Search
Like Tree41Likes

2WD Off Road Vintage Re-Releases

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2022, 06:58 PM
YFB
Tech Apprentice

Default 2WD Off Road Vintage Re-Releases

There probably is a topic on here somewhere but I can’t find it. It’s been awhile already since Tamiya, Kyosho, Associated, TLR, Schumacher etc have been rereleasing their 2WD Off Road vintage buggy. I’m glad it’s happened because we get to build these awesome cars if we missed out the first time round and because they have been upgraded for today’s technology.

So post away your examples.

Here is my contribution, a Tamiya Super Astute (2018) tribute. Hope you guys enjoy the video.

Disgruntled_RC likes this.
Old 09-18-2022, 07:01 PM
YFB
Tech Apprentice

More pictures from the video:

Old 09-21-2022, 01:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default And now...

Originally Posted by YFB
More pictures from the video:

A running video on a proper race track (no outdoor grass verge or bicycle pump track and such likes). Let's watch your vintage buggy run on a proper track.
Old 09-24-2022, 04:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Nice Super Astute. I have a few vintage re-releases but they're all still in the boxes. Kyosho Turbo Optima, Schumacher CAT XLS and Cougar Classic. Most of my r/c's are all old vintage stuff, other than the re-releases, only 2 out of the 24 or 25 are modern r/c's.
YFB likes this.
Old 09-27-2022, 05:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

Just added a Kyosho Optima Mid re-re to the collection.
YFB, aaron2u, rippen and 1 others like this.
Old 10-02-2022, 11:45 AM
YFB
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by R6cowboy
Nice Super Astute. I have a few vintage re-releases but they're all still in the boxes. Kyosho Turbo Optima, Schumacher CAT XLS and Cougar Classic. Most of my r/c's are all old vintage stuff, other than the re-releases, only 2 out of the 24 or 25 are modern r/c's.
No harm in that at all. I’ve stuck to Tamiya but have a few Kyosho. Most are also still new in box. One day I might have time to build them.
Old 10-02-2022, 06:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

I just collect and rebuild old r/c stuff. No Tamiyas yet, but there are a couple I have interest in, the Hotshot and Avante. The Futaba FXT Stadium Racer was loosely based off of the Stadium Blitzer, but technically not Tamiya.
YFB and Revolter22 like this.
Old 10-10-2022, 08:55 AM
Tech Apprentice

No 2wd yet, all 4wd and still in unopened boxes, but the Cougar Classic I have on backorder is 2wd. The Optima Mid finally arrived at my local HobbyTown a couple weeks ago, it's a 60 mile drive to the store so I was able to pick it up this past weekend. But still waiting for the Schumacher Cougar Classic to come in from backorder, which suppose to be first week in November I'm being told. Suppose I'll post a pic of what I have thus far for vintage re-releases.

YFB and Riko like this.
Old 10-13-2022, 08:54 PM
YFB
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by R6cowboy
No 2wd yet, all 4wd and still in unopened boxes, but the Cougar Classic I have on backorder is 2wd. The Optima Mid finally arrived at my local HobbyTown a couple weeks ago, it's a 60 mile drive to the store so I was able to pick it up this past weekend. But still waiting for the Schumacher Cougar Classic to come in from backorder, which suppose to be first week in November I'm being told. Suppose I'll post a pic of what I have thus far for vintage re-releases.

Nice! Worth building these. 😊
Revolter22 likes this.
Old 10-14-2022, 06:57 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by YFB
Nice! Worth building these. 😊
Right now, there are two original Kyosho Turbo Optimas sitting on the shelf waiting to be restored before getting to the re-re Turbo Optima . Finishing up a Kyosho Pro-XRT resto at the moment, then I think it's finally time to build at least a couple of the five Futaba FXT stadium trucks next. Not to mention, a couple more handfuls of other pending vintage builds. So the re-releases will likely be waiting for quite some time. Only time will tell.
Old 10-19-2022, 12:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I have been working on my old Ultima II that I originally bought when I was in middle school. Got enough parts together to get it on the track and raced it on a vintage race day. Managed to get 2nd in a sea of gold tub rc-10s.

Old 10-21-2023, 02:20 PM
Tech Initiate

Waiting on a Tomahawk from Amain, been on backorder a while.
Old 10-21-2023, 11:18 PM
Tech Master

There’s nothing confirmed, but with next year being the 40th anniversary of the RC10, I think it was a bit curious that Associated will be showing up at SEMA with an SLA “Prototype” RC10 Classic chassis to display at the show. I can’t imagine them not re-releasing the kit from a few years back with a few goodies to commemorate the milestone. Here’s a link to the RedRC article: https://www.redrc.net/2023/10/team-a...0/#more-215566
pastimesteve, creflo and AntH3001 like this.
Old 10-24-2023, 07:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by TurnNBurn
There’s nothing confirmed, but with next year being the 40th anniversary of the RC10, I think it was a bit curious that Associated will be showing up at SEMA with an SLA “Prototype” RC10 Classic chassis to display at the show. I can’t imagine them not re-releasing the kit from a few years back with a few goodies to commemorate the milestone. Here’s a link to the RedRC article: https://www.redrc.net/2023/10/team-a...0/#more-215566
Noticed that posted on the RC10Talk fb page. Keeping an eye out for a potential re-release.
pastimesteve likes this.
Old 10-31-2023, 05:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

For those who may be interested, Associated is now taking pre-orders for the RC10 Classic clear edition.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.