Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree8Likes

Kyosho Ultima RB5 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2007, 09:23 AM
Tech Addict

A good fix for this problem would be to offer the woven carbon fiber towers like I saw on the prototype car. Those things looked really nice. I'd also love to see the red anodized stuff as an option.
Old 04-28-2007, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by oople
Any ideas then, since I have it built as per manual.
not entirely clear on this but the shock is actually well into the tower - so the inside hole is impossible to use.

Like Ben Ellis said. Perhaps it's the different shock bushing. I built mine and the front shocks don't touch the towers.
Old 04-28-2007, 12:12 PM
Tech Addict

Have a closer look at the photo - the nut couldn't have less screw on it or it would fall off, so there is no way to space the shock further out in that configuration anyway.

I have managed to put the shocks on the inside hole now - but that is with the shock tower filed away slightly on the edge, and with the plastic nut against the tower / thin metal nut on the end (threadlocked in place of course).

please post up a photo if you have one, I would like to see how it is different to mine.
Old 04-28-2007, 12:17 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I am starting to want the xxx-cr over this the more and more I read lol. I need something for mod buggy and I don't want to use my b4. How is the forward traction on this buggy compared to the b4 and xxx-cr
Old 04-28-2007, 12:53 PM
Tech Elite

How about a longer screw and an extra spacer?
Old 04-28-2007, 12:59 PM
Tech Addict

The few laps I put on it, forward bite was what really caught my attention. It's got a TON. Easily able to pull wheelies. It seemed to be pretty mild motor wise, but still it was planted obviously.
Old 04-28-2007, 01:13 PM
Tech Adept

Ahhh very nice. I am looking for something that would be easy to drive with like a 13 turn on my small track. Most of the mod guys rock xxx-crs at my track
Old 04-28-2007, 02:17 PM
Tech Addict

Certainly does have a lot of drive- just need to get a nice balance with good steering.

Sosidge - I don't have any longer, I think these are 22mm, but thats one way for sure. This is how the kit comes though, with the front shocks touching the tower - unless someone can tell me different?
Old 04-28-2007, 06:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mfishel
The few laps I put on it, forward bite was what really caught my attention. It's got a TON. Easily able to pull wheelies. It seemed to be pretty mild motor wise, but still it was planted obviously.
Hmm wheelies are bad. Cant turn when your front end is up in the air. Thats some issues the Losi has, its cool but not what you want.
Old 04-28-2007, 06:45 PM
Tech Addict

Wheelies bad?! No way. Can't turn with your front wheels in the air, true that. But I'm not wheelie standing all the way into the corner. But if a car is planted enough that I get out of the corner and roll into the throttle aggressively enough that it lifts the front end, I've got a car with potential
Old 04-28-2007, 07:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Sorry, wheelies are bad, yes it means you have a lot of rear traction, but its not a good thing.
Old 04-28-2007, 07:42 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Shocks hitting shock tower

Oople,
I noticed your spring collars are all the way up. On my RB5 I have the collars almost threaded off of the bottom of the shocks to get the arms close to level. The collars are not even close to the tower. I have not run it yet, but based on the other 2wd cars I have had, I'm guessing that I would want the front arms near level. This is with the kit springs BTW. Are you using something other than kit springs?
Old 04-28-2007, 08:29 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by mfishel
Wheelies bad?! No way. Can't turn with your front wheels in the air, true that. But I'm not wheelie standing all the way into the corner. But if a car is planted enough that I get out of the corner and roll into the throttle aggressively enough that it lifts the front end, I've got a car with potential
Apparently K_King thinks you were born into the RC world yesterday, Fish.
Old 04-28-2007, 08:51 PM
Tech Addict

Yea brand new. Like to see you soon Chris. I"ve worked out some ideas for a Summer Series. Kick off with a trophy race 500 weekend. Details on the rest depending on a couple schedule issues, but hope it may be good for you. Also we're talking about getting a group together once in a while to travel to outdoor tracks. Either a caravan or maybe even a party bus. Call it 'attack of the Planeteers'!
Old 04-28-2007, 08:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Oople- You need to set your Ride heigth first. Im not sure of your setup's over there, but with my collars as far down as they are, my ride heigth is still slightly below arms level. When my collar is up all the way it touches my tower as well, but if I have the collar up all the way, my car will sit WAY TOO low in the front. My collars are screwed down almost all the way.
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho Ultima RB5 Thread-front.jpg   Kyosho Ultima RB5 Thread-benellis.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.