the rear link is 1.5mm inner and 2mm outer, the outer rear blocks are 1 degree of toe. The droop I set to Tebos clay setup but can't remember the droop but has been excellent on all terrains. There must be something I can do to get the car to get that rubber squeel like the other cars I was racing. Thanks for any advice.
Old 11-30-2011, 09:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I am running the Mcduffie setup with one change including the arm mod. middle hole on rear tower

I want to get more off power steering. any suggestions? it doesn't rotate as fast as I want it to.
Old 11-30-2011, 09:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by b_mcduffie
What are your track conditions and what tires are you running?
See if I can help you out.
west coast. sorry for the double post, but I just signed up and it said I had to wait for admin to approve etc.

Mcduffie what do you suggest? I have 21 grams in front weight.

tires are scrubs up front. suburbs in back. version 2 unfortunately
Old 12-01-2011, 12:09 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jimbocali
west coast. sorry for the double post, but I just signed up and it said I had to wait for admin to approve etc.

Mcduffie what do you suggest? I have 21 grams in front weight.

tires are scrubs up front. suburbs in back. version 2 unfortunately
I would go outside on the rear tower and lower the front ball stud to 1mm instead of 1.5. What front foam are in the tires?
Old 12-01-2011, 12:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kash$
I need some set up help with my buggy, its last years model but has the 8mm extension and losi big bore shocks, I am having trouble on the clay as the buggy is loose on the throttle, pushes on and off the throttle and spins out like crazy. I dint run the car on clay till last week, it is fringing dialed in the dirt and asphalt but as soon as I hit the clay it was a disaster. Running 27.5 front and rear, shocks laid in front and rear , 3 degrees toe, ride height 24 frt 23 rear, rear camber link inside outer and middle on bulk head, front link inner hole on block and inner hole on bulk head, running little to no anti squat, med length rear arms, rear hubs .05mm forward, tires were pink taper front and pink bk bars rear. I was really disappointed and need some clay advice. Oh the front link 1mm spacer and the rear link is 1.5mm inner and 2mm outer, the outer rear blocks are 1 degree of toe. The droop I set to Tebos clay setup but can't remember the droop but has been excellent on all terrains. There must be something I can do to get the car to get that rubber squeel like the other cars I was racing. Thanks for any advice.
its kinda hard to diagnose with losi shocks on it, but for starters how much weight are you running and where? you might try standing up your front shocks to help with steering. maybe a softer spring ? what pistons are you running in the shocks? im assuming losi 55s, 4 hole? standing up the rear shocks will soften it up a bit back there also which should help with grip. Try to make your links level, if you are running 2mm spacer inside run the same out.Again with the losi shocks it makes it hard to say but those are some things you can try
Old 12-01-2011, 01:11 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Is the SP2 non WC still a good buy? Cant quite justify the price of the WC when I'm mainly using it as a fun car as no one seriously races 2wd where I am.

Could anyone who has driven the Losi 22 or DEX210 able to compare it with the RB5 SP2? All three are around that same price, so it a tough choice wether to go for the new kids on the block, or the older proven model.
Old 12-01-2011, 05:24 AM
Tech Regular

been looking at the kyosho for a bit now. Been racing a 22 for 6 months and all I can say its very rugged. Havent broken a single part. How the kyosho on durability.
Old 12-01-2011, 07:32 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by b_mcduffie
I would go outside on the rear tower and lower the front ball stud to 1mm instead of 1.5. What front foam are in the tires?
the front tires have the pre-cut foam from aka i believe. i don't remember. it was recommended by west coast when i got them.

so in the front i am essentially limiting the droop a little Brian?

also, i have no weight in the back besides the 10 grams by the receiver
Old 12-01-2011, 09:30 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

the front tires have the pre-cut foam from aka i believe. i don't remember. it was recommended by west coast when i got them.

weight is fine. i would got with stock foam cut to tire size for the front..
the front ball stub washers have on effect on droop... lowering the front ballstud down will make the front react a little faster..
Old 12-01-2011, 09:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

You will see a big difference with just moving the rear shock out to the outside hole. The front .5 shim will help but some people might not even feel a difference with such a small change.
Old 12-01-2011, 10:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scr8pn4205
been looking at the kyosho for a bit now. Been racing a 22 for 6 months and all I can say its very rugged. Havent broken a single part. How the kyosho on durability.
I had the 22, the WC jumps better, lands better, and feels much more planted everywhere. Give it a try, you will love it!

T
Old 12-01-2011, 11:31 AM
Tech Apprentice

thanks guys.

Josh, were you at WC the other day?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.