Search
Like Tree124Likes

Losi 1/6 Super Baja Rey Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2018, 09:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by westsiderkg
that's so cool! let us know how the printing goes for 4s. would be interested in buying 1 from you if your interested in selling. let me know.

by the way does anyone have theirs in the flesh yet? I can't wait for Saturday to get mine! been a tough couple months of waiting.
I got my telemetry stuff in the mail today, all's I need is truck.
Old 03-01-2018, 10:20 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Dave_S
I got my telemetry stuff in the mail today, all's I need is truck.

did horizon tell you how to install? they told me to just solder the connections to the motor wires. I was a little surprised there was not a plug in option.
Old 03-01-2018, 01:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

Dave_S likes this.
Old 03-01-2018, 03:13 PM
Tech Initiate

https://youtu.be/rkoqd9DKTFU

cool video here. they mention 70+mph on 8s!
Old 03-01-2018, 03:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by westsiderkg
did horizon tell you how to install? they told me to just solder the connections to the motor wires. I was a little surprised there was not a plug in option.
The voltage sensor or rpm sensor?
Old 03-01-2018, 07:03 PM
Tech Elite

Alright so I got mine today. First some unboxing pics..

I have no idea what any of these parts in the pic are for besides the batteries.

When taking off the panels be careful of these. Take them off and keep them safe as they are not permanently fixed.

Fuel cell under the spare

The power switch is mounted using servo tape but mine had come loose and was dangling. There is a mounting hole on the case of the switch but for some reason they were to lazy to mount it. I suggest that you address this immediately before running.

Size comparison of the DBLE vs Rey. The DBLE is definitely larger with a longer wheelbase, larger wheels and tires, and wider stance

The body comes off in three separate pieces, is a chore as expected ,and consists of 18 screws total. It has to be taken off and installed in a specific order. Center first, then rear or front second. In reverse the center goes on last.

I nice little touch in terms of scale. Non functional of course

The aftermath of body removal
Old 03-01-2018, 07:13 PM
Tech Elite

I only really have a few gripes so far. The manual is bare bones just as it was with the 6 and DBLE. It is missing very vital information that should have also been included with their previous large scale vehicles. No instructions whatsoever on disassembly of any kind, including removal of the body.

I have stared at this thing for over an hour trying to figure out how to even get to the electronics. No exploded diagrams either. No mention of what the extra parts are supposed to be for.

Body removal takes roughly 4-5 minutes depending on the speed of your drill if you choose to use one, which I highly suggest.

I feel like even if I do figure out how to take the thing apart it will take a good amount of time to get it back together. The truck should have been designed to have an easily removable cage consisting of a few screws. Similar to the old Associated SC8E.
Old 03-01-2018, 07:23 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Nice pictures. They did just enlarge the 1/10. I think the piece next to the AA batteries is if you remove the spare tire. 1/10 has similar
Old 03-01-2018, 08:09 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

wierd so the included manual doesn't at least have an exploded view? see that on the online one so curious.
Old 03-01-2018, 08:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Mine came in today. One of the first things I did was to see if my new SMC packs would fit. I ordered 2 x 7400mAh 3S packs on the hope they would fit (they do), otherwise I was going to use them for something else. When I opened the battery door, I noticed a big chunk of foam they stuck on the door. That's great and all, except they didn't check clearance and it's so thick, you can't slide a battery past it. I had to peel it off to get the packs in the truck.
Attached Thumbnails Losi 1/6 Super Baja Rey Thread-20180301_182340.jpg   Losi 1/6 Super Baja Rey Thread-20180301_182914.jpg  
Mcortez517 likes this.
Old 03-01-2018, 08:22 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly
Nice pictures. They did just enlarge the 1/10. I think the piece next to the AA batteries is if you remove the spare tire. 1/10 has similar
Originally Posted by Cain
wierd so the included manual doesn't at least have an exploded view? see that on the online one so curious.
It’s becoming more and more common.
Old 03-01-2018, 08:45 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Cain
Nope, nothing. There's an online manual with exploded view? Got a link to that? I sat down with it again for another hour and figured out how to get to the electronics from the top of the cage. Not sure if that's how you are supposed to do it, but I honestly see not other way possible. I'll post step by step pics shortly.
Old 03-01-2018, 08:54 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by speedemall
Nope, nothing. There's an online manual with exploded view? Got a link to that? I sat down with it again for another hour and figured out how to get to the electronics from the top of the cage. Not sure if that's how you are supposed to do it, but I honestly see not other way possible. I'll post step by step pics shortly.
http://www.losi.com/ProdInfo/Files/L...-Manual-EN.pdf
Old 03-01-2018, 08:55 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by skelly1344
Mine came in today. One of the first things I did was to see if my new SMC packs would fit. I ordered 2 x 7400mAh 3S packs on the hope they would fit (they do), otherwise I was going to use them for something else. When I opened the battery door, I noticed a big chunk of foam they stuck on the door. That's great and all, except they didn't check clearance and it's so thick, you can't slide a battery past it. I had to peel it off to get the packs in the truck.
I just tried to fit two 8s hard packs and two 8s soft packs with the thick foam removed from the door. The hard packs were impossible to fit simultaneously. The soft packs fit better, but the second pack only fit less than half way. If you were to find 4s packs that are less than 1 inch thick each they will fit perfectly anything more will not work
Old 03-01-2018, 09:11 PM
Tech Elite

So I wanted to show how I accessed the electronics.

First I removed these two screws from the front left and right

Then this screw, one on each side in the same spot

These four screws that I have pointed out at the very top, at the front and rear sides

Once those are all out you can pull the front of the cage forward and then lift it out, swing it up and back out of your way.

Then you have access to the cockpit tray

Four screws are holding the tray in, remove those

After the 4 screws are out gently stretch the cage where you see me doing it in the pic one side at a time while sliding the tray out

Slide tray all the way out it will take some wiggling

Tray removed

Once you are finished whatever button everything back up in reverse order. Be sure to have the correct length screws in the correct holes. Easiest way to be sure is to put the screw back in the hole that it came from once you've cleared each part of the cage out of the way.
Dave_S likes this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.