Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Canadian R/C Scene
Radio Operated Cars of Kelowna  (R.O.C.K Racing) >

Radio Operated Cars of Kelowna (R.O.C.K Racing)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Radio Operated Cars of Kelowna (R.O.C.K Racing)

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.11 average.

Old 09-19-2014, 03:55 PM
Tech Adept

Pat it's on in SC
Old 09-19-2014, 06:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

Looking forward to it. I'll charge up a 3s to bring my bash buggy slash to the track again, although I have to replace an A arm. Had too much fun last weekend with my bro and got it into an accident at the skate park. Totally worth it though, we got some awesome tricks down in the bowl
Old 09-20-2014, 12:56 AM
Tech Initiate

Stoked for sunday, going to bring everything!
Old 09-20-2014, 09:06 AM
Tech Adept

It's gonna be a burner! 28 degrees and sun! I got tired of fixing that old crappy hose too, so I bought a new one to keep watering times down! Come on out and race!!!!
Old 09-20-2014, 01:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Merse
It's gonna be a burner! 28 degrees and sun! I got tired of fixing that old crappy hose too, so I bought a new one to keep watering times down! Come on out and race!!!!
That's awesome Sandy. If I could make a few suggestions, first could you install a hook on the drivers stand so between races we could drape the hose over it so it doesn't get stepped on. Second I would suggest having a 2 man watering policy so the hose isn't getting dragged over the wood and big O which is probably a huge reason the hose doesn't last, that will also make it easier and faster for the person watering.
Old 09-20-2014, 03:34 PM
Tech Elite

please put me down for 2wd buggy. i am not sure when i will get there... i have a date tonight
Old 09-20-2014, 06:03 PM
Tech Elite

Default want to watch something cool?

video from the 1/8 worlds practice
http://www.neobuggy.net/
Old 09-21-2014, 05:11 PM
Tech Initiate

great racing today, wore out my wheel hexes, wore out my rear shock caps, and DNF'd 2 of my races. best first race day ever. expect me to be back next time!!

Last edited by Raiden1877; 09-21-2014 at 07:56 PM. Reason: typo
Old 09-21-2014, 06:44 PM
Tech Adept

Good to hear Raiden! Aluminum shock caps were a good upgrade for me! Check those wheels for tightness every time! Great job today!
Greg
Old 09-22-2014, 09:28 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Gman313
Good to hear Raiden! Aluminum shock caps were a good upgrade for me! Check those wheels for tightness every time! Great job today!
Greg
Speaking of wheel tightness, the nylock on my front left wheel was worn out I guess. I checked after the final race and it almost backed all the way off!
I need to remember some loctite next time, super wobbly front wheel may explain the weird squirliness that totally wrecked my A-main

It was a really fun day though, SCT was just packed, it was tons of fun. That was a hell of a fight 3rd race with Tom, I couldn't have dreamed of a more perfect take-down maneuver in that 3rd last corner of the final lap. Spun me out and didn't even lose his line at all! lol

I still have a lot of learning to do but I think I'm holding up alright for my first year of RC.

Also...Dylan. How did you even managed to break the same part the same way on two totally different trucks? How is that possible? How are you driving them??
Old 09-22-2014, 04:16 PM
Tech Adept

Sooooo was there a plan for getting the results up from Sunday??
Old 09-22-2014, 05:14 PM
Tech Adept

yup there is a plan....
Old 09-22-2014, 06:23 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Merse
yup there is a plan....
HAHAHAHA

Sunday was really fun, great turn out and great people I'm really excited for next Sunday now that's all the feel good stuff but I have 1 thing I need to mention only because I feel it needs to be and if anyone knows me they know I never speak up about anything

I've really noticed that our days run super smooth but after lunch things seem to run way slower and by the mains people start packing and leaving, I get that some people run one class and after there main is done they feel there day is done but the day isn't done until the last main is run, I want to get home as bad as the next guy but what happens is nobody is left to marshal the remaining races this is unfair for all the people left it's also unfair to the people who run these races and also to the people who make these days happen so for the last race I will be bringing this up at the drivers meeting and by the end of the day I want to see everyone help out with cleanup and packing up the day. or else lol
Old 09-22-2014, 09:28 PM
Tech Elite

only a suggestion...
make the last race of the day with the people leaving early.
"if 2wd short course has the most members leaving make it the last main"

we have the same issue in on road... people finish their mains and leave.

I have always wanted to have a "don't leave early" sur-charge"
A $5 or $10 deposit paid at registration... you will get your "deposit" back at the end of the day.... IF YOU STAY to the end... same for ON ROAD, stay till clean up is done.
Old 09-22-2014, 09:45 PM
Tech Regular

maybe a simple solution would be to always run the packed mains last

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.11 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.