Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
VINTAGE RACING for 2012 in NSW - General Discussion and events. >

VINTAGE RACING for 2012 in NSW - General Discussion and events.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VINTAGE RACING for 2012 in NSW - General Discussion and events.

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2012, 07:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

A video of first day car line up and Dean's Tamiya Super Champ driven by David:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQWNjLwxhmA
Old 06-10-2012, 04:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

glad the event was a cracker guy's really fantastic to hear. congrat's to all the winner's and thanks for the unreal video/pics.

gary
Old 06-10-2012, 05:22 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by J.M.
I would have really loved to be there with you guys but things didn't work out for me this time I am afraid.
Any chance of any video footage of the 'pipe frame' class?
Hi Jason, I have some footage of the pipe frame class, just have to figure out how to get it to You tube ! I have a few vids and was going to cut the boring bits and try to cut them all together in a montage, Because "we need a montage" hope you can make it for next year
Old 06-10-2012, 05:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Thumbs up

That sounds cool !
Looking forward to seeing a vid of pipe frame too.
Yesterday was the first time my Bulldog had been "raced" since 1988 for more than one lap ! Lol
Old 06-10-2012, 06:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Gents,
One and all, thanks for a great weekend. I now have restoration projects to last me in to the next decade
It was great to catch with so many good people and to actually be able to ask questions regarding 27 year old cars and have someone not only understand but even care about the answer.

Chris, pass onto Dylan my congratulations on taking some great photo's.

Daz, my apologies if I appeared appreciative of the trophy. I was indeed perplexed as to how a group of people who organised such an excellent even could have possibly gotten the placings so wrong.
I will hold onto the third place with great pride and aspire to even greater heights of racing prowess (completing a whole laps without crashing,falling over, parking under Adam's cars) in the future.
Old 06-10-2012, 06:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Hey guys. Thanks for making it such a cool weekend. It was great to see u all and watch and be involved in some really good racing

The full grid of the hotshot class at the start looked awesome, Dazs mip rc10 chasing an egress and robs chain drive kyosho was great to watch, the truck class with the dyna blaster vs T2 vs hilux monster racer was very entertaining and the plastic fantastic with the fox quick early on but Edwin's consistent wild one taking the prize

That hotshot class is a blast. I ran about 3 inches off the back of Ian webber for about a lap, then we ran side by side through a bunch of corners. It's interesting racing at that slow speed how much time u have to place the car in the right position (as long as the car co-operates!)

Great fun guys. Can't wait to do it again. If anyone wants to run their vintage runners at club days, please come down, I'd say we'll have a few turning up at the next few meets!
Old 06-10-2012, 08:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Massive thanks to Darryn & the Castle Hill guys for organising the event. If it wasn't for u guys I'd still be driving my cars on the beach.

Massive thank you to Adam for asking his Wife & children to bring radio gear from home, just so that I could drive my cars in the finals.
At least that makes up for all the juicy farts you were doing near me whilst marshalling. Sicko.

I can't beleive I missed out on seeing Dean get on the podium, it's been a life long dream of ours, (well at least the last few years) for us to get on the podium together. I won't hear the F*^king end of it now.
I hope Darryn laid a great big fat one on you when he handed the trophy over!

Can't wait till the next meet
Old 06-10-2012, 08:51 PM
Tech Addict

This is slightly off subject but though you guys may find it cool
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcgvFXe8HCo
See if you can work out who wins
Old 06-10-2012, 08:59 PM
Tech Addict

Here are some photos from the meet

Last edited by cleatus; 01-04-2014 at 12:45 AM.
Old 06-10-2012, 09:08 PM
Tech Addict

And more

Last edited by cleatus; 01-04-2014 at 12:45 AM.
Old 06-10-2012, 09:15 PM
Tech Addict

More

Last edited by cleatus; 01-04-2014 at 12:44 AM.
Old 06-10-2012, 09:17 PM
Tech Addict

last lot

Last edited by cleatus; 01-04-2014 at 12:44 AM.
Old 06-10-2012, 10:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ozipanda
A video of first day car line up and Dean's Tamiya Super Champ driven by David:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQWNjLwxhmA
Driving the Super Champ was a highlight of the Sunday for me.. The Super Champ was the first car I owned and raced..

Thanks Dean for the chance to re-live some good memorys of being a teenager.
Old 06-10-2012, 10:29 PM
Tech Initiate

Hi all, Had a great day on Sunday. Sunday was the first time I ever ran a battery in either the Bulldog or Javelin since buying them about 2 years ago. The last time I even raced or ran a RC car for fun was too many years ago to remember. Quickly learnt how important preparation and practice is.
My race day would of been over after 2min of practice with my bulldog - Broken arm. Couldnt believe the generousity of Chris who said he had a spare. Felt bad 5min later when I took it for another run and broke another part. Im in debt to the generousity of Chris who helped out again as well as to the people that helped me find the dog bone on both occasions. Running the Javelin was so much fun it was on rails for the 2nd qualifier. Unfortunately for me I only found the rails once all day. For me it was a great day because of the friendliness and attitude of everyone there. Now thinking of buying a SC10 and or a B44 to run more reguarly. Thanks all, cars have been cleaned and Bulldog repaired ready for next time. Cheers Jason.
Old 06-10-2012, 10:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jak Rizzo
Massive thanks to Darryn & the Castle Hill guys for organising the event. If it wasn't for u guys I'd still be driving my cars on the beach.

Massive thank you to Adam for asking his Wife & children to bring radio gear from home, just so that I could drive my cars in the finals.
At least that makes up for all the juicy farts you were doing near me whilst marshalling. Sicko.

I can't beleive I missed out on seeing Dean get on the podium, it's been a life long dream of ours, (well at least the last few years) for us to get on the podium together. I won't hear the F*^king end of it now.
I hope Darryn laid a great big fat one on you when he handed the trophy over!

Can't wait till the next meet
Happy to help Jak. Here's a free tip. You might have more success blaming me for your farts if everyone up on the drivers stand didn't see you lift up your leg before you "unleashed hell".

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.