Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree8Likes

Kyosho Ultima RB5 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2011, 10:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Tebo is running a CF top deck on all of his cars at Nats: RB5, ZX5, RT5, and SC-R. I'd take a pic but I don't want to upset my friends at Kyosho.

JP said the long chassis won't work on all tracks such as smaller, indoor clay tracks like PRCR. Maybe they'll just offer the long chassis as an option part.
Old 08-12-2011, 10:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

That's crazy, u would think they would be very stiff, I may have to take one of my chassis and try it out to see how it feels, longer chassis outdoors is a definate plus for me anyway
Old 08-12-2011, 10:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

my long chassis worked great till I broke it in practice Wednesday. I was forced to put my stock chassis back on. I'll get back to the drawing board next week. I need to get some of that epoxy you mentioned. Mine came off the chassis clean. It didn't really bond to the chassis.
Old 08-12-2011, 10:39 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by pakk
my long chassis worked great till I broke it in practice Wednesday. I was forced to put my stock chassis back on. I'll get back to the drawing board next week. I need to get some of that epoxy you mentioned. Mine came off the chassis clean. It didn't really bond to the chassis.
Yea I did a lot of research and found CA doesn't bond to carbon composite like it does to plastic, if u go to a local boat shop if they don't have it they can order it (g/flex epoxy) I have a few races on it and it doesnt look like its moved at all
Old 08-12-2011, 10:45 PM
Tech Master

I should also mention that ROAR isn't allowing use of extended chassis for stock class. No "modified parts". How that's any different than running aftermarket parts (STRC, Diggity, etc) I have no idea. And the fact that the homemade extended chassis are still shorter than the Losi 22 makes me wonder what that rule's all about.

So if you're going to a ROAR race to run stock you may want to think twice about going to all the trouble to make your long chassis.
Old 08-12-2011, 10:50 PM
Tech Elite

Wow I guess its not modified if you pay for it lol
Old 08-12-2011, 10:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

wow another ninja ruling by roar?
Old 08-12-2011, 11:08 PM
Tech Master

Yeah, there's plenty to complain about with the randomness and frequent (as in multiple times throughout one race day) changes to the rules, but I have to give the ROAR guys some credit for running the race really well so far. They're all nice guys and their intentions are good. I just think they need to step back and come up with a model for 1) coming up with the right rules, 2) dealing with amendments to rules, and 3) enforcing rules. Then they need to stick to that model and be really consistent. It seems, from the ignorant outside, that they're making things more complicated than they need to be and that tends to unnecessarily frustrate people and take some of the fun out of the hobby.
Old 08-13-2011, 05:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Keep in mind that all the "innovation" of racers creates the so call need to create these rules with the intent of keeping things in check. now i am not condoning what they do but that is the reason behind it. 3 months ago no one was really modifying chassis. in the last 30 days that has become the norm so you cant throw Roar to the wolves for trying to create a rule to help the stock class remain stock.

just my .02
Old 08-13-2011, 07:02 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mdowney
Tebo is running a CF top deck on all of his cars at Nats: RB5, ZX5, RT5, and SC-R. I'd take a pic but I don't want to upset my friends at Kyosho.

JP said the long chassis won't work on all tracks such as smaller, indoor clay tracks like PRCR. Maybe they'll just offer the long chassis as an option part.
we wont tell

well JP is right my chassis does not work well indoor but is amazing outdoor on dirt, thinking about having two chassis since swapping chassis all the time will strip the thread for the screws.
Old 08-13-2011, 07:06 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by savageboy69
Yea I did a lot of research and found CA doesn't bond to carbon composite like it does to plastic, if u go to a local boat shop if they don't have it they can order it (g/flex epoxy) I have a few races on it and it doesnt look like its moved at all
good tip, mine broke during practice too
Old 08-13-2011, 08:12 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 207 (100%+)

Is anyone running the FTW Katana on their car? I just had my painter order me one, I like being different
Old 08-13-2011, 09:39 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mdowney
I should also mention that ROAR isn't allowing use of extended chassis for stock class. No "modified parts". How that's any different than running aftermarket parts (STRC, Diggity, etc) I have no idea. And the fact that the homemade extended chassis are still shorter than the Losi 22 makes me wonder what that rule's all about.

So if you're going to a ROAR race to run stock you may want to think twice about going to all the trouble to make your long chassis.
Keep in mind that there is a difference between a modified part and a production ready part when you refer to STRC and Diggity. Those parts are released to the public. Whereas, if you take a chassis and cut it up and lengthen or shorten it it is a modified piece of a production piece.

Now one could say that if you have to file down a production piece to make it fit it is now modified so you can't run stock. It is a difficult line to walk and know what side you are on.
Old 08-13-2011, 09:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

You can get epoxy at any Boat/Marine store as well. West Systems brand is really good stuff.
Old 08-13-2011, 09:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Who cares if you modify a part yourself. I remember back in the day nobody ran a stock kit. Andy's, Houge, A&L, MIP, Hot Trick, JG etc...is was awesome to have the diversity out there and checking out peoples ingenuity. That is why "stock" class is the devil.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.