Wiki Posts
Search

66ft no-prep RC drag racing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2024, 09:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default 66ft no-prep RC drag racing

Something I'm doing on my own as a 'back-yard' pursuit. It's no-prep based on NHRA Super Comp break-out class. Tenth-scale 66ft measured track length with 132ft paced-off shut-down. Pre-stage is 2ft (20in, actually). Staging for rolling start to 'timing cone' is 5ft. Timing system is GNSS speed meter set to mph read out.

Very much like it's full-scale NHRA class, motor is unlimited. ESC unlimited. 2s or 3s LiPo HV battery packs for power. Mah unlimited. Tires and wheels unlimited. 2WD/RWD only. No 4WD or FWD.

Only restriction, if you can call it that, is a 43mph break-out speed. May adjust break out speed at later date depending on how the cars perform.

Test car, or "Mule", is my DragSpec TRX Rustler upgraded to 3250Kv sensorless w/120A ESC and 2s x 6000mAh HV LiPo. P-L Prime RR slicks. 29.5mph 66ft trap speed initial runs.

Other two cars in competition are another TRX Rustler (SpeedSpec) and an ARRMA Senton 2s buggy conversion. This gives the series a three-car elimination ladder.

Interested to read if others are running something similar to this. Cheers. -AC

ahr43 TRX Rustler DragSpec at pre-stage

Last edited by AHR43; 04-06-2024 at 09:45 AM.
Old 06-24-2024, 04:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Event 5 GrassTrac Spec is a wrap. Time to re-configure cars and re-visit Event 4 and bring it to closure. Senton 2s already advanced to the semi-finals. TRX 43X Rustler still needs to make its bye run out of Round 1 to the semi's. That will be a 2s run.

Once both are in the finals it will be a 3s run off. Getting to 43mph break-out on 2s is doable but on the ragged edge of what both cars are capable of. 3s should power them well over the break-out speed of 43mph making for interesting throttle setting strategy.

July is run-off month. After that thinking about doing a couple of match-race best of three series for RC Super Comp DragSpec events. Dunno. See how this shakes out first. -AC