Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
VINTAGE RACING for 2012 in NSW - General Discussion and events. >

VINTAGE RACING for 2012 in NSW - General Discussion and events.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VINTAGE RACING for 2012 in NSW - General Discussion and events.

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 02:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MadRacer
What length are the ones that you want dean.

Will have a look in my shock bin for you.
Thanks heaps Mark. I took a few piccies so you can see what I'm after. The red ones are too big, so if you're interested we could do a straight swap, if not we can always exchange some cash.
BTW, the car isn't finished yet and she's a little rough in some places. Still, for what I paid it was an absolute bargain.
Attached Thumbnails VINTAGE RACING for 2012 in NSW - General Discussion and events.-img_0475.jpg   VINTAGE RACING for 2012 in NSW - General Discussion and events.-img_0474.jpg   VINTAGE RACING for 2012 in NSW - General Discussion and events.-img_0470.jpg   VINTAGE RACING for 2012 in NSW - General Discussion and events.-img_0472.jpg  
Old 04-23-2012, 03:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MadRacer
Im going to be sending my Fly Sky radio to be upgraded soon.

It's going from 10 model memory to 100 ( Yeah baby one radio for all my vintage runners) with rx's as little as $5 a pop this is well worth it.

As well as getting the Back lit blue screen that's hard to see in the day changed to white with black characters so much easy to see.

Trim value mod takes the trim setting from 30 to 99.

All this for $20 + post.

If you are interested in this awesome upgrade let me know and i will forward the info.

Cheers
Mark
Hi Mark,,
I just got one of these radios for my son,,cheap price,new,
I'm impressed,easy to bind and set,,the setting is actually alot easier than most radios,,
tested it,,no problems or complaints,great cheap,reliable radio,,

I don't think he needs more than a 10 memory at the moment,,
Old 04-23-2012, 03:59 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Capt_Splatt
Hey Clint have you seen the short packs on that same site? have a look in new items. In stock and damn near perfect for vintage.

I just bought some more bashing packs. Not race legal, but they fit in just about any chassis and at less than $8 each, who needs to bring a charger?
I just wrap them in old mouse mats and heat shrink them for bit of extra protection. 2 years so far and no issues yet.
No I hadent seen them but I am going to have a look, I put a boat pack (3000mh soft pack) in one of my brushless cars the other day and yea ha as you say not race legal as they are not hard pack
Old 04-23-2012, 04:45 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default Shocks

Originally Posted by Capt_Splatt
Thanks heaps Mark. I took a few piccies so you can see what I'm after. The red ones are too big, so if you're interested we could do a straight swap, if not we can always exchange some cash.
BTW, the car isn't finished yet and she's a little rough in some places. Still, for what I paid it was an absolute bargain.
Hi Capt, I think have the right shocks for you if Mark doesn't .
Are they super hornet wheels on your Icarus ?
Old 04-23-2012, 05:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

As we have allowed in the past: A soft pack will be begrudgingly be allowed ONLY if fitted to a vehicle that ENTIRELY encloses the battery - ie: Sand Scorcher etc. Hornet would be ok as are some others.

If the battery is exposed in any way at all to the elements - then it MUST be hard case.

Just thought I would clear that up!!

Cheers

Darryn
Old 04-23-2012, 02:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks Daz - that's good to know.
Off the top of my head, the cars that would have an enclosed battery compartment would include:
  • FAV, (not the Wild One)
  • Scorcher, Rough Rider
  • Hornet, Grass Hopper
  • Pegasus, Icarus, Cosmo

Which suits me, but I'm more than happy to run hard case packs during actual races and use softies for practice, etc.
Old 04-23-2012, 02:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by besty22
Hi Capt, I think have the right shocks for you if Mark doesn't .
Are they super hornet wheels on your Icarus ?
Hi Chris,
Thanks for the offer. We'll see how Mark goes. But I'm happy to be showered with offers from as many people as possible

Yep, those are super hornet/Wild One fronts. They're not a perfect fit yet, but even with a standard 5x11 bearing, you only get half a mm of play which I suspect you wouldn't even notice on the track. I've got some 4x11x4 bearings on order. Just in case I was wrong about the slop. I'm still guessing, I haven't driven it yet.

The rears are a set of period after market hex fit jobbies. I drilled out a couple of hex drives to get over the step in the axle and they went straight on.
Old 04-23-2012, 08:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default The Mighty Cosmo Shockes!!!

Dean go for Chris;s offer.

My shocks would not be off the Cosmo/Icrus. Just was trying to help.

You can't turn up that offer. That is great.

Doorz those radios are great and have 2 now but my racing radio i use is now toast. ( Spektrum DX3R) just dropped it the other day and the LCD screen is totaly shattered. Had only 6 hrs on it but over 2 yrs old. Horizon Hobbies told me that it's only good for land fill. They don't sell replacement screens.

The lack of Sub Trim sucks and the trim of only a value of 30 is very low so with the mod that takes it to 99b is alot better. Good to here from you buddy. Hope to catch up at the enduro.

Last Spektrum i ever buy now.
Old 04-24-2012, 12:35 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by RETRO R/C
As we have allowed in the past: A soft pack will be begrudgingly be allowed ONLY if fitted to a vehicle that ENTIRELY encloses the battery - ie: Sand Scorcher etc. Hornet would be ok as are some others.

If the battery is exposed in any way at all to the elements - then it MUST be hard case.

Just thought I would clear that up!!

Cheers

Darryn
Hi Darren, thanks for the info, unfortunatly non of my stuff falls into this catagry only use softies in other stuff, boats mainly and keep the hard packs for cars.

Thanks Clint
Old 04-24-2012, 01:11 AM
Tech Addict

I just found a 3.5 turn motor and speedo combo I hope the Raider can handle it in 2wd mod
Old 04-24-2012, 01:52 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by cleatus
I just found a 3.5 turn motor and speedo combo I hope the Raider can handle it in 2wd mod
Holy shredded geraboxes batman!!

Cheers

Darryn
Old 04-24-2012, 01:53 AM
Tech Elite

I will have a chat with the boys at the Venom warehouse - we might have some older stock Li-Po's in a hard case that we could do for a pretty good price. We had them a while ago - hopefully not all sold out.

Cheers

Darryn
Old 04-24-2012, 02:11 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by RETRO R/C
I will have a chat with the boys at the Venom warehouse - we might have some older stock Li-Po's in a hard case that we could do for a pretty good price. We had them a while ago - hopefully not all sold out.

Cheers

Darryn
Thanks that would be great Let me know if you have any luck and where to send my money
Old 04-24-2012, 02:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

You can send your money to me,,,,
Old 04-24-2012, 03:19 AM
Tech Elite

SHUT UP BAGZ

Hugz

Daz

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.