Search
Like Tree124Likes

Losi 1/6 Super Baja Rey Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2018, 10:04 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Steel_Rain
Can I buy one of the rear red covers from you?
Sorry, but no. I bought them both to use. You should join the Facebook SBR group!!! That's where I got mine from dude that prints them.

If you don't want to join Facebook group I can try and get contact info.
Old 03-31-2018, 03:49 AM
Tech Rookie

Does anyone know or could help me measure the length (eye to eye) of the rear shocks please?
Would be really grateful if anyone can help out. I'm planning to use dual shocks, but my SBR hasn't arrived yet, and just wondering if I could use some shocks I have in my spares box.

Thanks in advance
Old 03-31-2018, 03:15 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by iannyjim1
Does anyone know or could help me measure the length (eye to eye) of the rear shocks please?
Would be really grateful if anyone can help out. I'm planning to use dual shocks, but my SBR hasn't arrived yet, and just wondering if I could use some shocks I have in my spares box.

Thanks in advance
Around 170 millimeters

Old 04-01-2018, 03:04 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Dave_S
Around 170 millimeters

Thanks very much for that!
Dave_S likes this.
Old 04-01-2018, 09:36 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by iannyjim1
Thanks very much for that!

There's already 4 holes in the back where it looks like you could run two shocks.
Old 04-02-2018, 06:58 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Dave_S
There's already 4 holes in the back where it looks like you could run two shocks.
Yep that's my plan, dual rear shocks.
Old 04-05-2018, 06:52 PM
Tech Initiate

Hi there. Not about shocks but...this is my first time venturing into the big scale electric truck & I'm using Reaction 5000mAh 50C 3S 11.1v LiPo batteries. I also have the Passport Ultra 100W charger. The problem is I didn't read the fineprint: that to charge this high voltage batteries the charger needs to have it's firmware updated. IMO Horizon's link to the update on their website is not very user friendly. I spent hours trying to update the charger to no avail. Has anybody encountered a similar problem? Is there any other charger that does not need to be updated that's compatible to charge the Reaction batteries?
Old 04-05-2018, 07:21 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by turbodiesel
Hi there. Not about shocks but...this is my first time venturing into the big scale electric truck & I'm using Reaction 5000mAh 50C 3S 11.1v LiPo batteries. I also have the Passport Ultra 100W charger. The problem is I didn't read the fineprint: that to charge this high voltage batteries the charger needs to have it's firmware updated. IMO Horizon's link to the update on their website is not very user friendly. I spent hours trying to update the charger to no avail. Has anybody encountered a similar problem? Is there any other charger that does not need to be updated that's compatible to charge the Reaction batteries?
Have you tried to charge them? I looked those batteries up. I do see that they can be charged at higher rate. But also charge at normal rate
Old 04-05-2018, 07:33 PM
Tech Initiate

your charger will charge your batteries yours are not the High Voltage.
3s 11.1 is not a high voltage battery. https://www.horizonhobby.com/reactio...ec5-dynb3811ec

3s 11.4 is a high voltage battery https://www.horizonhobby.com/reaction-hd-114v-5000mah-50c-3s-lipo-hardcase%3A-ec5-p-dynb3856ec
Old 04-05-2018, 07:35 PM
Tech Initiate

The charger wont charge with the battery settings. Are you saying that I have to enter a lower voltage for the charger to charge the battery?
Old 04-05-2018, 07:36 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly
Have you tried to charge them? I looked those batteries up. I do see that they can be charged at higher rate. But also charge at normal rate
The charger wont charge with the battery settings. Are you saying that I have to enter a lower voltage for the charger to charge the battery?
Old 04-05-2018, 07:42 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by BudgetRacer631
your charger will charge your batteries yours are not the High Voltage.
3s 11.1 is not a high voltage battery. https://www.horizonhobby.com/reactio...ec5-dynb3811ec

3s 11.4 is a high voltage battery https://www.horizonhobby.com/reaction-hd-114v-5000mah-50c-3s-lipo-hardcase%3A-ec5-p-dynb3856ec
The charger does not charge @ the 11.1v setting.
Old 04-05-2018, 08:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

I don't think you need to charge that battery with a high voltage setting because the voltage you listed is a standard 3s lipo voltage. So you should be able to charge it in lipo mode by selecting the cell count and pack capacity
Old 04-05-2018, 08:40 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

The charger does not charge @ the 11.1v setting.
Are you getting an error message?

I’ve only seen that charger, never tried t use one. But looking up it looks to have setting for Lipo, li-fe, li-Ion. Any chance it’s in wrong setting?
Dave_S likes this.
Old 04-05-2018, 10:14 PM
Tech Champion

What's the battery voltage? No way it should be 4.2, but I'm trying to think of why your charger might not charge it.

On my charger you can manually set voltage to 4.35 a cell.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.