Search
Like Tree26Likes

Hobbywing So Annoying!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2019, 08:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Hobbywing So Annoying!!!!!

Ive been through 3 justocks in the same buggy and purchased a faulty xr8 in my 4wd in the past 9 months.
I recently purchased a nice used eb410. Came with a justock in it. I got a very good deal on the buggy so I was willing to look past my dislike for HW. Well, dammit, I ran a couple packs through it and its glitching again!!!! All 3 of the justocks ive had have the same glitch. I call it the "WA-WAAAs"
(it happens so often now that the glitch has a name)
So I know how to hook up an esc and solder and bla bla bla.
what happens is, it hesitates for a millisecond then takes off. But the hesitation does have some forward momentum. It feels like accelerating on a dead battery for that millisecond, then it takes off.
It goes away with a re-calibration or when I go into my program card and do a factory default. But it always comes back. It can be after a minute, second, 5 minutes. Its varies, but the glitch always returns. 3 justocks in a row guys. Well, needless to say after my faulty xr8 purchase, I switched brands. Really disappointed in HW. Any thoughts???
Old 09-01-2019, 09:31 PM
mes
Tech Elite

So many escs and the same glitch sounds hard to believe. Maybe it is your Radio equipment? Back in the day, I believed to have issues with various Futaba Servos, but in the end it was all the Spektrum radio's fault.
Cain likes this.
Old 09-01-2019, 09:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Last edited by zipperfoot; 02-11-2020 at 08:56 AM.
Old 09-01-2019, 11:23 PM
Tech Addict

To be honest sounds like a sensor wire issue. The 2 stage throttle is the most common behavior exhibited with an incomplete sensor wire connection.
Old 09-01-2019, 11:38 PM
Tech Adept

Really... the issue is almost the common denominator
RazorRC likes this.
Old 09-02-2019, 02:31 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Why not have posted in the HW dedicated forum????

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Nothing wrong with HW! And you put an XR8 in a 1:10 buggy? You already stated your bias against HW, as stated above did you run the same sensor wire on all ESC's, did you buy the ESCs new, did you contact HW support, did you get a resolution or RMA???
Old 09-02-2019, 08:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)

Did you calibrate it? Change sensor wires????
1/8 IC Fan likes this.
Old 09-02-2019, 11:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Hobbywing sensor ports are kind of deep in the esc. I had that problem recently and found the sensor wire looked like it was connected but really wasn’t. I used a hex wrench and pushed it in deeper and works fine now.
Old 09-02-2019, 01:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I used to have lots of problems with HW justock ESCs failing. Then I stopped crashing into walls every time I drove and magically my ESCs stopped breaking. True story.
Old 09-02-2019, 02:07 PM
Tech Addict

I've been using Hobbywing for years and have never had any problems. They're my go to ESC's. I've bought dozens of them, mostly for 1/8 and 1/5 scale without a single problem.

It's been 0% failure rate for me. Castle on the other hand has been a 75% failure rate out of the few I've bought, so I won't even consider Castle any more
rustyus likes this.
Old 09-02-2019, 02:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

No problems with HW escs... even plugged in backwards then just fried the capacitors... changed caps and the esc was good as new. (XR10 pro models)
Drbrake and Knockoffracer like this.
Old 09-02-2019, 06:17 PM
Tech Initiate

Just to share similar experience with justock 60A ESC.
every run, after few minutes or big shocks, the acceleration lag appeared and green light flashed.
Problem was solved with "glue gum" (google patafix) applied on ESC sensor wire plug, to lock the wire plug inside ESC.
It seems this ESC is very sensitive on sensor wire connection and the ESC plug creates false contact.
Cain and Drbrake like this.
Old 09-02-2019, 07:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Phillip F
No problems with HW escs... even plugged in backwards then just fried the capacitors... changed caps and the esc was good as new. (XR10 pro models)
I may or may not have had a reverse polarity issue with my XR10 Pro... I need to give the car a shove to get the throttle to work. Would this be a similar issue you experienced after cooking the capacitors?
Old 09-02-2019, 10:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

No worse than the average clubracer for abuse on gear. All 3 esc's did the same thing. Ive had a different brand esc in for as long as the hw gear now without problems.
calibrating,
resolder
new sensor wires
checking fitment.
ive shown this problem to the guys at my track and they have seen it first hand. Ive bought all these through my lhs.. guy at the counter cant believe it either...I know how to drive, I know how to hook up rc electronics and maintenance duties. Im meticulous with my rc stuff.
Im telling you guys the truth. I even called Charlie at hw for some advice..I actually talked to him while he was in the middle of Axialfest. Good dude, seriously. He said the same thing everyone else says. I performed all those procedures before I talked to him. Every idea that has been presented, I checked before I called hw. I even brought it to the tech guy at our track... and he was like🤔
Just thought Id share. Not trying to cause trouble. I know how people get defensive about these types of things but its just what Ive ( and a couple other people I know have experienced)
yeah I should've posted in that hw tech support forum. I was looking at that before and made a mistake, sorry.
Drbrake likes this.
Old 09-02-2019, 10:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1/8 IC Fan
Why not have posted in the HW dedicated forum????

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Nothing wrong with HW! And you put an XR8 in a 1:10 buggy? You already stated your bias against HW, as stated above did you run the same sensor wire on all ESC's, did you buy the ESCs new, did you contact HW support, did you get a resolution or RMA???
xr8 is a also a 10 scale sct/ truck esc. Lots of people run that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.