Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree84Likes

Serpent SRX-2 Gen-3 leaked?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2021, 01:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)

I think that Serpent has kept in front of the lag of supply for parts. I personally havent had supply problems, ordering weekly nearly.
Old 01-30-2022, 05:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Any advice for getting some more on power steering on carpet with this car? Seems to have a lot more push than the older version. Mezzos in the back Schumacher’s on the front.
Any suggestions would be appreciated
Old 01-30-2022, 05:29 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Davv
Any advice for getting some more on power steering on carpet with this car? Seems to have a lot more push than the older version. Mezzos in the back Schumacher’s on the front.
Any suggestions would be appreciated
Hey Davv,
What track, and carpet type are you using. Also is your car a carpet or dirt version?
Old 01-30-2022, 06:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

What's your current setup?
Old 01-31-2022, 01:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

It’s the carpet version. With Schumacher mezzos in the rear and the low profile cut staggers in the front(preferred tire choice at our track). Carpet type is like a grey office type I’m thinking. The setup is more or less stock but I moved the front shocks all the way in and out the 5 degree caster blocks in. Seems to push real hard on power.
I run the almost identical setup on my old srx2 and it has almost too much steering.
It seems real odd to me. What do you guys think?
Old 02-01-2022, 11:09 AM
Tech Champion

It’s the carpet version. With Schumacher mezzos in the rear and the low profile cut staggers in the front(preferred tire choice at our track). Carpet type is like a grey office type I’m thinking. The setup is more or less stock but I moved the front shocks all the way in and out the 5 degree caster blocks in. Seems to push real hard on power.
I run the almost identical setup on my old srx2 and it has almost too much steering.
Davv, couple things to go over for us to really help you. If you'd like, email me directly @ [email protected] or Facebook messenger under Garcia Graphix. But I will try to offer some setup help in the direction I would go from a all original buid and setup manual.
1) Diff height full up, or mid High
2) 2 gear gear diff setup. If your running a 4g diff, and remove 2 small gears, then you'll need to double the diff oil weight, filling the diff to the factory weight on gram scale with the removed gears on the scale plate.
3) 14mm ride height
4) Take away rear toe in .5° at a time
5) move rear hubs rearward
6) raise steering block
7) stiffer rear spring
8) increase ackerman
9) adding weight to the chassis.
10) trim more wicker bill off the wing.
Old 02-01-2022, 11:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Took me a long time to figure out what was going on with my buggy. Loosen the slipper and go to the shorter rear tower to reduce rear grip.
Old 02-01-2022, 11:42 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by savage24x
Took me a long time to figure out what was going on with my buggy. Loosen the slipper and go to the shorter rear tower to reduce rear grip.
Savage24X,
good information also, but running a lowered tower does quite a few things. Increases droop, changes roll center, center of gravity, and in general the longer the droop is , it will always create grip especially in the slicker area's. Be careful with slipper settings. Our pads gloss up real fast, once they are glazed, time for new ones. I personally use carbon fiber slipper pads made by Visionracing.net in both 2wd and 4wd and tell Jeff I sent ya.
savage24x likes this.
Old 02-01-2022, 03:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thank you guys very much for the advice.
Raul. I am just running two gears in the diff and went a little heavy with the oil. I’m also running the eliminator for 17.5 and did take some rear toe out in the build. I never really thought of changing the Ackerman so that’s a great suggestion.
I’ll also try the lower shock tower. Thanks for that tip savage.
The car is close, it’s fast and agile and jumps really well. I’m thinking my driving skills may not equal the car😂😂
But again thank you guys. I’ll try one thing at a time, I’m sure I’ll get it there.
Old 02-01-2022, 03:57 PM
Tech Master

Thank you guys very much for the advice.
Raul. I am just running two gears in the diff and went a little heavy with the oil. I’m also running the eliminator for 17.5 and did take some rear toe out in the build. I never really thought of changing the Ackerman so that’s a great suggestion.
I’ll also try the lower shock tower. Thanks for that tip savage.
The car is close, it’s fast and agile and jumps really well. I’m thinking my driving skills may not equal the car😂😂
But again thank you guys. I’ll try one thing at a time, I’m sure I’ll get it there.
The best thing you can do if front end changes aren't helping, is to remember to work on the rear end. In my case scenario, reducing rear grip is what helped my car stop pushing so hard. Front end changes made little to no change, but fixing the rear made a world of a difference.
Old 11-07-2022, 03:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Front camber link breakage

Hiya folks,

Is there an alternative canted camber link that last a lot longer? The stock serpent ones break or vend so very easily.
Old 11-22-2022, 08:30 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by foampervert
Hiya folks,

Is there an alternative canted camber link that last a lot longer? The stock serpent ones break or vend so very easily.
Haven’t had any issues after the first bad batch. If you have an original kit, they were very weak. After the newer parts, I was snapping 3mm camber links, so went with the RCSS textured camber link upgrade. Haven’t broken anything in 2 years. I have seen a few with associated parts, but can’t confirm fitment.
Old 11-29-2022, 01:44 AM
Tech Initiate

Anybody know if a new car or update is on the horizon?
Old 03-16-2023, 06:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

Anyone know how to get a front sway bar mounted up with the aluminum camberlink mounted?? It Doesn’t have the holes to just mount it up?? Any tricks or ideas??
Thanks guys.
Old 04-16-2023, 06:51 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

Whats the latest and greatest? Just curious if there are any rumors of a new kit coming? I haven't built a car in 5-6 years and feel the need to indulge in some self inflicted frustration.
AntH3001 likes this.

Last edited by flame56mx; 04-16-2023 at 07:25 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.