Search
Like Tree124Likes

Losi 1/6 Super Baja Rey Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2018, 06:53 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pkolby
Just a matter of time for that. A rear bump stop is needed. The tire or tank thumps on each landing.

Am running a 2 channel receiver currently until Horizon figures out how to help me. Truck with no AVC is the way to go. It felt completely different and amazing.
Good to read that it was just a bad receiver. It’s kinda odd that they having this issue still. I’ve got other vehicles that use spectrum receiver, they get wet and work fine.
Never liked the AVC on the 1/10. Just never felt right. Actually pretty sure it caused the first broken part. The AVC tried to straighten wheels off a bad jump, and stripped the servo arm on landing.
Old 03-19-2018, 12:51 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly
Good to read that it was just a bad receiver. It’s kinda odd that they having this issue still. I’ve got other vehicles that use spectrum receiver, they get wet and work fine.
Never liked the AVC on the 1/10. Just never felt right. Actually pretty sure it caused the first broken part. The AVC tried to straighten wheels off a bad jump, and stripped the servo arm on landing.
I think mine got wet causing my truck to act jenky. I've had older spektrum receivers practically submerged.

Someone on Facebook put a 1/5 servo in their truck. I might give that a shot tomorrow. Or the next day, I gots to clean my truck first. It's muddy.
Old 03-19-2018, 06:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hi, I’m about to order one of these and wanted to know the actual height of the battery box? I’ve got a pair Gens Ace 3s lipos I want to use that are 38mm tall, so 74mm in total

Cheers

Last edited by .AJ.; 03-19-2018 at 10:12 AM.
Old 03-19-2018, 07:11 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I went to a 21T pinion last night. Not that this truck needed it...but wow, what a difference in the top end!

One note for current SBR owners...someone got red loctite happy with pinion set screw on my rig. Typical stuff here...use a soldering pencil on the set screw set to high heat. Give it a few minutes and take it off. Even doing this way...I had to use a small pry bar to eject the pinion. The loctite was so heavy that it was on the motor shaft and it collected/globed under set screw threads.

Pics:

Old 03-19-2018, 08:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dave_S
I think mine got wet causing my truck to act jenky. I've had older spektrum receivers practically submerged.

Someone on Facebook put a 1/5 servo in their truck. I might give that a shot tomorrow. Or the next day, I gots to clean my truck first. It's muddy.

I thought the servo was a 1/5 size stock out of the box??
Going to be replacing mine soon also
Old 03-19-2018, 05:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

Originally Posted by monsterbrad
Been following this since the start.
Guys not to sound like a jerk or know it all here but 8s????
These trucks are meant to be scale re creations of the real thing.
That would be like a real one of these having a top fuel dragster engine in it.
As far as the rear axle failures .....thats no surprise!
Those gears need to be set up properly they are nothing more then scaled down real thing!
If a full scale rear axle is set up wrong it wont last one pass with 800 plus HP thrown at it.
As normal with RTR's like this they need to be checked before bashing them.
If you want a beater then buy some sort of 1/8 Truggy set up.
Scale is scale!

THANK YOU!!!! I have tried explaining the same exact thing to other owners but they are usually quick to get defensive. This thing is by far not a top speed run vehicle, and then people are complaining that they are breaking things. Well yeah!! You're driving a scale truck at warp speeds. This thing is not a Slash or Stampede people, and not even close to being a basher. It simply wasn't built for any of the expectations that most of these owners out here have. Peoples excuse for running 8s is basically because they can and because the ESC is barely capable.
Old 03-19-2018, 05:59 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by speedemall
THANK YOU!!!! I have tried explaining the same exact thing to other owners but they are usually quick to get defensive. This thing is by far not a top speed run vehicle, and then people are complaining that they are breaking things. Well yeah!! You're driving a scale truck at warp speeds. This thing is not a Slash or Stampede people, and not even close to being a basher. It simply wasn't built for any of the expectations that most of these owners out here have. Peoples excuse for running 8s is basically because they can and because the ESC is barely capable.
Lol, then why did Losi big gears, suspension ect on it and do speed runs themselves?

This isn't a scaler you do 10 mph with, and the esc itself is labeled 8s 1200kv on the outside. Do you know the difference between running big pinion HV 6s over small pinion 8s?

The trucks are beastly.
Old 03-19-2018, 07:43 PM
Tech Initiate

Horizon is sending me a new receiver no questions asked basically. Thank you to them!
Dave_S and Billy Kelly like this.
Old 03-19-2018, 07:50 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Potoczak
Anyone have a idea if Losi is going to come out with option parts/bling for this truck??
It’s hard to guess what Losi/Horizon will do. Aftermarket did get to the 1/10 version fairly quick. Though considering that they weren’t cheap for 1/10. Price could have aftermarket hold off till they get better idea of how sales are going.
Old 03-20-2018, 10:17 PM
Tech Champion

I gotta clean out my gearbox. It was my own fault debris got in there.

That's a quarter on the table to give an idea of the size of the gears.
Old 03-21-2018, 06:47 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Dave_S
I gotta clean out my gearbox. It was my own fault debris got in there.

That's a quarter on the table to give an idea of the size of the gears.
The "guts" of this truck are amazing.

I'm up to 10 runs on mine with zero issues. I plan to install a new MAX5 I've bought for this before the Summer heat hits. I bought a castle dual blower fan, but I'm going to have to modify it to fit.

The Traxxas UDR will be a different machine...but I cannot think it'll be any better then this, other then (maybe) the scale looks.
Dave_S likes this.
Old 03-21-2018, 08:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Just ordered one in Black, will be with me tomorrow
Dave_S likes this.
Old 03-21-2018, 10:34 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Potoczak
I thought the servo was a 1/5 size stock out of the box??
Going to be replacing mine soon also
It's a touch smaller. I got a s9020 to fit, but it's super tight. I kind of had to stretch plastic a bit.

Old 03-22-2018, 04:41 AM
Tech Regular

[QUOTE=Dave_S;15189787]It's a touch smaller. I got a s9020 to fit, but it's super tight. I kind of had to stretch plastic a bit.

Nice! How do you like that servo? I was planning to upgrade my DBXL-E with that.

When you say you had to stretch the plastic, does it seem to fit/work ok?
Old 03-23-2018, 07:06 AM
Tech Regular

Got a chance to run mine on the 21T pinion.

If you own one of these...go buy it (or higher!). What a top end difference! Not that it needed more speed...but WHOA.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.