Like Tree124Likes

Losi 1/6 Super Baja Rey Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2018, 09:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

[QUOTE=Steel_Rain;15189889]
Originally Posted by Dave_S
It's a touch smaller. I got a s9020 to fit, but it's super tight. I kind of had to stretch plastic a bit.

Nice! How do you like that servo? I was planning to upgrade my DBXL-E with that.

When you say you had to stretch the plastic, does it seem to fit/work ok?
I don't know, haven't run it yet. The servo might be kind of slow though. I use the 9020 for brakes on my 5ive. If I was buying a new servo i probably should have went with s9010, faster with less torque. I only used the 9020 because i had one laying around.

I think it's .2 seconds and around 1000 oz/in, where the 9010 might be .14 speed with around 700 oz/in
Old 03-23-2018, 01:35 PM
Tech Rookie

I just got one of these yesterday, the shocks seem a little soft , I put 60 wt oil in mine, anyone else's thoughts. this truck is badass!
Old 03-23-2018, 01:48 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by motopat
I just got one of these yesterday, the shocks seem a little soft , I put 60 wt oil in mine, anyone else's thoughts. this truck is badass!
I don't know about suspension, but i do know it's badass! Got some led covers coming!
Old 03-23-2018, 02:30 PM
Tech Adept

I was chatting with Chris Higa of TLR and he said the Hitec 5765MH is a direct replacement for the stock steering servo. The S9020 has quite a bit more girth over the stock servo.

Really enjoying reading the feedback on these. I have a 1/10 BR that I punish on a regular basis and it is one of the most dynamically fun driving trucks I have ever had.
.AJ., Dave_S, Fate0n3 and 1 others like this.
Old 03-23-2018, 02:33 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by DDMSteve
I was chatting with Chris Higa of TLR and he said the Hitec 5765MH is a direct replacement for the stock steering servo. The S9020 has quite a bit more girth over the stock servo.

Really enjoying reading the feedback on these. I have a 1/10 BR that I punish on a regular basis and it is one of the most dynamically fun driving trucks I have ever had.
The only reason I installed servo was just to tryit since I already had one. Thanks for info on the hitec!
Old 03-24-2018, 10:04 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I was thinking of getting the SBR but I'm still waiting to see how the Traxxas UDR performs and would love to see some comparisons of both of these trucks running together.

I think my biggest concern is whether or not Losi will discontinue this soon and then parts soon after that? I would love to hear more if this is a valid concern.

I'm not familiar with Losi as much as I am Horizon, so same thing maybe? but I have bought some planes from Horizon Hobby and it seems like their motto is...keep it around for 2 years and discontinue it and all parts are discontinued 2 years after that. I just don't want to be stuck with this thing and have no parts support.

With Traxxas, I have no worries about this...they have support up the you know what and they are always around. Peace of mind I guess.

The only Losi I owned was the Micro SCT 1/24 scale (lol) . That was a piece of JUNK! Horrible out of the box and had to redo everything (see pics below). Well, I recently pulled that out of the closet last week, ran it, wanted to get some new stuff for it but when I looked online it's all discontinued. I sold it 2 days later and it has me worried that this will happen with the SBR. It kinda leaves a bad taste in my mouth (Horizon).

I think I like this SBR b/c it's cheaper than the UDR so far, but I've had NOTHING but great experience with Traxxas. And I've had great customer support with Horizon too, so they're tied there but I feel like getting to the parts with UDR is easier (under the chassis), well thought out design and working on the Slash was always easy. ECX Torment was not as friendly working on it (another Horizon product). I think telemetry is easier setup on Traxxas, so I really want to see these two trucks go at it and ran together. I guess I'm gonna see what the UDR forum says about it but hard to tell as it's still not out yet.

LOL...I know the SCT isn't the best example but it's the only Losi I've bought. I'm not exaggerating when I say, the other night, after I sold it, I was looking at the box and the old stuff that it came with and thought...who the heck approved this thing? The brushless version was much better but my brushed had to be heavily modded to enjoy it. And that's the only reference I have of Losi...so I know it's not the best one but they still put their name on it!

Old 03-25-2018, 12:15 AM
Tech Champion

The best rc in the world is a losi . 5ive T

Your concerns about parts are 1000% percent legitimate.

I've seen both, only thing that stood out to me on the Traxxas was the rear sway bar. I was jealous.

The losi SBR is monster.

I can't recommend one over the other though.
Old 03-25-2018, 05:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Well, I'd never buy a 5ive T. Mainly because it appears the "knockoffs" are apparently pretty much better out of the box and when you do upgrade them, the total cost is much much lower than the 5ive. It'd certainly be cool to try out a 1/5, though. Or even these 1/6-1/7 desert racers.
Old 03-25-2018, 11:30 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by DDMSteve

I would love ddm to carry parts for these. I'd let your company borrow mine if it would help get parts out there, lol.

All's I want in exchange for letting ddm borrow truck would maybe 10 candies?

I know ddm doesn't do this, but aluminum rear axle and better rear sway bar would be the business!
Old 03-25-2018, 11:31 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by tvih
Well, I'd never buy a 5ive T. Mainly because it appears the "knockoffs" are apparently pretty much better out of the box and when you do upgrade them, the total cost is much much lower than the 5ive. It'd certainly be cool to try out a 1/5, though. Or even these 1/6-1/7 desert racers.
Knockoffs much better out of the box?? Drats, I gots ripped off.
Old 03-25-2018, 12:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Dave_S
Knockoffs much better out of the box?? Drats, I gots ripped off.
So I've heard! Although - I meant "pretty much" better, not pretty "much better", there's a difference Like KM Deluxe X2. Can't say I have personal experience, but many of the drivers I've talked to about these out of interest and who have had experience with both have said that building up from a KM X2 ends up notably cheaper than the 5ive. Could be untrue of course, but I suppose they've no reason to lie so at least that's apparently their experience.

Anyway, I suppose it's not a discussion for this thread. Still looking forward to those UDR vs SBR comparisons to start popping up!
Old 03-25-2018, 12:22 PM
Tech Champion

When I looked at both I determined someone needs to duplicate the traxxas rear sway bar for the sbr, in a way that doesn't get them sued.

I also suggest SBR owners put green slime or some equivalent on their shock shaft o rings. Made my shocks much smoother.

I'm calling rc skinz tomorrow to try and get proper size shock sleeves.
Old 03-25-2018, 05:05 PM
Tech Champion

Sorry that I can't figure out how to embed, but I swear this might be worth a watch. It's short, like 2 minutes.

https://youtu.be/ltWu8kjYmB0
Old 03-25-2018, 05:34 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Here's the only video I've found showing both the SBR and UDR running...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nqp-uvzOZyk

The comments seem to favor the SBR. Apparently the UDR was jumped and broke the first time. I'm looking for that video now...
Old 03-25-2018, 05:45 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Nickerz
Here's the only video I've found showing both the SBR and UDR running...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nqp-uvzOZyk

The comments seem to favor the SBR. Apparently the UDR was jumped and broke the first time. I'm looking for that video now...
I just compared them side by side at hobbytown. I would have taken video, but I drop phone enough with two hands, let alone one

At hobbytown Rockford when I was there I heard a few negative comments about the traxxas and more positive about the SBR. I'd like to drive the traxxas.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.