Search
Like Tree8Likes

Kyosho Ultima RB5 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 08:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper
Compressed air does not do well with wet dirt! I definately do not take my cars all the way apart to keep them clean. wd40 usually helps keep parts cleaner. Gas cars are way harder to keep clean then electric.

oh yes ... compressed air is ineffective for wet dirt. not to mention it blows the air into places that u don't want.
but it is great for dry dusty dirt.

wd40 gives a good shine to the plastics too. makes it look brand spanking new
Old 11-08-2007, 11:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

MMMMMKAY

today was probably the most productive practice/test day i've ever had...ESPECIALLY with this car. In preparation for the Atomic rear tower coming next week, I thought it would be a good idea to see what it feels like with the rear shocks mounted to the outermost position on the tower...because with the atomic, I would be running even one further more out than RB5 stock so, I wanted to see what I would be getting myself into.

Realizing that i'm all the way in on the arm, i'd be needing a stiffer spring if I was going to be running the shocks more vertical. So I began stiffening up the car spring wise. I'm up to silver springs in the rear with the shocks mounted outside on tower and inside on arm. Then I went from orange springs in the front to light yellow springs.

I remember a week or so ago saying that a shim here and an oil change there made all the difference....but after tonight, The car feels so incredibly perfect I wish everyone could drive my car to experience what I feel when I drive it.

With that spring combo and new rear shock position, the car:

rotates better than ever before....almost like the rear inner tire in the turn gets parked and the car spins about that tire...it's crazy! let off the gas and hold on! Off power steering is insane...and insanely planted at the same time, "THROW" the car into a corner and it stays planted yet ROTATES!...On power steering is precise, extremely confident...high speed drift or power slide is incredibly manageable, and very predictable....when you're done sliding, just jiggle the wheel and pop the trigger and the car rockets off in that direction.

I really don't know why i've been so slow or reluctant to stray away from the yellow/orange spring combo, but it is easily the best change I've made so far...that and the rear shock being mounted as vertical as possible is truly the ticket for the rotational ability for this car.

I would highly recommend that everyone try and stand up their shocks in the rear end and see how it feels...I cannot wait for the atomic tower to get here so I can see what even MORE vertical shocks will bring.

Absolutely dialed!
Old 11-09-2007, 05:16 AM
Tech Elite

yellow/orange spring combo works good eh
but try to get springs right now, very hard
Old 11-09-2007, 07:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wallyedmonds
yellow/orange spring combo works good eh
but try to get springs right now, very hard
Here is where I bought all the springs and extra I needed.

http://www.rcplanet.com/category_s/1320.htm

http://www.speedtechrc.com/store/ebcategory.asp?id=42
Old 11-09-2007, 07:16 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

i will try moving them upright.
Old 11-09-2007, 07:19 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Carbon fiber

Hi guy's I'm new to rctech. Have any of you heard of diggitydesigns.com I have purchased there carbon fiber shock towers for my rb5 and they have worked out great.
Old 11-09-2007, 07:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kyosho-nutz
Hi guy's I'm new to rctech. Have any of you heard of diggitydesigns.com I have purchased there carbon fiber shock towers for my rb5 and they have worked out great.
I saw these and they arent bad.The atomics are much thicker and way higher quality, but are alot more money.
Old 11-09-2007, 07:32 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by RB FIVE
I saw these and they arent bad.The atomics are much thicker and way higher quality, but are alot more money.
I doubled up on mine 6mm. No problems as of yet. It was like $60.00 bucks for eveything shipped. How much are the atomics.
Old 11-09-2007, 08:39 AM
Tech Elite

$48 shipped from the UK. expensive but unlike the diggity, you get 2 extra holes...and it's a whopping 4mm of solid CF...WOWZERS!
Old 11-09-2007, 09:23 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by mafiaracers
$48 shipped from the UK. expensive but unlike the diggity, you get 2 extra holes...and it's a whopping 4mm of solid CF...WOWZERS!
Thanks for the info. I got the battery hold down from diggity also.
Old 11-09-2007, 10:10 AM
Tech Elite

how is that? somewhat rigid? I'm kinda waiting for the Kyosho strap as I havn't heard anything about the diggity one yet.

I had the diggity rear tower on my car for about 15 minutes then just came to the conclusion that I didn't like how it looked....too thin and square/sharp edges. It just didn't look right on the car, little too "wimpy" looking and didn't offer any tuning advantages. If you were to double up the rear tower and make it 6mm, then that would look pretty cool, add strength and have that thick/strong look to it.

I also had their front tower, but it broke so....
Old 11-09-2007, 10:32 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

The "K" battery strap is supposed to be on it's way. I am hoping Kyosho gets them in the next week or two.
Old 11-09-2007, 12:26 PM
Tech Initiate

how is that? somewhat rigid? I'm kinda waiting for the Kyosho strap as I havn't heard anything about the diggity one yet.

I had the diggity rear tower on my car for about 15 minutes then just came to the conclusion that I didn't like how it looked....too thin and square/sharp edges. It just didn't look right on the car, little too "wimpy" looking and didn't offer any tuning advantages. If you were to double up the rear tower and make it 6mm, then that would look pretty cool, add strength and have that thick/strong look to it.

I also had their front tower, but it broke so....
Ya the cuts are not the best. But when double them up and round them off. Thhey look pretty good.
Old 11-09-2007, 05:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kyosho-nutz
Ya the cuts are not the best. But when double them up and round them off. Thhey look pretty good.
I have the diggity carbon battery strap on my car. Im actually the one who suggested it to him/sent him the strap, haha.

Im glad youre liking his stuff!
Old 11-10-2007, 01:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

MMMMMKAY

I would highly recommend that everyone try and stand up their shocks in the rear end and see how it feels...I cannot wait for the atomic tower to get here so I can see what even MORE vertical shocks will bring.

Absolutely dialed!

what was the condition of the surface you were racing on?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.