Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Nondas
  • 1 Post By Nondas

Tlr 22 4.0 electronics

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2019, 01:32 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Tlr 22 4.0 electronics

Hello guys! I won t say much, i m Not entirely new to this, i used to run a stock (ets)13.5 blinky Mode touring car and last year a 1/10 4wd sworkz 14-2 buggy with a cheap 120a Tsky esc which smells now like chicken nuggets and a 6.5T Motor inside! Now I just got myself my first 2wd buggy kit and I m looking forward to start building it! But I don’t have electronics There s only left a cheap 6.5T monstertronic Motor but I guess the ball diff can’t handle it! I want to buy a 10.5T and maybe a hobbywing xr10 60a esc or a blue toro 50a! Are these small?? Cause hobbywing has also a 120a esc with the same price as the 60a :/
2nd Question, i v found a used 13.5 motor which i can trade with an old battery i have! Does it worth having a 13.5t Motor with a combination of 72 Spur/ 25 pinion? Because with an 10.5 I guess that would be 76/20??
The outside track I m gonna play is this
msc-karlsfeld.de(minimum gripp and dumpy)
and the Second, just google Rc car center Augsburg
(inside with ets carpet).
i m really confused what to buy! The budget must not go to high as I need a transmitter also! The Absima c3rp that I have, doesn’t work for me! I never liked it...
thank you so much!!
Greetings from rainy Germany

Old 09-02-2019, 08:54 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Nondas
Hello guys! I won t say much, i m Not entirely new to this, i used to run a stock (ets)13.5 blinky Mode touring car and last year a 1/10 4wd sworkz 14-2 buggy with a cheap 120a Tsky esc which smells now like chicken nuggets and a 6.5T Motor inside! Now I just got myself my first 2wd buggy kit and I m looking forward to start building it! But I don’t have electronics There s only left a cheap 6.5T monstertronic Motor but I guess the ball diff can’t handle it! I want to buy a 10.5T and maybe a hobbywing xr10 60a esc or a blue toro 50a! Are these small?? Cause hobbywing has also a 120a esc with the same price as the 60a :/
2nd Question, i v found a used 13.5 motor which i can trade with an old battery i have! Does it worth having a 13.5t Motor with a combination of 72 Spur/ 25 pinion? Because with an 10.5 I guess that would be 76/20??
The outside track I m gonna play is this
msc-karlsfeld.de(minimum gripp and dumpy)
and the Second, just google Rc car center Augsburg
(inside with ets carpet).
i m really confused what to buy! The budget must not go to high as I need a transmitter also! The Absima c3rp that I have, doesn’t work for me! I never liked it...
thank you so much!!
Greetings from rainy Germany

any help here?
Old 09-02-2019, 09:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Nondas

any help here?
The 4.0 ball diff will handle a 6.5 but that's a lot of motor for carpet and it won't last long. For carpet you are better off with a gear diff.

There is a thread for the 4.0 pop your questions in there and sure you will get more replies as people tend to subscribe to specific threads.

Good luck.
Old 09-02-2019, 09:26 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Pistol123
The 4.0 ball diff will handle a 6.5 but that's a lot of motor for carpet and it won't last long. For carpet you are better off with a gear diff.

There is a thread for the 4.0 pop your questions in there and sure you will get more replies as people tend to subscribe to specific threads.

Good luck.

ohh ok sorry :/ sure I ll do thanks
Pistol123 likes this.
Old 09-02-2019, 09:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Here's a link to the 4.0 thread

TLR 22 4.0

Welcome by the way 👍
Old 09-02-2019, 09:29 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks again, as soon as I find some time I ll post some photos from my cars
Pistol123 likes this.