Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
VINTAGE RACING for 2012 in NSW - General Discussion and events. >

VINTAGE RACING for 2012 in NSW - General Discussion and events.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VINTAGE RACING for 2012 in NSW - General Discussion and events.

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 05:29 AM
Tech Apprentice

Old 06-11-2012, 05:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Originally Posted by J!mbo
2. Meeting fellas that would only ever call them 'toy cars' on a customs declaration...

Brilliant - and perfectly CORRECT!!

Cheers

Darryn
Old 06-11-2012, 05:33 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

What a weekend!

I'd just like to thank Darren, and the Castle Hill club for putting on such a great vintage meet. The Castle Hill Track is one of the nicest I've ever driven on and is a credit to the club. Also thanks to Mikey who ran the computer.. Your commentary was fantastic.

Daz, I hope you continue doing these events as I think the whole concept is really polished now.

It was really great to catch up with all the people I've met in the past and make some new friends as well.

Really fun to watch Dean break his plastic cars and just laugh about it, also great to seem more and more Mugen's out on the track. Hopefully more Zerdas will be revived as well!

Thanks Clint for being a good room mate, sharing your story's and also helping me out with a pit area to work in. And thanks also for taking great photos and posting them..

I can't wait to get back for more!

David
Old 06-11-2012, 05:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Glad the weather held out for us all, had a mad time, my first vintage meet, and had a smile on the dial all day. Just couldn't match tyres to track at any part of Saturday. Wanted to keep the JRX theme and keep the factory wheels on, but lacked front steering, then changed to modern wheels and tyres and all steering, and no grip haha! It was a fun day indeed, and I may race the Fox next meet as well Deano in Plastic Fantastic as it was great to see them run! Loved the Killer back end on (insert name heres Fox), sorry forgot your name from Hobby in the Hills.

Cheers
Old 06-11-2012, 06:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Just a few things that came to mind

David K, I had to stop myself from calling u DJ Kilroy the whole meeting. Top effort to come all the way from WA!!

Scott hogan raced some very nice schumis all weekend. I hope to see u back at on of these meetings or at castle hill again

Same goes for Jason h, though not racing schumis, a javelin and a bulldog and a top guy to boot.

James W- TAMIYA. You've got a great line up of the tamiya cars and driving skills to match them. Great work on the weekend!

A couple of guys who have a few mentions but I wanted to thank is Dan Curby, gave me a crash lesson in alycat at 645 am, rob smith, helped with setting up and packing up, a stalwart of the club and did great things with the chain drive, his jrx and the yokomo, also Adam Ford, helped a lot during the days, ran the BBQ for us, and gave me a drive of his egress which requires a lot of trust when ur driving close to a $1000 car and jak, thanks for the nice comments about the astute I'm building, I figured you'd be the guy to do I could ensure its "bling enough". The yellow body sounds good too, I'll have to get another tbg one

Catchyas

Mikey
Old 06-11-2012, 06:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ViGiLaNtE351
Loved the Killer back end on (insert name heres Fox), sorry forgot your name from Hobby in the Hills.

Cheers

Me
Old 06-11-2012, 07:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by J!mbo
Great days - thanks for your efforts Daz and Mikey. It was excellent to meet a friendly bunch of blokes that share the enthusiasm for these 1/10-scale off-road classics!

Clint – go the Manta Ray and the '90s paint theme!
Adam – thanks for the steer of the Egress - champion!
David - full respect for the extremely quick pipe-frame and for travelling across the country to race!
Ed – your car line-up is so Tamiya-factory-team - awesome! (Kyoshos cool too)
Stuart – that JRX of yours was extremely hard to catch
Dean - ace collection but I couldn't go past that Terra Scorcher - nice!
Peter – go the Stadium Thunder!
Scott – your Procat and Bosscat are a couple of cool non-Tamiyas I'd love to own!
Besty22 - chat to you next time - thanks for the Top Force-air photo - it's the best pic I've got of any of my cars!

I'll try and get some of my pics up soon. RC Tech won't let me link to imageshack having only made a few posts - any thoughts? I could email someone a link
James it was great racing with you in truck class, your Hilux was flying! Hope you will come vintage racing with us again at a normal club day at Casso sometime.
Cheers,
Ed
Old 06-11-2012, 01:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NOFX
jak, thanks for the nice comments about the astute I'm building, I figured you'd be the guy to do I could ensure its "bling enough". The yellow body sounds good too, I'll have to get another tbg one

Catchyas

Mikey
I've actually thought a bit more about that Mikey on the drive home. I'm thinking pearlescent clear the whole body, then Metallic Gold with 2 Metallic black racing stripes over the top, with white side panels for numbers & sponser's decals, black wheels with gold wheels nuts.

Got to love colour coded wheel nuts
Old 06-11-2012, 02:00 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jak Rizzo
I've actually thought a bit more about that Mikey on the drive home. I'm thinking pearlescent clear the whole body, then Metallic Gold with 2 Metallic black racing stripes over the top, with white side panels for numbers & sponser's decals, black wheels with gold wheels nuts.

Got to love colour coded wheel nuts
Haha nice call. Wheel nuts are already taken car of! As are the black wheels. I had though a little about a gold body, I'll need to find someone to paint it though, one colour jobs are my speciality.
Old 06-11-2012, 05:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NOFX
Haha nice call. Wheel nuts are already taken car of! As are the black wheels. I had though a little about a gold body, I'll need to find someone to paint it though, one colour jobs are my speciality.
So the theme is a kind of reverse JPS Lotus?
Old 06-11-2012, 05:11 PM
Tech Elite

The other people i need to thank for the weekend is Venom / Redstar. Their continued support of Castle Hills' vintage racing is always very much appreciated, i think they spoil us a bit, every time we go to these races we come home with a goodies bag with T-shirts, towels, tools etc, as well as the entrants gifts Venom provides, the raffles prizes are always top notch, i think Rob was super satisfied with his new RC boat, and for the first time ever, i won something and scored an awesome venom mini hauler bag thing, which i had my eye on all weekend!
Old 06-11-2012, 05:47 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Radio Active
So the theme is a kind of reverse JPS Lotus?
Exactly right, thats how its sounding it will turn out

The other thing i've got ive got for when the astute is on display is alloy gold rims which will look trick
Old 06-11-2012, 07:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Clint, you have a PM.
Old 06-11-2012, 07:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

James (j!mbo) you also have a PM mate.
Old 06-11-2012, 08:42 PM
Tech Addict

Hi Adam, I got it and it is done

Catch up soon. Clint

Originally Posted by ajford
Clint, you have a PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.