Originally Posted by Crazy Carl
Dont be a hater
I won't be if I can buy your spare parts
Old 11-01-2007, 07:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Crazy Carl
Behind Dave. Just for the record I took second
My bad, The laps were hairy !! Good race though i had alot of fun.
Old 11-01-2007, 07:03 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by MikeXray
I won't be if I can buy your spare parts
What part you need mike ? i might have it.
Old 11-01-2007, 07:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

Mike see me on friday
Also let me know if you need mounted tires
Old 11-02-2007, 05:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default is the diff too tight?

bear with me, this is my 1st 2wd
after rebuilding the diff, i noticed that when i rev the motor slowly (with car placed on a stand), the left wheel turns but the right wheel doesn't
in fact, the right wheel does not rotate until the rpm is pretty high, almost full throttle.

so i decided to tighten the diff down ... now, when i rotate the left wheel, the right wheel slowly starts to turn and vice versa. is this a ball park "tightness"?

i was hoping to hit the track with this and fine tune from there ...
Old 11-02-2007, 06:40 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by wyl03
after rebuilding the diff, i noticed that when i rev the motor slowly (with car placed on a stand), the left wheel turns but the right wheel doesn't
in fact, the right wheel does not rotate until the rpm is pretty high, almost full throttle.

so i decided to tighten the diff down ... now, when i rotate the left wheel, the right wheel slowly starts to turn and vice versa. is this a ball park "tightness"?

I dunno, but i do feel you have an issue there.
Old 11-02-2007, 06:44 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RB FIVE
I dunno, but i do feel you have an issue there.
Great response Kimwald
Old 11-02-2007, 06:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

If you turn one wheel (assumign you are holding the spur so it doesn't move, or the motor is) the other wheel should spin in the opposite direction at the same speed. You can start out by tightening the diff all the way (just snug) and backing off 1/2 turn.
Old 11-02-2007, 06:52 AM
Tech Master

I would take your diff apart and look at the manual again be sure you assembled it correctly.
Then once it is together tighen it until it is full tight then back it off 1/2 turn.
Hold one wheel and give 1/4 power for about 30 seconds repeat for the other side this will break the diff in. Lock the slipper hold both wheels and give full throttle for a second you want the front wheels to pop up. Then loosen the slipper until it still raises the wheels but you can hear it slip.
Old 11-02-2007, 09:32 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Also check to be sure that there isn't anything binding in the right side of the car. It could be a bering that is dirty or shot, or maybe you have somthing on to tight. I had that issue with my rc10gt, and I found out I just had a wheel on to tight, and I backed the wheel nut off about a 1/4-1/2 of a turn and problem was fixed.
Old 11-02-2007, 08:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

thks for the great feedback .. i will rebuild the diff
Old 11-03-2007, 12:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

So...ran my lipo tonight, MY lipo, last week I was borrowing a 4800 pack but tonight I had my own 4000maxamps pack.

First impressions were that the car was WAY-hey-HEY too light and just bounced around. I was difficult to remain consistant, the car didn't "float" and was just darty all over. SO....I grabbed a pack of AE 1/4oz weights and put:

1/2oz under the steering rack
1-1/2 oz in the very front of the battery box flat on chassis (2 rows of 3 squares)
1-1/4oz in the back of the battery box, 3 flat on chassis against bulkhead and 2 directly under the tower against the wall.

then I stiffened up the rear one spring from dark yellow to light yellow....car is still lighter than 6 cell but much easier to drive and feels fast, nimble, aggressive and planted all at the same time. I'm happy!

But lipo alone is just way too light. At this point, I just want to move the weights around and see if different placements around the chassis will affect anything.
Old 11-03-2007, 04:40 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mafiaracers
So...ran my lipo tonight, MY lipo, last week I was borrowing a 4800 pack but tonight I had my own 4000maxamps pack.

First impressions were that the car was WAY-hey-HEY too light and just bounced around. I was difficult to remain consistant, the car didn't "float" and was just darty all over. SO....I grabbed a pack of AE 1/4oz weights and put:

1/2oz under the steering rack
1-1/2 oz in the very front of the battery box flat on chassis (2 rows of 3 squares)
1-1/4oz in the back of the battery box, 3 flat on chassis against bulkhead and 2 directly under the tower against the wall.

then I stiffened up the rear one spring from dark yellow to light yellow....car is still lighter than 6 cell but much easier to drive and feels fast, nimble, aggressive and planted all at the same time. I'm happy!

But lipo alone is just way too light. At this point, I just want to move the weights around and see if different placements around the chassis will affect anything.
i may have to do the same
we run on carpet up here at fastcats and i run lipo and iv put alot of ti screws in my car just coz i had them,
so ill see how the thing is gona work
Old 11-03-2007, 03:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

I found this on the Kyosho Japan site:

Old 11-03-2007, 04:01 PM
Tech Champion

WOW These shocks are better the the orig. i will be getting these if they come to america.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.